Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ideas for Modding  (Read 2265 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for Modding
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 03:18:04 pm »

As in a mod not deriving from another IP, even if said IP is free to use.

Like a creature you come up with on your own. Ideas you have.

I dunno... really. It's your choice.

Hm...First off, what do you mean, IP?

Islands with playable pirates, corsairs and crazy amount of natives.

I'd be willing to try this, but the number of islands and lack of ships can't be modded.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 05:23:32 pm »

IP means intellectual property, or a previously existing work. See: every single god damned mod I've ever made not counting my most recent one.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 06:05:17 pm »

You know in 2012, there is no orignal idea. Everything that is 'new' is acually 'old' just modified. And I thought Regeneration was orginal, then I hear someone has the very same thing that I just put in. All we can do now is "perfect" what was done, Even if GWG made a mod straight from his head. Every creature and thing is something he thought up. I'm sure it would be helpful if say he took a rather large reaction and tweaked it, rather then writing it all out.

And to support my point about new being old. Eminem's " Like Toy Soldiers" is simply some of his rap with Martika's "Toy Soldiers". Some song called "Turn Around 1,2,3,4,5" uses a beat from "Oh Yeah" by Yellow and Ke$ha's "Take it off" uses the "Snake Charmer's" beat

Darksiders, and God of War/Heavenly sword is the same shit different pile.

Even warhammer 40k the Terminator squad for the Space Marines use a gun called "Double Fire" from a game called Incubation by Bluebyte. I bet the creators of that game never even heard of Incubation.

BTW just heard a song on the radio that was basically a modernized version of the song at the end of "Beetlejuice" (the song also plays in a few other parts of the movie as well, but it is used to close the movie before the credits).

Also Im still gunning for a LOTR, or maybe something from David Ward's 'Escape the Mask' (Westerners, Spears (kindof viking roman slavers), and the slaves (captured westerns)). Or maybe Doom, that would be cool to play are mars, setup a base. and defend it from hell with your marines.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »

Hm, that might be even better than the sci-fi crossover, with some modification. Maybe borrow a bit of "humans settling on a not-really-magic planet" from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri[/url]. Thinking about it...

Thoughts? I'm currently most interested in human-side abilities. Maybe some kind of exo-suit thingy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

Exo-Suits sound fun, Full out humanoid or weapon arms?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »

Darkspawn mod. Is it possible to reproduce the Blight of Dragon Age in DF, with all the syndrome blood, Darkspawn, Ghouls, Blight sickness, and Broodmothers? Is there a token that makes a creature want to kill anything that's not from it's species?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 03:43:40 pm »

Darkspawn mod. Is it possible to reproduce the Blight of Dragon Age in DF, with all the syndrome blood, Darkspawn, Ghouls, Blight sickness, and Broodmothers? Is there a token that makes a creature want to kill anything that's not from it's species?
Make all the creatures NOT_LIVING and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE it places them on the UNDEAD team. Broodmothers I assume spawn more dark spawn? That is possible (as long as they are hostile then you have no problem with getting that to work).

Conversion to UNDEAD is possible as well

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 03:49:03 pm »

Give all the animal-men a proper civilisation, or civilisations.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 04:54:02 am »

how about a "proper" medieval mod...basically increase Steel powers ten fold, reduce the chances of other ores, emphasis on farming and trade. Humans playable? Norwegians, Europeans, Arabic?

Reduce the number of basic pieces of armor and weapons, introduce more "flair" equipment. Nordic Sword/ Longsword /Saber etc etc (i know a saber isn't the same as a longsword, but each race would have basically the same item under a different name to produce the image needed.)

Mostly tweaking weapon/armor interactions: Swords and Axes are VERY deadly against anything without chain and/or plate, reconcile with mace/hammer/picks, Arrows absolutely deadly.

each with their own flair and skill sets.

Hell, add in the greeks...LOVE the bronze, spears = DEADLY...larger shields than others etc etc...make them efficient in combat in their own right

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Pages: 1 [2]