Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999536 times)

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1035 on: March 18, 2012, 07:51:30 pm »

You mean body_default? I was asking where to put it, actually. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 18, 2012, 08:17:27 pm »

You mean body_default? I was asking where to put it, actually. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
I meant yes, it's still there in this version
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:30 am »

Questions about [PET] and entities:
  • If I make a [PET] caste of a creature with an entity, and then use a syndrome to turn another caste of that creature into the [PET], will it become a [PET]?
  • If not, will transformation into a different creature [PET] and back work?
  • Will [PET] females breed in the presence of non-[PET] males?
  • Do [PET] castes not immigrate?

Also, can I:
  • Generate a product from a workshop based on the workshop's material?
If not, how do I generate a random material product?

EDIT: I checked; [PET] castes do migrate.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:36:13 pm by Radiant_Phoenix »

Kellnaved

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:30 am »

Is there a way to mod vampires so that they kill less dwarfes per year or only seldom kill them and only send their victim´s to the hospital due to blood loss? I actually like to have 1 or 2 vampires living hidden in my fort but 20-30 dead dwarfes per year from vampires is a little bit to much for my taste. Thx and keep up the good work.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 19, 2012, 01:11:45 pm »

Is there a way to mod vampires so that they kill less dwarfes per year or only seldom kill them and only send their victim´s to the hospital due to blood loss? I actually like to have 1 or 2 vampires living hidden in my fort but 20-30 dead dwarfes per year from vampires is a little bit to much for my taste. Thx and keep up the good work.
FYI Vampires don't usually kill with just one feeding, they just target the same dwarf for each subsequent feedings.  But to answer you're question, no.  There is no way to lower the amount of that a vampire drinks.

Radiant_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE_CLASS:MODDER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 19, 2012, 02:47:05 pm »

What factors besides size influence falling damage? Density?

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 19, 2012, 06:27:57 pm »

How can I make adamantine a layer stone?  What I want to try to do is make all of the bottom layers of a world adamantine, so that I can have all that I want, and at the same time I hopefully make it a lot harder to avoid the hollow tubes. 

Do I copy it over to inorganic_stone_layer and just define what layers it can go in, or do i leave it in place and define where it can go?

Souleater17

• Bay Watcher
  • [ANGEL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 20, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

Can I give trees fruits?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 20, 2012, 07:00:32 pm »

Here's a bit of a nasty interaction problem that I haven't been able to solve...

Spoiler: Interaction raws... (click to show/hide)

Here's the thing - everything works perfectly except for the one thing that the entire premise is hinging on.  I have bolded the two problematic lines...

How it SHOULD work is for the "create spy" interaction to occur during worldgen as a curse, adding the mischievous tag to the victim, which is used in the "expose spy" interaction to look for a suitable target.  Here's the problem - I cannot for the life of me get the second interaction to recognize the token added by the first.  Is this a hard-coded problem with how the IT_REQUIRES token checks for tags or is there a problem with my interaction that both myself and the errorlog are missing?

Any help here would be most appreciated.

Darekun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 21, 2012, 01:32:36 am »

Also, can I:
  • Generate a product from a workshop based on the workshop's material?
If not, how do I generate a random material product?
I'm pretty sure the only way to do the first is to have a bunch of custom workshops identical except for the material they require and produce, and the second is not possible. You can generate a product with a garbage material(i.e. "metal" but not any particular metal, stats presumably from the template), you can make a reaction with a 20% chance each for five different products(and get none a third of the time or all five rarely), but there's no way to specify a REACTION_CLASS or the like for a product's material.

How can I make adamantine a layer stone?  What I want to try to do is make all of the bottom layers of a world adamantine, so that I can have all that I want, and at the same time I hopefully make it a lot harder to avoid the hollow tubes.
It's probably best to duplicate it, change the [INORGANIC:RAW_ADAMANTINE] to something else(maybe [INORGANIC:ADAMANTITE]) so it won't collide, remove [DEEP_SPECIAL], and add layer tags like [METAMORPHIC].

However, it's possible you just need to add layer tags. The wiki page on defining inorganics doesn't indicate any other hardcoded behavior of [DEEP_SPECIAL], but I wouldn't be surprised.

The duplication results in two stone types, both called "raw adamantine" and from which threads of the same metal are extracted, but you'll probably start getting preferences for the layer one.

Can I give trees fruits?
Not as such. You can create a tree with a second woody material defined, and make a custom reaction that produces some fruit as it converts regular wood of that tree to the second wood, but that's about as close as it gets. (You might alternately look in the pony mod threads for discussion of applebucking, which basically has workshops instead of trees.)
Darekun likes iron, cobalt, alicorn, cut gems, elves for their comparative advantage, and goblins for being an iron-bearing ore. When possible, she prefers to consume tea, cow meat, and Bacon Salt. She absolutely detests pasture creatures.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 21, 2012, 02:12:52 am »

Does anybody know if GROWDUR affects trees, and what the default GROWDUR for tress is?

Also is there any way I can make a interaction only available to an adventurer, but not in fort mode?

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 21, 2012, 02:21:26 am »

I tried to make incendiary rounds by changing the homotherm of goblins to 1076, and magnesium to 1080. When the goblin picks up something made from it they get melted, but when a bolt is stuck in them nothing happens. Will I have to alter the tissue templates to get them to burn to death properly?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 21, 2012, 02:25:13 am »

Also is there any way I can make a interaction only available to an adventurer, but not in fort mode?
Don't include the usage hint. The creature will still have the interaction, but never use it in fort mode because they have no reason to.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 21, 2012, 04:07:52 am »

Dabbling modder could use a little help here.
I wanted to give humans and gobbos armored robes, but somehow I can't make it work.
That said, I actually have no idea what I'm doing, I just scrapped something together from what I can see in the RAWs and the wiki and some things I copied.  :-X

I added this to the reaction_test.txt. I want it to use a leather robe and 2 bars of iron.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CRAFT_FORTROBE]
[NAME:craft iron fortified robe]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:300:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
[REAGENT:B:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_ROBE:NONE:NONE][ANY_LEATHER_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORTROBE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:LEATHERWORK]

Added this to item_test.txt (Just the robe entry with the cloth and leather related tags exchanged for chainmail armor ones)
[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORTROBE]
[NAME:fortified robe:fortified robes]
[UBSTEP:MAX]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:100]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[HARD]
[METAL]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL]

And I added those 2 to the plains, mountain and evil entities (will delete mountain once I get this working)
[PERMITTED_REACTION:CRAFT_FORTROBE]
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_FORTROBE:COMMON]

I can't order it on the embark screen and I can't make them in my craftdwarf workshop.
I'm pretty sure that its the reaction thats wrong  :-\
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1049 on: March 21, 2012, 09:51:54 am »

in the reagent say INORGANIC:IRON not METAL:IRON

also if you want to craft it, it must be permitted in the entity
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 544