Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind  (Read 45156 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Sorry, I've been out for a while.  Rolls'll be up in just a bit.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 12, Kneecaps and Tempting Widows
« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2012, 12:26:38 pm »

Turn 12

Looks like Toaster might finally see some... action.

Is it bad that I assumed the latter part of the title referred to Nirur's turn?

"That gives me information to work on.  Thank you for your assistance, and I will let you know if I find anything out."

Depart and head to see the next person on the list.

|  You turn to leave the lady, but as you do, her shell finally cracks.  She cries, obviously overcome with grief.  Through her choking sobs, you can hear her say, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.  I-I just don't know what to do without my husband.  I tried as hard as I could not to crack, but I just couldn't, I just couldn't.  I'm sorry, but please, can you," She, as she should, blushes at the next line, "Stay a while?"

Edit: Wait, no, I'm either in my own dream, or a small recursive sub-dimension of a greater dreamworld. I can't do much of anything by experimenting. Enough wasting time in the machine-noise-filled land of no machines.

Awaken.

Yeah... no.  Where are trying to wake up at?  Your body has disappeared from the material plane.

Kira

{"Van, get ready. This will be a tough fight. I suppose you could still help me from back there right?"}

"Bring it on, you apostates!"

Cast Complexo Ventus {Weak Air Shift} on self to dodge whatever they will cast; or to move nearer. Ortus Aer {Minor Blade of Air} aiming at the knees of the apprentice mage!

Your staff replies in the affirmative to your question, and you move into action.  | You cast the spell, it almost being second nature now, and you appear fairly close to the mage, albeit around four yards away.  |  You cast the bladed magic at the apprentices knees, your magic being a bit more powerful than usual (+.5 to damage).

Black Robed Apprentice: || The Apprentice put up a magical shield to block your attack, but it is so weak that it blasts through anyways, and cuts him in the knees, almost severing them.  (-2 to movement).  He can still stand though, and he casts a spell of his own, a quick lightning ball | that seems a little down on itself (-1 to damage).

(For a note, to make magical combat clearer, most ranged spells are homing spells, and cannot be dodged (even by weak air shift), and must be blocked with a shield of your own.  Shields are the most basic of magic manipulation, and spells are not needed to cast them.  How powerful your shield is depends how strong you are in the magic you decided to use for the shield.  You can use wind, water, arcane energy, anything you can think of that can affect the world physically.  Just remember the elemental weakness's on the OP.)

+3 to Minor Blade of Air and +1 to Ortus Aer.  +2 to Complexo Ventus.

Before I saw Tiruin's turn, I was about to ask why I kept recognizing myself in these turn titles. :P

Swim around, feeling for walls. Try to use my force magics to create some sort of short-lived light to see if that doesn't turn anything up.

You swim around, and you are able to map out the general shape of your watery prison, a circle.  You summon up your arcane magic, but it is completely ethereal and without a glow of any sort.  Your magic is far too weak for some type of magical glow to appear.

[abbr]
Strangle bandit 4 until he is truly dead, with rope of water.

|| You try and strangle the bandit, but he manages to knock you over and start running away.  However, his fate is inevitable as as needles of ice soon litter his body. 

Bandit 4 has died!

[abbr]
Execute Bandit 3 with my staff.

The bandit is completely incapacitated, and offers no resistance as you bash in his head.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: You have no clue

Djork: He appears next the the Black Robed Mage and swings at him with his ax. || The blade barely hits the Mage in the arm | and leaves a nasty cut, although it is not very deep.

Enemy NPC's

Black Robed Apprentice: Mildly pissed off at you, and his spell.

Torn Up Kneecaps

Blacked Robed Mage: He ignores the pain of the ax, and starts casting a spell, immense pools of electricity scattering around him.  | A gigantic bolt of lightning blasts out from his hands, lighting up the whole room. (non homing spell).

Mild Cut on the Left Arm

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Spoiler: Equipment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Known (click to show/hide)

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Spoiler: Perks (click to show/hide)

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  Slightly Mangled Right Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the household of Janus Dovian.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 12:34:51 pm »

As we continue on the journey, practice casting minor water animus.

(Also, for mind, and elementus, how would I raise those?)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2012, 01:57:37 pm »

Generaly, you'll go up in skill after 1, you do something awesome or 2, you completely master a spell and the spells magic, then sucessful casts will start leveling up the metamagic.  After the metamagic is mastered, you'll start mastering the overall type.  For example, look at these rolls:

This guy has mastered the spell he casts.

1 Hurts himself

2 Fail

3 Casts, but with a -1 to something

4 Successful cast, +1 to the magic type.

5 Epic cast, +2 to the magic type and a possible bounus.

6 Overcast, +3 to the magic type, +1 to the meta, and some detriment.

7+ Ultracast, +4 to the magic type, +2 to the meta, some weird thing happens, like discovering a new magic.  On eight, it goes to +5, +2, then a +1 to the Type (Mind, Body, Realm).  It goes on in that fashion from there, but I think a 9 or a 10 on a roll is the highest possible.  On a 10 you would probably flood the world with that water rope spell, though.

Someone who has mastered the spell and spell type:

1 (probably impossible)

2 (very unlikely) Fail

3 Casts, but with a -1 to something

4 Success, +1 to the Meta.

5 Epic Success, +2 to the Meta.

6 Overcast, +3 to the Meta, +1 to the Type.

7+ goes up in the above fashion

If there is no metamagic for that spell, it'll just raise the Type in stead.

I think you guys can figure out what happens if you master the meta as well.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:37 pm »

I am supposed to be looking for this woman's husband, who is a virile specimen of Elvishness.  Anything inappropriate would be heavily frowned upon by my superiors, and would likely risk their standing, my employment, and my personal health if he found out.

Stay, and ask if there is anything I can do to help.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

Also, calling her a widow is a total spoiler.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »

Also, calling her a widow is a total spoiler.

He's listed as missing and dead, he's been gone for a while.

Of course, just because he's been listed as dead doesn't mean anything.  You'll have to find him yourself before you can come to any conclusions.  He may be alive.

Or he's dead, I don't know.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:06:03 pm by Baradine »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2012, 02:14:36 pm »

Or undead!

You have to consider all the states of life and death here.

Yeah I don't know either.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2012, 02:44:29 pm »

Check the pamphlet.
Meditate and try to pinpoint the mechanical noises and any magic that might be making them difficult to follow.
Walk north until I can feel the next house, just in case the infinite is a visual illusion.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »

Attempt to climb up the walls. They can't be that slippery or smooth, right?

Better idea!

Dive down to see what's at bottom. Check in center first, then around walls.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:41:54 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »

Complexo Ventus  {Weak Air Shift} towards the dark apprentice. Followed by {Lesser Air Sphere} against him or to redirect that lightning!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2012, 12:53:46 pm »

Put on some of that Leather Armor on under my robe, and continue.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Mage! The Magic RTD: Turn 13, Woohoo and Big Balls of Wind
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:32 am »

Turn 13

Kira does some major damage, while her partner summons up something big.

As we continue on the journey, practice casting minor water animus.

|  You continually practice your spell, and you feel you have gained proficiency in it.

+4 to minor water animus.

Put on some of that Leather Armor on under my robe, and continue.

You do such, and you follow Talius as he trekks on.

| You arrive at a fairly small village, and no matter where you look, you cannot find a teleport mage anywhere.  There is, however, another carriage.

Stay, and ask if there is anything I can do to help.

As I cannot describe such lewd scenes on this forum without being banned, I'll just go out on a limb and say Thrakor had a grand old time.  You awake the next morning under some white sheets, and you see the voluptuous form of Mrs. Dovian beside you.  | Whether you may count this as a testament to your own ability, or just bad luck, is up to you, as you did not get Mrs. Dovian drunk, and you find out nothing new about the situation.  However, you are refreshed, and in a very good mood.  (+1 to most rolls for the next four turns, with a 6-shield).

Check the pamphlet.
Meditate and try to pinpoint the mechanical noises and any magic that might be making them difficult to follow.
Walk north until I can feel the next house, just in case the infinite is a visual illusion.

You check the pamphlet, and next to the other entries, there is the new passage "Time does not pass in the Dreamworld".

| You cannot lull yourself into meditated, you actually do the opposite, and make yourself very agitated! (-1 to all noncombat rolls for the next 5 turns).

You walk to the next house, and you arrive at the house.  It is exactly the same as the one you just left.

Dive down to see what's at bottom. Check in center first, then around walls.

| You are able to dive down to the bottom of the pool, but you are completely unable to see anything.  However, you do find a type of switch by the wall of the pool.  Your air supply is running out (You have 1-2 turns to get out of the water, depending on what your actions are).

Complexo Ventus  {Weak Air Shift} towards the dark apprentice. Followed by {Lesser Air Sphere} against him or to redirect that lightning!

| You preform the spell, but you overshoot by far too much, and you ram into him, making him miscast the spell | which simply frazzles out.  | You are able to over come the shock of ramming into the apprentice, and cast you Lesser Air Sphere perfectly, and you try to drive it into his chest!  | You plow your spell into his right chest cavity, and you tear apart his lung!  He coughs up blood on your face.

Black Robed Apprentice:  He has a blade hidden in his sleeve!  He swings at you | and drives the blade straight into your left shoulder!  (-1 to actions with the left arm)

+2 to Complexo Ventus and Lesser Air Sphere.

Friendly/Neutral NPC's

Dorian: You have no clue

Djork: | He casts a perfect wind shield, and the Black Robed Mage's spell is completely nullified.  | He transforms his shield of wind into a Gigantic Wind Monstrosity! | It instantly goes to pummel the Black Mage.

Enemy NPC's

Black Robed Apprentice: In incredible pain.

Torn Up Kneecaps Ripped Apart Right Lung

Blacked Robed Mage: | | The Mage dodges the thing's blow perfectly, and counter attacks by summoning up and throwing another bolt of lightning, though this one is much smaller.  His other hand also propels some lightning into the sky, and clouds seem to gather in the room!

Mild Cut on the Left Arm

Characters

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

Female Yarian.  From the Enchantment College.  In the Mage's guild.  You really don't know where you are.

Ochita

Male Yarian.  From the Animus College.  In the Mage's guild.  Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.

Kira Talneris (Tiruin)

Female Elf.  From the College of the Battle Mage.  Whelp of the Fighters Guild.  In the heart of Tantalan, in the Fighters Guild.  Stabbed Left Shoulder

Spoiler: Spells Known (click to show/hide)

Zerus Halfmoon (IronyOwl)

Male Human.  Went to the Animus University.  Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild.  In a strange ruin located in Ggryymirr.

Zofus "Zerg" Berg (FuzzyZergling)

Male Human.  From the College Sursum Propinquus quod Alio.  In the Mage's Guild. Somewhere on the edge of the Valtrian Border to Tael.  Slightly Mangled Right Hand

Thrakor (Toaster)

Male Elf.  From the Animus University. Bus Boy of the Archaeological Guild. Right in the heart of Tantalan, in the household of Janus Dovian.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2012, 01:48:53 am »

Flip switch, surface for air. If nothing seems to be happening, swim back down to search for switch-related changes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2012, 02:01:02 am »

((Under Djork, 6+2 =5? Also, hurrah for my staff! I'm expecting some lethal rolls when I do slip up. Also, yay to pelvic bone durability!))

Kira stared down into the dying man's eyes. They were deep and as dark as a pit, but she thought she saw a plea for mercy in them. No matter, she had to at least disable him and remove that blade stuck jammed in her shoulder. The surroundings gave an ominous feel, like a storm was brewing due to the casting of Air and Lightning spells. This had to be finished fast.

Smite ye Apprentice using my Ebony Blade! Which I obviously know is being wielded in my left hand!

Also, remove blade from shoulder. Drive that into the Apprentice's shoulder, if possible.

"Surrender or die, you apostate filth!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13