Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo!  (Read 9131 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo!
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2010, 07:43:41 pm »

I gave up at about 1300 words. Ah, well.
[/post]

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2010, 05:50:42 am »

Оh, there's a thread on this :) awesome! I just won yesterday :D I guess this is a link to my profile?
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/630911

Anyway, the novel itself is horrible, I started writing on the 19th, and wrote the last 20 000 days from the 27th on. I started writing based on a single scene that came to my mind, but afterward had absolutely no idea how to develop it, and naturally came to hate both the plot and the characters. I had time to write only past midnight and had to do so at a speed of about 2000 - 3000 words per hour which left me very little time to actually think about what I was writing. Couple that with the fact I hadn't written in English in about 2 years, and the result is a horribly written mess.

But I've always been better at re-writing something than at writing it in the first place so this is a great victory for me :)

So, to make this post a bit less self-centric, do you plan on entering next year as well?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2010, 04:38:00 pm »

Yes.
[/post]

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2010, 05:06:58 pm »

Is it just me, or is the NaNo placed in the crappiest month?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2010, 07:02:27 pm »

Yeah, actually I expected it to be the best possible month for me - a month after we start uni, but a month before the exams start... only it seems every single possible task anyone could place on me felt the same way. Eh, it's over, at least - now I get a whole week of recuperating :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2010, 07:05:07 pm »

Yeah, actually I expected it to be the best possible month for me - a month after we start uni, but a month before the exams start... only it seems every single possible task anyone could place on me felt the same way. Eh, it's over, at least - now I get a whole week of recuperating :)

Its pretty bad month for me, but overall, at the start of the month is the recovery from a major holiday; Halloween. Then during November, you have Thanks Giving, a pretty moderate/bug holiday in it self, but with more logistical issue and right afterward is x-mas.

For myself, there is Thanks Giving, a birthday and LosCon. Those are all pretty big time syncs. Why couldn't it be in June?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2010, 10:44:22 pm »

Lawl, Graven. You must be a first year student or something. November is traditionally reffered to as 'Hell Month' by one and all.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2010, 01:10:22 am »

I work retail. The only month worse for me than November is December. It's good thing that month is so far aw-- oh wait

:(
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2010, 09:28:34 am »

Lawl, Graven. You must be a first year student or something. November is traditionally reffered to as 'Hell Month' by one and all.

Sorry to disappoint dude, third year :) My university usually distributes the misery along the entire semestre, this was the first year they decided November would be "Fuck the students month".

Other than that, I live in Bulgaria so Halloween is just something that floods the internet with pictures of sexy girls in slutty costumes, and we haven't really had anything to be thankful for in the last 100 years :) All in all, I really did expect it to be a more pleasant experience, but I'm glad to have succeeded. Now maybe next time I can actually start writing on time and get to write something I'm not ashamed of!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2010, 12:07:44 pm »

I stopped at 9,000.  Oh well, it was fun though.  I desperately want to write more, but now I have a job o_O
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]