Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002193 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2012, 08:01:27 pm »

I want to make both a spray of freezing gas/liquid and the ability to shoot ice spikes, but I still don't really get how interactions work.  Could someone either a) put up abilities that would do these or b) explain in great detail what I would need to do to make them?  I know that I'd probably have to make my own new materials, especially for the spray.  If it had a boiling point well below freezing, then shooting it as a liquid would make it really cold, and as a solid even colder.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:38 pm »

Unfortunately the shape change can't be incorporated into the resurrection but I've made it to where you can fully heal only after you resurrect someone.
It can't?  How would everything ELSE work but not that?  Seems a little...  odd.
After you pick the corpse it isn't raised and can't be changed into something else. Once it's raised the interaction is over. After the interaction is over you need to start another one to get anything done.

Thanks, your idea works very well!

I discovered in arena mode that the AI tries to use the ability badly, so this power should only be given to the player character (not an entire species!). The AI uses the first ability automatically on all corpses, and the second ability randomly on anyone. Endless neglect of the repeatedly dead and random living crows often result.

I want to make both a spray of freezing gas/liquid and the ability to shoot ice spikes, but I still don't really get how interactions work.  Could someone either a) put up abilities that would do these or b) explain in great detail what I would need to do to make them?  I know that I'd probably have to make my own new materials, especially for the spray.  If it had a boiling point well below freezing, then shooting it as a liquid would make it really cold, and as a solid even colder.

Cribbed from the Magma Crabs:
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit molten rock]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BASALT:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:spit a glob of molten rock:spits a glob of molten rock:NA]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
You can probably just change the material and wording around to get what you want for the spikes, but they won't be sharp.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2012, 09:20:11 pm »

I'm having quite a few problems getting this interaction to work. It's supposed to make the creature spontaneously start vomiting blood, coughing blood, and bleeding... with some extreme pain added to the mix. I try it in the arena and it appears to do absolutely nothing...

Am I doing anything wrong?

Interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Creature:
The unbracketed token in the interaction was for testing when it was a material emission that I seemingly never changed...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2012, 09:31:50 pm »

I'm having quite a few problems getting this interaction to work. It's supposed to make the creature spontaneously start vomiting blood, coughing blood, and bleeding... with some extreme pain added to the mix. I try it in the arena and it appears to do absolutely nothing...

Interaction:
Creature:
The unbracketed token in the interaction was for testing when it was a material emission that I seemingly never changed...
Try:
      [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BALE_TOUCH]---Not a part of Syndrome so START/END
         [CDI:ADV_NAME:Use baleful touch]
         [CDI:INTERACTION:BALE_TOUCH]
         [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
         [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
         [CDI:VERB:focus baleful energy:focuses baleful energies:NA]
         [CDI:TARGET_VERB:are engulfed by baleful energies:is engulfed by baleful energy]
         [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:75]
You should also probably move the
:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY:MUSCULAR_ONLY
before the START tag.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2012, 09:53:44 pm »

Cribbed from the Magma Crabs:
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit molten rock]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:BASALT:LIQUID_GLOB]
[CDI:VERB:spit a glob of molten rock:spits a glob of molten rock:NA]
You can probably just change the material and wording around to get what you want for the spikes, but they won't be sharp.

So this:
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Shoot icy ball]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:CRYO:LIQUID_GLOB] -- where CRYO is a custom material with a really low freezing point
[CDI:VERB:spit a glob of ice:spits a glob of ice:NA]
should work?  I'll get right to testing.

What about a spray of ice (probably more like liquid nitrogen)?  Is that possible?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:01:56 pm by Gizogin »
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2012, 10:03:25 pm »

Interaction:
Creature:
Try:
      [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BALE_TOUCH]---Not a part of Syndrome so START/END
         [CDI:ADV_NAME:Use baleful touch]
         [CDI:INTERACTION:BALE_TOUCH]
         [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
         [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
         [CDI:VERB:focus baleful energy:focuses baleful energies:NA]
         [CDI:TARGET_VERB:are engulfed by baleful energies:is engulfed by baleful energy]
         [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:75]
You should also probably move the
:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:VASCULAR_ONLY:MUSCULAR_ONLY
before the START tag.

I made the changes... strangely when a wound is created the victim seems to have a small blood explosion. I'll take that. Yet I don't see any bloody vomit, coughing, or really any vomit at all. Are those tags deprecated?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2012, 10:06:50 pm »

I made the changes... strangely when a wound is created the victim seems to have a small blood explosion. I'll take that. Yet I don't see any bloody vomit, coughing, or really any vomit at all. Are those tags deprecated?
Those things happen over a period of time, the symptoms probably end before they really take effect (END:2/5).
Edit: Misspoke.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2012, 10:09:45 pm »

Okay, so
[CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:CRYO:LIQUID_GLOB] -- where CRYO is a custom material with a really low freezing point

sorta works.  It launches a ball of ice, but does so like shooting an arrow, where it leaves the broken arrow tile on the ground.  It also doesn't really have the cold effect I want.  I'm going to try a slightly different tack.  Does anyone know the interaction for a cloud of vapor or dust, such as that which a titan/FB/demon might have?
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

BlueAnchorite

• Bay Watcher
  • Cacame! Cacame! Cacame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2012, 10:35:50 pm »

Been wanting to try modding DF for a while, and now that the new release is here with the new powers, decided to jump in :P
So, question time,
Has anyone played around with new books, such as replacing things like [IS_SPHERE:DEATH], or [IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]?
And also adding new powers that can be gained by reading?
These are my main questions, however, is it possible to add new skills in adventure mode to base off what can be used for powers (ie something like mana as an example, just as a limiting quantity)
Hope that all makes sense, as this is new to me.
it's better than the avatar I made for you   
Very true. This one does not make Jesus cry.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2012, 12:09:58 am »

Since the 0.31 thread is almost dead, I'll post this here:

I want to remove all the stones in the game and make a generic type. What reaction should I make so that I don't lose any items? The reaction will be free and be given to other civs so I'm limited to trade them instead of making them.

I already have a list: metals, gypsum powder and gems. Am I missing anything else?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2012, 01:20:46 am »

Okay, so

sorta works.  It launches a ball of ice, but does so like shooting an arrow, where it leaves the broken arrow tile on the ground.  It also doesn't really have the cold effect I want.  I'm going to try a slightly different tack.  Does anyone know the interaction for a cloud of vapor or dust, such as that which a titan/FB/demon might have?
Well, I see your problem.
You're shooting a LIQUID glob, which won't be...  cold in the first place.
You could just use WATER:SOLID_GLOB, which shoots a solid ball of ice, but still doesn't do a whole lot.
As far as syntax goes, that STATE tag is pretty much identical to the 0.31 breath attacks' state tag, with the addition of WEB_SPRAY for, well, webs.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2012, 01:40:24 am »

Hey. I don't know if this is the right thread, but anyway..
Is there any mod that disables the "auto civ regen"? I keep killing humans and stuff and they just keep respawning, preventing me from wiping off any city.

Any ideas/mods on how to disable this?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2012, 05:29:09 am »

Will polymorphing actually restore lost limbs?

If so, what will happen if you hold your lopped-off limb until the polymorph spell wears off?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2012, 06:56:37 am »

Will polymorphing actually restore lost limbs?

If so, what will happen if you hold your lopped-off limb until the polymorph spell wears off?
It will and you'll probably be carrying around your lopped off limb, while you have them all... ???

Hey. I don't know if this is the right thread, but anyway..
Is there any mod that disables the "auto civ regen"? I keep killing humans and stuff and they just keep respawning, preventing me from wiping off any city.

Any ideas/mods on how to disable this?
There isn't a mod, and I think they'll stop respawning once you kill all of them. A lot of people live in those cities, and I think they stop respawning once you hit that number. Could be wrong though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:59:05 am by ArKFallen »
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2012, 07:15:27 am »

DANGER! noob question incoming.

How do i make bronze colossi a playable race in adventure mode?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 544