Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002536 times)

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #915 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:49 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature transform at will? Not just full moon.
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 09, 2012, 05:17:01 pm »

Is there a way to make a creature transform at will? Not just full moon.

Absolutely! I have a sample interaction that does just that.  It's based off of a randomly-generated werepanther.

Here's the download.  Feel free to play around with the raws.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 09, 2012, 05:35:52 pm »

Can you add an attack with a syndrome?
My quest for a proper zombie virus hinges on adding a [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] to an affected creature.
Yes, you CAN add attacks with syndromes. How do you think animals inject their venom?

I should be more specific, my zombie curse is modeled off the vampire/necro curse so no [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION], I don't want my zombies healing, and i don't want a generic zombie body for all the zombies.

I don't want a contact based contaminant for spreading to avoid husk-like issues, so the ideal method would be to spread it like a werecurse with [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE].

lets take a dwarf for an example, here is the dwarfs bite attack.
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]

for the syndrome to work I'd need the curse to either add [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] to that attack(and preferably change [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND] to [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]) or just have it add in a new bite attack.

That is what I'm trying to figure out.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100969.0

There was whole topic on this exact subject.
Brilliant! that's what I was looking for hehe, don't know how I missed that mod. I have a hierarchical were/vamp/zombie mod in the works and this was the missing piece.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #918 on: March 09, 2012, 06:34:46 pm »

If you need more help on that my mod has zombies that turn people by biting them into zombies.

Repeat:
#1. Did anyone got this: [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BODY_TOKEN][EBO_ITEM:ITEM_TOKEN:MATERIAL_TOKEN] to work, and if yes, how ?

#2. How can I sort the list of the pets at embark screen ? Just the order top to bottom they appear in the creature raws ? Or alphabetically, after creature ID, or after creature name ?

#3. When is a stone marked as economic and when a non-economic ? I have olivine as economic for example, it is maddening to set the stone stocks every time I embark.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #919 on: March 09, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »

#1. Did anyone got this: [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BODY_TOKEN][EBO_ITEM:ITEM_TOKEN:MATERIAL_TOKEN] to work, and if yes, how ?

Yes.  Just look at how it's done in the raws to see how it works.  For example,

Code: [Select]
[EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:GIZZARD]
[EBO_ITEM:SMALLGEM:NONE:ANY_HARD_STONE]
[EBO_SHAPE:GIZZARD_STONE]

causes every GIZZARD body part to drop a small gem made of any hard stone, with the gizzard stone shape.  The EBO_SHAPE line is probably only meaningful for small gems, but EBO_ITEM can take any item and material tokens.

#2. How can I sort the list of the pets at embark screen ? Just the order top to bottom they appear in the creature raws ? Or alphabetically, after creature ID, or after creature name ?

You probably need to reorder them in the raws to change the order they appear in the game.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 09, 2012, 07:31:51 pm »

#3. When is a stone marked as economic and when a non-economic ? I have olivine as economic for example, it is maddening to set the stone stocks every time I embark.

Any stone that is used in a reaction, is a metal ore, or has a high enough MAX_EDGE to make swords out of is automatically marked as economic. Flux stones are marked as economic because they're used in steel production, for example.

If you have a layer of the stone it will not be marked as economic, though.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 09, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »

Is there any way to mod it so sensory & motor nerve damage can heal?

tissue_template_default.txt

find the NERVE_TEMPLATE, and give it a healing rate. Lower numbers are faster- skin heals at 100 for comparison, but if you want nerve damage to be difficult to recover from (but non-debilitating) you can plug in a higher number.
That only works for NERVOUS tissue in the spines and whatever else uses NERVE, Sensory and Motor Nerves are 'severed' thus gone for good. S and M nerves are brought on by the [HAS_NERVES] tag and they show up in all tissues that have [MUSCUALR] only way to create your own type of motor nerves would me make a new tissue that gets placed under the muscle layer in the limbs. to do that you need to make a few slight changes to the ABS (advanced bone structure) that I created
Hm, a bit too complex for my tastes. Would removing HAS_NERVES make such injuries impossible, or would it have other bad side effects?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 09, 2012, 08:14:04 pm »

After messing around with the ABS modding, it occured to me that there is not lower spine/upper spine, but lower and upper spine, as parts of the the spine, and then upper spine that is the neck. After looking at a real spine chart and what it controls and so on, simply the neck controls the upper body and diaphragm, the upper spine controls torso muscles, and the lower spine controls the lower body as in legs. Therefore breaking the neck should indeed cause, Suffocation, and inability to use arms/legs etc. However breaking the "middle spine" should technically only cause the legs to stop working in game. It currently causes as much damage as the neck does.

Can I just delete the

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

part of the thing, and basically fix this issue and cause no issues?

EDIT: Also I don't understand the point of having both NECK and NECK_SPINE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:15:48 pm by Vherid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #923 on: March 09, 2012, 08:19:31 pm »

I would just remove the [NERVOUS] from the upper spine
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2012, 08:20:09 pm »

Oh yeah, duh.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 09, 2012, 09:03:09 pm »

EDIT: Also I don't understand the point of having both NECK and NECK_SPINE
The spinal cord runs through the lower head to the lower body. NECK is the spine in the lower head and NECK_SPINE is the spine in the neck.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 09, 2012, 09:13:08 pm »

Oh yeah, duh.

Well wait actually though, like then if it gets affected the legs don't die, which they should. I'd rather just remove it, so would that be fine?

Then we could change the name of Neck to neck, and then have the lower spine still be the lower spine
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:21:39 pm by Vherid »

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 09, 2012, 09:20:08 pm »

NECK_SPINE is used for non humanoid creatures.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:01 pm »

NECK_SPINE is useful if you use the HUMANOID_NECK basic body, which is actually better than what most/all humanoids in DF actually use.

If you check out what most (again, or all, I'm not sure) DF humanoids use... their heads are corrected directly to their upper bodies, with the neck dangling off the head.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 09, 2012, 09:35:56 pm »

Yea it through me off when i started with the brainstem project, Lowerspine is lowerspine, upperspine is middlespine, neck is upperspine. I assume its done to make the neck harder to hit.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 544