Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999495 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #750 on: March 01, 2012, 06:29:08 pm »

[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:GRASS_ENERGY:100:1] gives 100:1 weakness to my custom energy material. [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:100:1] would do the same for iron.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:10 pm »

Then how the hell does:
Quote from: interaction_standard.txt
[INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:MATERIAL]
      [IT_MATERIAL:CONTEXT_MATERIAL]
   [I_TARGET:B:LOCATION]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION] <-- this is always the emitter for now
   [I_TARGET:C:LOCATION]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_LOCATION]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
   [I_EFFECT:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_TARGET:B]
      [IE_TARGET:C]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]

Quote from: creature_subterranean.txt : IMP_FIRE
   [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Hurl fireball]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
      [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HAND]
      [CDI:FLOW:FIREBALL]
      [CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
      [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
      [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:30]
I only really see TARGET:C being used am I failing to see what uses TARGET:A and TARGET:B?

do the two mentioned TARGETs aim at stuff within the creature?

Target A is the material to be emitted, defined by the CDI
Target B is the source square, defined by context_location
Target C is the target square, defined by manual input

The above CDI uses a flow where it would usually define the material.
There's no target_self in the CDI so it works. 

Yeah, it must be something with material emissions.  Remember, Toady made material emissions first, and then updated them to fit in the newer interactions-system, so they might be quirky.  Well, it's all quirky, but they might be extra quirky.

Has anyone figured out how the [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2] tag works?  I know that the 1:2 part tells it to multiply the weapon force by 1/2, but I can't figure out how to make it use a specific material. [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:METAL:SILVER:10:1] still seems to affect all materials rather than just silver, whereas [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:METAL:SILVER:10:1] just gives me errors.  I'm assuming there's probably a token I have to use instead of MAT_MULT, but I can't figure out what it might be.
INORGANIC:SILVER

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 01, 2012, 06:50:40 pm »

[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:GRASS_ENERGY:100:1] gives 100:1 weakness to my custom energy material. [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:SILVER:100:1] would do the same for iron.

...or I guess silver >_>

Old Greg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was evitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 01, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »

Do any of you lovely individuals know much about head bumps, or the GREETING usage hint in general? Is it just a random thing that occasionally happens when a cat is next to a dorf?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 01, 2012, 06:53:13 pm »

Do any of you lovely individuals know much about head bumps, or the GREETING usage hint in general? Is it just a random thing that occasionally happens when a cat is next to a dorf?

Or another cat, I think. Pretty much whatever's friendly.

I figure it could create some very interesting interactions.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:29 pm »

The MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER tag is the one that goes in creature definitions, and I understand how that one works.  I'm specifically trying to get the CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER tag that syndromes use to work.  For some reason, the CE_ version uses a different syntax.  Thanks anyway, though.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 01, 2012, 07:00:31 pm »

Quote from: Old Greg on Today at 06:51:58 pm

Or another cat, I think. Pretty much whatever's friendly.

I figure it could create some very interesting interactions.
I modded in shaking hands and kissing with it, doesn't do much except give a message.  Doesn't even follow tradition as you can shake hands and still attack someone, and you can kiss enemies as well as friends, from a distance to boot.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 01, 2012, 07:23:10 pm »

...or I guess silver >_>

Whoops! Stupid typos, many an hour I've wasted on a problem only to discover they are the culprit...

The MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER tag is the one that goes in creature definitions, and I understand how that one works.  I'm specifically trying to get the CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER tag that syndromes use to work.  For some reason, the CE_ version uses a different syntax.  Thanks anyway, though.

My guess is replace METAL with INORGANIC. Which as it happens is what The Grackle said, somewhat difficult to see under the rest of his post.

Speaking of @THE_GRACKLE, that was my thought as well (B being the source square,) and I was hoping to figure out how to crib that function to make the secondary effect target the source square, maybe releasing a gas that the user can inhale to reap the benefits or something. Best I figure is that it is hardcoded. Oh well.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:07 pm »

Yeah, I already tried INORGANIC:SILVER as well. Unfortunately, it just spams the errorlog with

Code: [Select]
Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: INORGANIC
Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: SILVER
Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: 10
Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: 1

MAT_MULT:INORGANIC:SILVER results in all materials being affected, rather than just silver.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 01, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »

Yeah, I already tried INORGANIC:SILVER as well. Unfortunately, it just spams the errorlog with

Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: INORGANIC

MAT_MULT:INORGANIC:SILVER results in all materials being affected, rather than just silver.
I have problems with certain materials too, in order to get blood I had to use
[CDI:MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ELF:INDEX024:SPATTER_LIQUID] as Local Creature Material wouldn't work outside of a creature even if you had one selected.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 01, 2012, 09:59:06 pm »

@Rad, what happens if you replace MAT_MULT with SILVER and leave the NONE's as is?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:58 pm »

"You scratch Pokemon 1 in the upper arm, chipping the muscle and chipping the left lung!"
"The spinning Fire Energy strikes you in the left upper leg from behind, shattering the muscle!"

Well that ain't right. I have no idea what I did to bugger up my creatures, but suddenly they all seem to be made of brittle not-flesh. The error log is rather cryptic:
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_pokemon.txt"
Unrecognized Word Property Token: SKIN

I can't for the life of my figure out what I did. Any ideas?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:29 pm »

"You scratch Pokemon 1 in the upper arm, chipping the muscle and chipping the left lung!"
"The spinning Fire Energy strikes you in the left upper leg from behind, shattering the muscle!"

Well that ain't right. I have no idea what I did to bugger up my creatures, but suddenly they all seem to be made of brittle not-flesh. The error log is rather cryptic:
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_pokemon.txt"
Unrecognized Word Property Token: SKIN

I can't for the life of my figure out what I did. Any ideas?

*Remembers own failure with "left eyebrow's lung tissue burnt, spleen tissue missing"*

EDIT: Fk! typed my post within the quote
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:15:48 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 01, 2012, 11:12:49 pm »

@Rad, what happens if you replace MAT_MULT with SILVER and leave the NONE's as is?

That didn't work either, unfortunately.

This is what the errorlog spits at me, although I don't know how useful it'll be:
Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: NONE
Unrecognized CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER token: NONE

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 01, 2012, 11:50:49 pm »

I'm currently copying the castes back into the game one at a time to find the culprit. Still haven't hit my previous error, but I found a new one. The following creature appears to bleed "unknown frozen creature substance." I do not know why.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 544