Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002527 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #660 on: February 27, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »

Allow me to help?

inside the plant arrange your HAS_MATERIAL_PRODUCTS like this:
   [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT:PLANT_MAT:BLOOD_FUNGUS_STAGE2:STRUCTURAL]
      [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] -- changed this for nicity

Now your seeds shall work in your reaction? Somehow placing MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT anywhere else "other" then right under [BASIC_MAT...] seems to make it be ignored :/

Just thought I'd mention that the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT tag works wherever I put it in the plant, but the MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED doesnt, no matter where I put it in the plant token.

I dont think I even need the second MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT as SEED is already defined in the plant. That was just a hacky idea to make it work. Of course trying without it doesnt work either. Its worth noting that the plant produces seeds normally when Threshing in the farmers workshop

*cough* ahem *Hugo looks around* I have made an error in this case

[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
Damn they are the same it must be this:
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]

Derrr I should have noticed that instantly. Then again I think when I was looking at it, it was 1am where I was (think it was 1am O.O)

So I've been using a reaction to permanently transform a regular dwarf into a new caste of dwarf...  The thing works perfectly, except for one little thing.  When I try to view the thoughts and preferences of a transformed dwarf, the game crashes.

I'm just wondering, is anyone else having this issue?  I want to know if this is a DF issue or a mod issue.  Errorlog is blank.
Common issue, I'm not %100 sure if its a clash of descriptors (one caste has a beard and the other lacks it) or the lack of a DECRIPTION tag within the castes. Someone will correct me on this I know.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 27, 2012, 05:46:37 pm »

Derrr I should have noticed that instantly. Then again I think when I was looking at it, it was 1am where I was (think it was 1am O.O)

The word you use there actually doesn't matter as long as its not the same as any other declared material. SEED for this plant is already defined. We shouldnt even need a second material reaction product as the reaction is just calling the SEED material (defined sometime ago i imagine) from the PLANT.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 27, 2012, 05:50:35 pm »

The word you use there actually doesn't matter as long as its not the same as any other declared material. SEED for this plant is already defined. We shouldnt even need a second material reaction product as the reaction is just calling the SEED material (defined sometime ago i imagine) from the PLANT.
Well then I shall leave these items here then:
Spoiler: Plant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Reaction (click to show/hide)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 27, 2012, 06:02:17 pm »

just solved it then with this. My problem was that when redirecting a MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT to an internal material you have to use LOCAL_PLANT_MAT.. DUH ME! Thanks for your help hugo

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:PREPARE_PLANTS]
[NAME:prepare harvest]
[BUILDING:CULTIVATORIUM:NONE]
[REAGENT:produce:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE][HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:produce:PLANT_PREP_SEED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:PLANT:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:produce:PLANT_PREP_MAT]
[SKILL:PROCESSPLANTS]
[AUTOMATIC]

[PLANT:BLOOD_FUNGUS]
[NAME:blood fungus][NAME_PLURAL:blood fungi][ADJ:blood fungus]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_SEED:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PLANT_PREP_MAT:PLANT_MAT:BLOOD_FUNGUS_STAGE2:STRUCTURAL]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]

Edit: Just saw your post there. Thanks

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »

So I've been using a reaction to permanently transform a regular dwarf into a new caste of dwarf...  The thing works perfectly, except for one little thing.  When I try to view the thoughts and preferences of a transformed dwarf, the game crashes.

I'm just wondering, is anyone else having this issue?  I want to know if this is a DF issue or a mod issue.  Errorlog is blank.

I've had the same issue with transformations, as have several other people.  According to this thread, using caste-level description tags will fix it, although I haven't tested it myself.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 27, 2012, 08:08:23 pm »

What is the BUILDING tag for a mason's workshop?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:08 pm »

This is all what we can touch

KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: February 27, 2012, 08:20:13 pm »

There is none.

NineFourEightSeven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 27, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »

Wait, so I can't make a reaction for the stonemason's shop that makes stone beds? I have to make a new workshop?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 27, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »

Wait, so I can't make a reaction for the stonemason's shop that makes stone beds? I have to make a new workshop?

Or you could put it into the craftsman's workshop.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:43 pm »

I have a question: My custom reaction that takes 1 plant and 1 stone tablet (custom item) as reagents does not work as intended. The dwarves take a stack of 5 plants (or up to 5) and uses them all in one reaction. What am I doing wrong here?
So far custom reactions don't respect stack sizes (so a Plump Helmet and a Plump Helmet [5] are the same to the reaction) if you want to get stack sizes to work you need a workaround. And to do that you need something to have

The following reaction DOES respect the stack size when creating milled flour and seeds in a bag:

[REACTION:MILL_GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE]
[NAME:mill cave wheat to flour]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_C]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE:STRUCTURAL]
[REAGENT:B:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][BAG][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE:MILL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:B]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:GRASS_WHEAT_CAVE:SEED]
[SKILL:MILLING]

Source: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96679.0

You need to put [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT] on the bag (or in your case, the tablet).

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 27, 2012, 10:19:40 pm »

Can I make Dwarves bleed alcohol?

I imagine they drink so much of it that their blood is basically diluted alcohol.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 28, 2012, 01:42:58 am »

Can I make Dwarves bleed alcohol?

I imagine they drink so much of it that their blood is basically diluted alcohol.

Simply go to the [CREATURE:DWARF] entry in creature_standard.txt and make this change:

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:CREATURE_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]

If you want it to actually be named like blood and so on, other changes are required.

I take no responsibility for the consequences of this change, especially with regards to the favorite drinks of your dwarves.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:05 am »

Few questions which I didn't find answer anywhere.

I have a creature made for my mod, called vargouille. Bellow is the creature raw
Spoiler: Vargouille (click to show/hide)

First question:
I have tested the creature in arena, and the syndrome works. The problem is, when I try to view the z-screen of the new vargouille (a dwarf that was transformed dye the syndrome), the game crashes. No errors in the log, it just crashes. So far I haven't been able to determine the reason, when viewing the z-screen of normal vargouille everything works fine.

Second question:
Is it possible edit the probability of the transformation? Right now each bite that spreads the syndrome automatically transforms the victim.

EDIT:
Third question:
It seems that the dwarf which was turned to vargouille dies almost immediately after being turned, even if the wounds the dwarf had just before the transformation shouldn't cause death. I think this problem relates to the fact that Vargouille is basically a flying head but I haven't been able to determine the problem yet.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:30:45 am by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2012, 06:51:50 am »

I've had the same issue with transformations, as have several other people.  According to this thread, using caste-level description tags will fix it, although I haven't tested it myself.
Didn't work for me so I ripped off all the TL_COLOR_MODIFIERs. I don't experience those crashes anymore 8)
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 544