Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002139 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1515 on: May 14, 2012, 11:56:19 pm »

Ok, Im a tad bit confused as to how to make explosive ammo. I've seen somewhere someone did it, but I can't remember where...
metal that melts/boils at room temp. Use the search bar for "Doomium" I think, it has DOOM in it. I used to have a link to that topic, also try "explodium"

i searched for Doomium and found http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69205.msg1671749#msg1671749
has what i was looking for. thanks Hugo_The_Dwarf
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1516 on: May 15, 2012, 12:12:12 am »

You are welcome, now to figure out why my essence pools are spawning essence, I need to shape my serviles damnit

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:48 am »

Seems that IMMOBILE males or females act like they are sterile (bug?)

Here is my results from testing, posted here
I have done some Science on the IMMOBILE tag and it's effects on breeding

IMMOBILE seems to act like STERILE only making the creature unable to move. So dropping the IMMOBILE tag on the only MALE/FEMALE or BOTH will stop breeding, even if one of the pair lacks it, must treat IMMOBILE as double "No Movement" and "Sterile"

Castes with the IMMOBILE tag can be born, but they would have to be a third caste that is seperate then the breeding castes (3rd caste must be an extra MALE/FEMALE but can be genderless (since it is IMMOBILE it won't breed/aid in breeding anyways))

MHpersonalDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 15, 2012, 01:19:01 pm »

Looks like I messed something up somewhere, and now civilizations are spawning with non-entity creatures. It seems like the creature is selected after my custom creatures, and for now that order is custom->dragon->satyr->bronze colossus-> etc. Those aren't defined in the entity_default.txt in any entities, and only two entities (with different creatures) now have the [ADNVENTURE_TIER:X] tags. I'm looking through my raws but can't find anything wrong. If anyone knows why/experiences something similar, I wouldn't mind a tip or two.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: May 15, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »

Check your error log, any duplicate errors?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 15, 2012, 01:38:36 pm »

Is there a token that makes a member of a species or a group of creatures infected by a syndrome hostile to anything except each other?

Alternatively, is it possible to cause entity change by interaction?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 15, 2012, 03:44:31 pm »

Is there a token that makes a member of a species or a group of creatures infected by a syndrome hostile to anything except each other?

Alternatively, is it possible to cause entity change by interaction?

Darkspawn mod. Is it possible to reproduce the Blight of Dragon Age in DF, with all the syndrome blood, Darkspawn, Ghouls, Blight sickness, and Broodmothers? Is there a token that makes a creature want to kill anything that's not from it's species?
Make all the creatures NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE it places them on the UNDEAD team. Broodmothers I assume spawn more dark spawn? That is possible (as long as they are hostile then you have no problem with getting that to work).

Conversion to UNDEAD is possible as well

MHpersonalDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 15, 2012, 04:29:26 pm »

Check your error log, any duplicate errors?

So far the only errors in both the entity files and creature files are missing tissue thickness (for an internal organ in the head that I don't need tissues for, think of it as a tumor) and the misspelling of "Savanna."
I still can't find errors in the raws, even after replacing some creatures with proven placeholders.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 16, 2012, 03:14:04 pm »

How does [SPOUSE_CONVERSION_TARGET] operate? I'm guessing that all creatures with [SPOUSE_CONVERTER] will go after these. If so, is there any workaround to only making a certain creature target-able to my specific converter?

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 16, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »

Is it currently possible to mod reactions that create food items? The below reaction crashes the game. I hope it's something I'm doing wrong, because I really want to turn things into biscuits!

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_EASY_MEAL_TEST]
[NAME:make an easy meal]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]

[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:PLANT]

[PRODUCT:100:1:FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_BISCUITS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[SKILL:COOK]

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:41 pm »

It's this:

Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:PLANT]
That don't make no sense at all, so far as I can tell.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: May 16, 2012, 08:25:12 pm »

[IMMOBILE] doesn't make sterile, the cloning units (breeding castes) of my Daleks have it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1527 on: May 16, 2012, 08:30:45 pm »

Should be more like this, no ?

[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:STRUCTURAL][UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 16, 2012, 08:42:19 pm »

[IMMOBILE] doesn't make sterile, the cloning units (breeding castes) of my Daleks have it.
Odd, because when I add [IMMOBILE] to my Servant Mind, or Essence Pool (now renamed Essence Beetle, since I removed IMMOBILE) they stopped breeding. I went a full year and a half and no babies (essence). Are your Cloning units Civ members?

The servant mind and (previously) essence pools are pets, I wanted them IMMOBILE because:
Servant Minds are fat craetures that sit on raised platforms, since they are so intelligent they were made helpess to prevent betrayal (MALE)
Essence Pools, well make essence to be shaped into other living beings. And they are pools they shouldn't move. (FEMALE)
Essence (Genderless children)

all three castes have [CHILD:1]

EDIT:
@ Meph
Yes that will work, forcing it so the raw plant (harvested) is needed for the reagent.
But SC's product looks a bit off, I always had issues using GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT with plants due to they have so many different materials. But I guess it would work for his ITEM_FOOD because all he/she wants is the STRUCTUAL in which is what will be given
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 08:45:04 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 16, 2012, 08:53:33 pm »

Should be more like this, no ?

[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:TUBER_BLOATED:STRUCTURAL][UNROTTEN]
   [REAGENT:barrel/pot:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [EMPTY][FOOD_STORAGE_CONTAINER][PRESERVE_REAGENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

I tried this and several other variations, but it still causes instant CTD with no errorlog.

Also worth mentioning is that even without a reagent it still CTDs instantly. I have no problems creating any other item from thin air.

EDIT: I'll try that idea Meph, thanks for the help guys!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 09:16:22 pm by SomethingCreative »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 544