Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002123 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1905 on: June 15, 2012, 07:30:52 pm »

[REAGENT:A:150:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1906 on: June 15, 2012, 07:37:27 pm »

What about requiring metal bars or blocks?
Add [REACTION_CLASS:METAL] in the METAL_TEMPLATE and use that in the BUILD_ITEM

hum, what kind of problems can cause a crash on worldgen and not leave anything on errorlog?
i kinda made this big awesome mod, 3 days tweaking vanilla raws... without testing in between, what do now?

World gen, instantly or after a set amount of years? the history could be getting too large and over exceding it's 2GB RAM limit

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: June 15, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »

instantly

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: June 15, 2012, 07:53:17 pm »

if you have been playing with the entity files then that might be your issue, Sanure ran into that problem with trying to merge a outdated Metroid Mod with His personal one. The space pirate entity cause'd it to crash instantly.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: June 15, 2012, 09:25:00 pm »

is there any way to have necromancer style zombies that are loyal to the necromancer that makes them and are also durable? because I haven't figured out a way to do it. I tried changing animate to ressurect, but then the zombies are hostile to the necromancer. I tried making them animate but giving them an interaction to regenerate them so that they'd be more durable, but they were still hostile. is there any way to have loyal, durable zombies?

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: June 15, 2012, 09:46:27 pm »

1. Is there a reason this thread isn't stickied?

2. How would I make a syndrome which causes any limb touched by a substance to disappear, or at least burst into a puff of the substance?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 07:23:40 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: June 15, 2012, 10:30:17 pm »

if you have been playing with the entity files then that might be your issue, Sanure ran into that problem with trying to merge a outdated Metroid Mod with His personal one. The space pirate entity cause'd it to crash instantly.
i barelly touched the entity files though
i moded out most of the stones and superfluous minerals, and fiddled with gems to make them appear in all layers. i think it might have something to do with it

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »

ah there is your issue, stone layers, did you keep at least 1 of each type? Sedemtry, soil, sand, clay, metamorhpic, etc? I tried doing that and it ended horribly. Had to start over fresh because I didn't know that was the issue. DF needs at least one of every type.

Either it be leaves, exstracts, meat, leather, so on and so forth. It needs 1 of every type

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: June 16, 2012, 09:46:55 am »

Hi,

Can anyone explain why this cheat reaction no longer works? They create the wine but no longer put it in a barrel....

Thanks!

[NAME:dwarven wine (plump helmet)]
   [BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE_FOOD:CUSTOM_A]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:25:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
   [SKILL:BREWING]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:47:09 am by dagger »

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: June 16, 2012, 10:19:49 am »

Is there is a tag that makes it so only a certain caste can become the king/ a noble? I remember a thread in which people were talking about it, but I could be wrong.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: June 16, 2012, 11:31:49 am »

Hi,

Can anyone explain why this cheat reaction no longer works? They create the wine but no longer put it in a barrel....

Thanks!

[NAME:dwarven wine (plump helmet)]
   [BUILDING:CREATION_FORGE_FOOD:CUSTOM_A]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BARREL:NONE:NONE:NONE][EMPTY][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [PRODUCT:100:25:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
   [SKILL:BREWING]
Awsome Conan Avatar, makes me want to watch that again.

[PRODUCT:100:5:DRINK:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:DRINK][PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:A]
THis is one of my product lines for brewing, and I see nothing wrong with yours, have you tried lowering the amount of DRINK made?

Is there is a tag that makes it so only a certain caste can become the king/ a noble? I remember a thread in which people were talking about it, but I could be wrong.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Position_token
ALLOWED_CLASS  CREATURE_CLASS Token  Only creatures with the specified class token can be appointed to this position. 
ALLOWED_CREATURE   ???  Unknown - may restrict position holders by CREATURE type. 

I don't think World gen respects this, but in fortress mode I think it does.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:32 am »

Yes I think that did the trick, now I need to find out what the limit is because 25 use to work. :)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: June 16, 2012, 11:43:44 am »

toady must have slipped in a small change to barrels, I'm tempted to use a batch of reactions that make 1 through 25 amounts of drink and jot down their liquid density. and determin the max amount of weight a barrel can hold

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: June 16, 2012, 12:53:09 pm »

ah there is your issue, stone layers, did you keep at least 1 of each type? Sedemtry, soil, sand, clay, metamorhpic, etc? I tried doing that and it ended horribly. Had to start over fresh because I didn't know that was the issue. DF needs at least one of every type.

Either it be leaves, exstracts, meat, leather, so on and so forth. It needs 1 of every type

yeah, i knew that, and i left one of each type of layer stones(sand, soil, clay, sedimentary, metamorphic and both igneous). i didn't know about leaves, but i left quarry bushes and all the underground plants. do you have a comprehensive list of what things are know to cause this problem? i also modded out a lot of animals, including all non vermin fish. i'm also thinking the game may have some trouble placing  that many different types of gems in a layer, because i kept all gems and moded them to appear in every stone type, it might hit some sort of cap

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: June 16, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

I don't think World gen respects this, but in fortress mode I think it does.

World gen does respect it; this was fixed in 34.01.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 544