Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002290 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #765 on: March 01, 2012, 11:53:49 pm »

I have a syndrome that only affects certain pets, but war/hunting trained version are unaffected. Guess it is the caste token, since: DOG:MALE and DOG:FEMALE are targeted. I only found the profession token for them, TRAINED_HUNTER and TRAINED_WAR.

Anyone has an idea how the reaction can also affect trained animals ? Giving them a class maybe and make the syndrome target only the class ? It should be transfered to the new, trained animals from all that I know.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 02, 2012, 12:10:35 am »

Aha! It's Squirtle, the blue bastard!

Add the following creature, and all my Pokemon (not just Squirtle) start having their muscles fracture and organs shatter. Take him back out, and flesh goes back to flesh. Error log is white as the driven snow. What gives? There isn't a limit on how many castes a creature can have, right?

Spoiler: Squirtle (click to show/hide)

Comes with a healthy dose of "unknown frozen creature substance" instead of blood, too.

EDIT: Playing with Charmander while Squirtle's entry is messing him up screws up the tail flame- normally, smacking the tail flame generates a "burst of flame," but now it generates a "burst of unknown boiling creature substance!" Today has not been a good day for solving my modding woes.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:22:39 am by monk12 »

Strabonic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 02, 2012, 12:27:20 am »

I'm trying to make a reaction to smelt glasssteel from steel bars and rough clear glass. Can someone correct this, if it has any mistakes?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:22 am »

I have problems with certain materials too, in order to get blood I had to use
[CDI:MATERIAL:CREATURE_MAT:ELF:INDEX024:SPATTER_LIQUID] as Local Creature Material wouldn't work outside of a creature even if you had one selected.

Same problem. Local_creature_mat works for CDI s in the creature's definition, but it didn't work in a syndrome's ce_can_do_interaction, presumably because it couldn't find what the local creature was. 

I was trying to get vamps to spit their own blood, b/c generic blood won't carry the curse.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 02, 2012, 12:42:33 am »

Aha! It's Squirtle, the blue bastard!

Add the following creature, and all my Pokemon (not just Squirtle) start having their muscles fracture and organs shatter. Take him back out, and flesh goes back to flesh. Error log is white as the driven snow. What gives? There isn't a limit on how many castes a creature can have, right?

I haven't really played with creatures enough to figure them out, but I know some things must be defined at the caste-level and some at the creature-level.  Maybe there's a mix up there.  Try making it it's own creature to see if it still messes up. If it doesn't, then it's a caste-related problem.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 02, 2012, 01:00:23 am »

IIRC, materials are now creature-defined instead of caste-defined. narhiril got mixed up with this; check LFR's raws to see how to work around that.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 02, 2012, 04:27:43 am »

Okay so I need to clear this up. FIREIMMUNE tag, after Toady fixed firebreathing stuff is set on fire again, right? Well I noticed something interesting with fire-immune creatures a while back. Breathe fire on 'em? They're allright, no matter how many times you do that.

They have clothes on or are on grass which is then set on fire? They end up bleeding to death.

Either there's something I'm not getting about being fire-immune and bleeding to death from standing on fire/having your clothes on fire, or there's an issue somewhere. I'm guessing the best solution on this is to put up heat damage to none. I assume that'd solve it, at least.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #772 on: March 02, 2012, 09:47:38 am »

From my experiments with playing a FIREIMMUNE race in adventure mode, FIREIMMUNE prevents you from catching on fire, but it doesn't prevent your fat from melting from the heat.  Being exposed to fire alone won't melt you, but if you are wearing clothing that can catch on fire, or metal armor that can heat up, your fat will start melting.  This will lead to bleeding to death if enough happens.  HEATDAM:NONE does not prevent this, either - it's not damage that's causing it, it's state-change from melting.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 02, 2012, 12:16:37 pm »

Perhaps you could define a new fat material with no melting point for those creatures? That should prevent you from melting to death.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 02, 2012, 12:30:31 pm »

[SELECT_MATERIAL:FAT]
   [MELTING_POINT:<some high number>]

Slap that toward the end of the creature definition. It's basically the same as how dragons do it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 02, 2012, 12:38:02 pm »

I have a syndrome that only affects certain pets, but war/hunting trained version are unaffected. Guess it is the caste token, since: DOG:MALE and DOG:FEMALE are targeted. I only found the profession token for them, TRAINED_HUNTER and TRAINED_WAR.

Anyone has an idea how the reaction can also affect trained animals ? Giving them a class maybe and make the syndrome target only the class ? It should be transfered to the new, trained animals from all that I know.

This should work just fine.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 02, 2012, 01:04:34 pm »

Quote from: Toady from 11.11.2011
I should be starting the cult work tonight (that is, cleaning a few issues and then making them matter in adv mode). There was an aside where I decided to make the vampire teeth lengthen when they are feeding, which I hadn't settled up to this point. After having their hair fall out by accident and having their faces morph around a bit, I got it working. The appearance/size modifier effects for interactions/syndromes are reasonably general, and there are a few conditions that syndromes can check now (such as drinking blood)
This should be it:
[CE_BP_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:START:0:BP:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH:APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:150]
[CE:COUNTER_TRIGGER:DRINKING_BLOOD:1:NONE:REQUIRED]
Anyone knows what triggers it accepts and what '1:NONE:REQUIRED' means?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 02, 2012, 02:02:59 pm »

From my experiments with playing a FIREIMMUNE race in adventure mode, FIREIMMUNE prevents you from catching on fire, but it doesn't prevent your fat from melting from the heat.  Being exposed to fire alone won't melt you, but if you are wearing clothing that can catch on fire, or metal armor that can heat up, your fat will start melting.  This will lead to bleeding to death if enough happens.  HEATDAM:NONE does not prevent this, either - it's not damage that's causing it, it's state-change from melting.

Oh snap.

[SELECT_MATERIAL:FAT]
   [MELTING_POINT:<some high number>]

Slap that toward the end of the creature definition. It's basically the same as how dragons do it.

The more I know. Science shall be driven forward once again! And this time, not even !! can stop us!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 03, 2012, 05:23:15 am »

What exactly makes a species fertile?
Will this do:
Code: [Select]
[CHILD:1:4]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[MAXAGE:6:18]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[MAXAGE:6:42]

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:00 am »

[CHILD] makes a species fertile, assuming there's a male and a female member in a race. [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] makes twin or triplet or so births a rare occurrence. Also, I think [CHILD] works like this:

[CHILD:x]
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 544