Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002448 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #675 on: February 28, 2012, 12:31:11 pm »

Second question:
Is it possible edit the probability of the transformation? Right now each bite that spreads the syndrome automatically transforms the victim.
Try something like this: [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:##:START:600] where ## is chance of transformation.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #676 on: February 28, 2012, 01:18:57 pm »

What happens if I remove ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT  from dorfs ? Will I not need to brew alcohol anymore and let them live off river water/ponds ?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 28, 2012, 01:44:36 pm »

Will I not need to brew alcohol anymore and let them live off river water/ponds ?
Yes.

It seems that the dwarf which was turned to vargouille dies almost immediately after being turned, even if the wounds the dwarf had just before the transformation shouldn't cause death. I think this problem relates to the fact that Vargouille is basically a flying head but I haven't been able to determine the problem yet.
Are you sure it's after turning? I've tried your beasts and dorfs suffocated when paralysis kicked in. I've also tried octopus transformations which have even simpler anatomy an there weren't any deaths beside airdrowning.

Also, bump to my question:
My custom interactions like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this
or similar one with transformation effect are performed on any amount of targets no matter the distance or line of sight. Can someone post an example where the range of such interaction is limited or they're broken?
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:31 pm »

Second question:
Is it possible edit the probability of the transformation? Right now each bite that spreads the syndrome automatically transforms the victim.
Try something like this: [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:##:START:600] where ## is chance of transformation.

Silly me, why I didn't think of that?  ::)

It seems that the dwarf which was turned to vargouille dies almost immediately after being turned, even if the wounds the dwarf had just before the transformation shouldn't cause death. I think this problem relates to the fact that Vargouille is basically a flying head but I haven't been able to determine the problem yet.
Are you sure it's after turning? I've tried your beasts and dorfs suffocated when paralysis kicked in. I've also tried octopus transformations which have even simpler anatomy an there weren't any deaths beside airdrowning.

Yeah, apparently the paralyze caused most of the deaths. Now it works fine...

So, the only thing which remains is the strange crashing when "v"iewing the turned vargouille and pressing 'z'. Haven't tested this in new DF yet though.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 28, 2012, 03:18:50 pm »

Also, bump to my question:
My custom interactions like this:
this
or similar one with transformation effect are performed on any amount of targets no matter the distance or line of sight. Can someone post an example where the range of such interaction is limited or they're broken?

I don't think I understand your question.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #680 on: February 28, 2012, 03:19:53 pm »

As far as I can tell with my limited testing, range is generally broken.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 28, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »

I don't think I understand your question.
In the spoilers are parts of raw which define interactions used by creatures, but, no matter what I try to limit the range of interactions they use it all over the map. I was wondering if anyone succeed in making them work correctly.

As far as I can tell with my limited testing, range is generally broken.
It's not generally broken as material emission interactions respect it, but, alas, for anything else this seems to be the case.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 28, 2012, 03:57:24 pm »

"You sting the Giant Cave Spider in the abdomen, tearing the fat, bruising the muscle and bruising the guts!"
"Weedle n/a splatters over the abdomen!"

Well that ain't right. Further investigation of the "Weedle n/a" reveals it to be... Weedle eggshell covering? Something is borked here, and I'm not sure what. The poison also fails to inject, so that needs fiddling too.

Spoiler: Weedle (click to show/hide)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #683 on: February 28, 2012, 04:00:21 pm »

The sting attack is injecting POISON when your material is defined as VENOM. Hence it's going for the first material in the list, eggshell.
Also known as Zuhayr.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 28, 2012, 04:05:18 pm »

The sting attack is injecting POISON when your material is defined as VENOM. Hence it's going for the first material in the list, eggshell.

Yes! Thank you!

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 28, 2012, 04:07:23 pm »

Ack, my bad, I'd forgotten that bug. I think I have a solution though. The poison "extract" material template is labeled as VENOM, while the attacks inject the local creature mat POISON. Changing VENOM to POISON should fix it up.

Fake Edit: ninja'd :P

lanp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 28, 2012, 04:11:11 pm »

Just a quick question. When making custom metals is there some limit to the values listed below? I know some things (like temperature) get kind of weird if you go above certain values.

[SOLID_DENSITY]
[*_Fracture]
[*_YIELD]
[MAX_EDGE]

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 28, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »

my brother is wanting an animal that an help dwarfs haul stuff so how can i make this happen?
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:07 pm »

Hey there

How might I go about requiring a specific creature's heart for a reaction? Preferably without using a reaction class. I know I've done it with a spine before, but I can't remember how.

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:heart:1:NONE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:WOLF:HEART]does not work. Nor does
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:heart:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:WOLF:HEART]
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 28, 2012, 09:23:39 pm »

Just a quick question. When making custom metals is there some limit to the values listed below? I know some things (like temperature) get kind of weird if you go above certain values.

[SOLID_DENSITY]
[*_Fracture]
[*_YIELD]
[MAX_EDGE]

[SOLID_DENSITY:200000]
[IMPACT_YIELD:4000000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:5000000]
[MAX_EDGE:100000]

We know that material properties will work at least to those limits.

Some numbers are stored in the game as various sizes of integer. Temperatures are likely unsigned short integers. I wouldn't make those material properties higher than 2,147,483,646.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 544