Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999491 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #3420 on: December 15, 2012, 10:21:42 pm »

Thanks.
In that case, would making a creature have other creatures for blood be more or less convoluted.
No, but you can make them lay other creatures as eggs

Nope, just brain-dead vermin.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: December 16, 2012, 09:03:17 am »

When exactly are the creature variations applied? Is it during the loading of a word?

If not, will a bloated c_var file slow the game down?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: December 16, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »

When exactly are the creature variations applied? Is it during the loading of a word?

If not, will a bloated c_var file slow the game down?

Word?

No, a bloated c_var file won't slow the game down unless it's truly ridiculously huge. Don't get carried away with creature variations on creatures with lots of castes, though; Fortbent uses a GB of RAM to run because of that.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: December 16, 2012, 01:51:08 pm »

*world. Um.

And the c_var itself is... kinda big. This is the version that works:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And it's applied to multiple creatures with up to 5 castes apiece.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:21 pm »

Well, it's only one variation, so it shouldn't be too bad.

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:36 pm »

You have their entity set up to allow for that.

Also, can I yoink that?

The funny thing is, I don't have them set up in an entity. Also, sure you can yoink it. I've been playing around with all sorts of true-to-Tolkien creatures and entities. I would put them up on the forums as a mod, but most of it about removing/changing content rather than adding it.
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: December 16, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »

It's still all a mod. Actually, since it appears that you're making something, how about you yoink my enemy entity? It has Morgoth leading, Sauron as his lieutenant, orcs, uruk-hai (I keep it timeless as opposed to locked in one age or era), etc.

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:29 pm »

Ooh, now THAT'S cool! I've never tried doing castes like that before. I could learn a lot from those files, thanks!
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 17, 2012, 12:04:18 am »

How can I make a RAISE spell only target body-parts from a specific creature? Also, are raised body parts loyal to their raiser or do they retain their original organism's allegiances if you do not add the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE token?
Edit: Also, can an interaction be modded so that it can only target creatures that have a specific syndrome?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:02:47 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: December 17, 2012, 09:54:33 pm »

How can I make a RAISE spell only target body-parts from a specific creature? Also, are raised body parts loyal to their raiser or do they retain their original organism's allegiances if you do not add the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE token?
Edit: Also, can an interaction be modded so that it can only target creatures that have a specific syndrome?
1)I believe IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE will work, but I'm not 100% on that.

2)IIRC raised body parts will retain original loyalties unless given the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE token, in which case they will be hostile to everything that doesn't have the NOT_LIVING token.

3)You can't make interactions target something with a syndrome, but you can make them target everything that doesn't have a specific syndrome with IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS. So the answer is yes, but it takes a fair amount of workaround. A more detailed breakdown of the workaround can be found here.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: December 17, 2012, 11:19:32 pm »

Hey folks, try putting these SOUNDS in all your civilizations' creatures. Makes adventure mode towns and companions more fun.
Code: [Select]
--sounds.. loudness/distance (squares), commonness (1000 for alarm, 10k peaceful).
[SOUND:ALERT:50:1200:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a warcry]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:45:80000:VOCALIZATION:shout:shouts:a shout] --very rare but long-distance
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:25:180000:VOCALIZATION:ponder the futility of it all:looks very sad:insane gibbering in the distance] --very rare
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:20:27000:VOCALIZATION:sneeze:sneezes:a sneeze]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:7:25000:VOCALIZATION:burp:burps:a manly burp]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:7:18000:VOCALIZATION:spit:spits:somebody spitting]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:15:9500:VOCALIZATION:talk:talks:conversation]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:13:24000:VOCALIZATION:pray:prays:a prayer]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:4:16000:VOCALIZATION:sigh:sighs:a sigh] --shortest distance/loudness
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:16:17000:VOCALIZATION:swear:swears:somebody swearing]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:11:19000:VOCALIZATION:mutter:mutters:somebody muttering]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:8:18000:VOCALIZATION:grunt:grunts:a grunt]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:6:15000:VOCALIZATION:cough:coughs:a quiet cough]

I think I'll try this out and see how I like it. Thanks.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: December 17, 2012, 11:21:44 pm »

woah, blast from the past

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: December 18, 2012, 08:53:37 pm »

Oops.

Oh well v(0.o)v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: December 19, 2012, 12:39:17 am »

how would i go about healing a syndrome with another syndrome? if nothing else is possible, i can do it by having the disease syndrome enabling an interaction that made the creature infect itself periodically, and the cure syndrome making the creature an invalid target for the interaction until the disease syndrome wears off, but i hope there's a simpler solution

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: December 19, 2012, 12:50:02 am »

how would i go about healing a syndrome with another syndrome? if nothing else is possible, i can do it by having the disease syndrome enabling an interaction that made the creature infect itself periodically, and the cure syndrome making the creature an invalid target for the interaction until the disease syndrome wears off, but i hope there's a simpler solution

Immunity is possible, but not curing.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 544