Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999521 times)

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #900 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52:31 am »

Is there any way for a creature with a secret to be a "healer" and search for wounded and use their powers on them?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 09, 2012, 09:54:30 am »

No searching for wounded, but Meph, Hugo and narhiril are all working on healers and trying to figure out how they can get the healers to only do their magic on injured dwarves.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 09, 2012, 01:12:57 pm »

I have a question. I'm making a species of half-dragon half-human people called dragos, and I want them to have an interaction to fly for a short period of time to escape from things. I have no idea how to make such interactions, though.

The best you could do is have them transform into another creature with wings and the flier tag- create a dummy entry for "winged dragos" with no population information, and then something like

Code: [Select]
[CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:120]
[CE:CREATURE:DRAGO_WINGED:DEFAULT]

to the relevant interaction. Fiddle with the duration until it gets someplace you like. The downside to this approach is that it will also heal the creature, which likely makes it inappropriate for a "run away" interaction.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 09, 2012, 01:16:58 pm »

Meh, I'll just wait until I can use CE_ADD_TAG:FLIER.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Yaotzin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 09, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »

Is there any way to mod it so sensory & motor nerve damage can heal?

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 09, 2012, 03:21:14 pm »

No but you can use CE TRANSFORMATION to temporarily transform a creature, which will heal all of its injuries. Just make the duration 1 and it'll take 1 time unit to heal.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 09, 2012, 03:24:38 pm »

Can you add an attack with a syndrome?
My quest for a proper zombie virus hinges on adding a [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] to an affected creature.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 09, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »

My quest for a proper zombie virus hinges on adding a [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] to an affected creature.
Yes, you CAN add attacks with syndromes. How do you think animals inject their venom?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 09, 2012, 03:36:34 pm »

tissue_template_default.txt

find the NERVE_TEMPLATE, and give it a healing rate. Lower numbers are faster- skin heals at 100 for comparison, but if you want nerve damage to be difficult to recover from (but non-debilitating) you can plug in a higher number.

Yes, you CAN add attacks with syndromes. How do you think animals inject their venom?

I think he was looking for something that didn't require an intermediary medium like venom to work, which I don't know how it would work. Maybe make a special material for zombie teeth that spread the syndrome on contact?

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 09, 2012, 03:52:07 pm »

I should be more specific, my zombie curse is modeled off the vampire/necro curse so no [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION], I don't want my zombies healing, and i don't want a generic zombie body for all the zombies.

I don't want a contact based contaminant for spreading to avoid husk-like issues, so the ideal method would be to spread it like a werecurse with [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE].

lets take a dwarf for an example, here is the dwarfs bite attack.
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]

for the syndrome to work I'd need the curse to either add [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] to that attack(and preferably change [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND] to [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]) or just have it add in a new bite attack.

That is what I'm trying to figure out.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 09, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I am basically clueless to modding and would like to know how to make an adamantine sword appear(and possibly disappear) at will in adventurer mode. How do I do this?
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #911 on: March 09, 2012, 04:46:37 pm »

Adamantine sword in adventure mode:
[REACTION:ADAMANTINE_SWORD]
[NAME:free candy sword]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]

3 QUESTIONS:

#1. Did anyone got this: [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BODY_TOKEN][EBO_ITEM:ITEM_TOKEN:MATERIAL_TOKEN] to work, and if yes, how ?

#2. How can I sort the list of the pets at embark screen ? Just the order top to bottom they appear in the creature raws ? Or alphabetically, after creature ID, or after creature name ?

#3. When is a stone marked as economic and when a non-economic ? I have olivine as economic for example, it is maddening to set the stone stocks every time I embark.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #912 on: March 09, 2012, 04:55:21 pm »

find the NERVE_TEMPLATE, and give it a healing rate. Lower numbers are faster- skin heals at 100 for comparison, but if you want nerve damage to be difficult to recover from (but non-debilitating) you can plug in a higher number.
That only works for NERVOUS tissue in the spines and whatever else uses NERVE, Sensory and Motor Nerves are 'severed' thus gone for good. S and M nerves are brought on by the [HAS_NERVES] tag and they show up in all tissues that have [MUSCUALR] only way to create your own type of motor nerves would me make a new tissue that gets placed under the muscle layer in the limbs. to do that you need to make a few slight changes to the ABS (advanced bone structure) that I created

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:02 pm »

Unfortunately, this only works for spinal injuries, not severed nerves.  I modded my custom race to have healing nervous tissue because I was tired of having to retire every time I got a nervous system injury (this was before healing transformations were possible).  They heal from a broken spine easily enough, but if they get a severed motor nerve, they're still crippled for life.  I don't think nerves work quite the same way as tissues, so I'm not sure if it's possible to heal them, apart from transformations.

Ninja'd :P

I think he was looking for something that didn't require an intermediary medium like venom to work, which I don't know how it would work. Maybe make a special material for zombie teeth that spread the syndrome on contact?

[SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] causes the interaction (and whatever syndrome it may have) directly.
[SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:VENOM:LIQUID:100:100] is how venom injections are done.

The first one magically affects the bitten creature with the interaction syndrome, whereas the second injects syndrome-laced venom.  I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes, though, since I believe they both work in pretty much the same circumstances.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 09, 2012, 05:04:17 pm »

I should be more specific, my zombie curse is modeled off the vampire/necro curse so no [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION], I don't want my zombies healing, and i don't want a generic zombie body for all the zombies.

I don't want a contact based contaminant for spreading to avoid husk-like issues, so the ideal method would be to spread it like a werecurse with [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE].

lets take a dwarf for an example, here is the dwarfs bite attack.
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
      [ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
      [ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
      [ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
      [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
      [ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]

for the syndrome to work I'd need the curse to either add [SPECIALATTACK_INTERACTION:ZOMBIE_BITE] to that attack(and preferably change [ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND] to [ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]) or just have it add in a new bite attack.

That is what I'm trying to figure out.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100969.0

There was whole topic on this exact subject.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 544