Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999493 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:07 pm »

How do I get a reaction to use silk from a specific creature?

Alright, newb question time.

You can make different castes of the same creature use different tiles, right? Because I can't figure it out for the life of me- my critters have different Castes, Caste Names, and Regular Names, and different tiles/colors, but it will only use the last one entered for all of them, and I haven't the foggiest idea why. I have confirmed their abilities/body parts are unique like they're supposed to be, the descriptions are right, and selecting them from the Arena menu they have the right name (although it is tucked next to the others for whatever reason.) It is only when they hit the Arena that they all have the same name and tile as the last caste in the creature definition.

Not possible.

See tree's post
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:32:50 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2012, 05:14:22 pm »

i haven't modded much yet but i'm wondering if it's possible to make a reaction that creates a corpse, say a cow corpse, in a workshop? ~haunting moo~
if so could you bring the corpse to life? i read earlier in this topic that someone had such a spell to raise the fallen
even if u made a skeleton and raised it could u then use a reaction to make it into something else? like a cow?

btw is it possible to make a caterpillar>cocoon>moth>lay eggs>caterpillar>etc through interactions?
maybe a interaction that requires an amount of kills?

Timed interaction/syndrome that when the creature is born is turned into the lowest form then after a set amount of time the next level so on and so forth until it reaches final form.

How do I get a reaction to use silk from a specific creature?

[REAGENT:A:15000:CLOTH/THREAD:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:(creature):SILK] - note if the "SILK" is not the thread material in the critter just change it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2012, 05:18:03 pm »

Question: I heard several times that the new version should make "boiling-stone" tricks obsolete, since you can apply a syndrome directly. Is this true, and if yes, how ?

I want a dwarf to use a reaction, and automatically apply a syndrome to him.

Unrelated: I could make alcohol with positive syndromes, and whenever a dwarf drinks it he is affected, right ? I was thinking about adding the positive syndromes from deons witchfraft mod, with a longer runtime, to plants that can be brewed in fortress mode.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »

You can make different castes of the same creature use different tiles, right? Because I can't figure it out for the life of me- my critters have different Castes, Caste Names, and Regular Names, and different tiles/colors, but it will only use the last one entered for all of them, and I haven't the foggiest idea why. I have confirmed their abilities/body parts are unique like they're supposed to be, the descriptions are right, and selecting them from the Arena menu they have the right name (although it is tucked next to the others for whatever reason.) It is only when they hit the Arena that they all have the same name and tile as the last caste in the creature definition.

Use CASTE_TILE and CASTE_COLOR. NAME is a creature-level token.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2012, 05:34:18 pm »

Use CASTE_TILE and CASTE_COLOR. NAME is a creature-level token.

Thank you! Very helpful. Am I correct that the creature as a whole still needs a NAME? If I don't have one at the start, they are named Nothing1, Nothing2, etc. I'd like the combat reports to refer to them by the caste name if possible, instead of a generic (I plan on having Loads and Loads of castes in this mod.)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2012, 05:41:32 pm »

Question: I heard several times that the new version should make "boiling-stone" tricks obsolete, since you can apply a syndrome directly. Is this true, and if yes, how ?
Through interactions.  Which reactions cannot perform.
I want a dwarf to use a reaction, and automatically apply a syndrome to him.
Still requires boiling stones.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2012, 05:43:30 pm »

Am I correct that the creature as a whole still needs a NAME? If I don't have one at the start, they are named Nothing1, Nothing2, etc. I'd like the combat reports to refer to them by the caste name if possible, instead of a generic (I plan on having Loads and Loads of castes in this mod.)

Yeah, creature names are still used for certain things. I don't think you can make combat reports use the caste name, though.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2012, 05:48:50 pm »

Thanks to the masterwork tech pony then. I will dive into interactions, and abandon reactions for now. Quick and helpful answer. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:10 pm »

Ok, I add to the questions in this thread. I want to make a reaction that turns intelligent dwarves into mindless golems.

Here we go:
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:golem]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_CLASS:WERECURSE]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:999999999]
            [CE:CREATURE:GOLEM:MALE]

I would add the syndrome to a boiling stone produced in a reaction (any better ideas ?) that also requires a lot of metal and some custom reagents. I would make several ones for different metal types. Is the tranformation unlimited ? This would be the goal. (again, any better ideas then 999999999 ?)
How does the creature react, is it a tame pet ?  hostile/friendly ? so many questions, so little time ;)

The creature is tame by default.  If you want it to go crazy and attack its creators, use [CE_ADD_TAG] and give it CRAZED or OPPOSED_TO_LIFE or something.  Remove the END token completely to make it permanent.

Here's an example of one that I've tested pretty thoroughly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I used a caste of dwarves with POP_RATIO:0, which has the interactions as a natural ability.  Transforming into other sentient races doesn't seem to work properly in fortress mode (they are flagged as "tame," even though they appear on the citizens screen, and the game crashes if you try to view their details).

Source: ~24 hours of screwing around.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:13:15 pm by narhiril »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »

This has probably been answered before. But How do I give a creature the ability to innately raise the dead? I tried to copy what was in the interaction file, but it didn't work
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2012, 06:23:44 pm »

@ narhiril: Nice one. But people would need to see the actual caste, to know what the emberlight warrior can do ;)

@kilroy: sry, cant help with that, but check deons witchcraft mod. I am sure I saw it in the raws.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »

This has probably been answered before. But How do I give a creature the ability to innately raise the dead? I tried to copy what was in the interaction file, but it didn't work
Code: (interaction file) [Select]
[INTERACTION:RAISE_CORPSE]
[I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
[IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
[IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
[IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
[I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:Animated corpse]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKESFIGHTING:MISCHIEVIOUS:START:0]
Code: (in creature) [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:RAISE_CORPSE]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Animate corpse]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[CDI:VERB:gesture:gestures:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
The Witcher probably has the same thing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:43:00 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2012, 06:42:34 pm »

@ narhiril: Nice one. But people would need to see the actual caste, to know what the emberlight warrior can do ;)

@kilroy: sry, cant help with that, but check deons witchcraft mod. I am sure I saw it in the raws.

[CASTE:EMBERLIGHT_WARRIOR_MALE]
      [MALE]
      [CASTE_NAME:dwarven emberlight warrior:dwarven emberlight warriors:dwarven]
      [DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.  He has been baptized in Zalkor's flames.]
      [FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]
      [POP_RATIO:0] does not occur naturally, must be transformed into
      [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]
         [NATURAL_SKILL:COOK:8]
      [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
         [CDI:ADV_NAME:Hurl fireball]
         [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
         [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
         [CDI:FLOW:FIREBALL]
         [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
         [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
         [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
         [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:3000]
      [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
         [CDI:ADV_NAME:Zalkor's flames]
         [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
         [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
         [CDI:FLOW:FIREJET]
         [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
         [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
         [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
         [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:300]
   [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
   [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:BLACK:1]
         [TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
      [SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
         [TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:IRIS_EYE_RED:1]
         [TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
      [IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:55000]
      [IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:57000]
      [SPEC_HEAT:30000]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:BLOOD]
    [PLUS_MATERIAL:PUS]
      [MELTING_POINT:10000]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2012, 06:49:47 pm »

Wow, heavy friendly fire from that one ;)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2012, 06:51:25 pm »

Wow, heavy friendly fire from that one ;)

Zalkor doesn't make many friends, and neither shall his disciples.  More of a "blow it up and ask questions later" unit.  ;)

Also, NATURAL_SKILL:COOK seemed appropriate.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:53:10 pm by narhiril »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 544