Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002322 times)

Batbuttz0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4245 on: February 25, 2013, 02:10:16 am »

just trying to see if I could create a structure that gives off an infinite supply of contaminated water. Like a well structure that doesn't need a underground reservoir.

Maybe, I would have to know the tags of vampire blood, but there are easier ways to make your fortress all vampires, like making the dwarf creature all vampires.

Vampire blood can't have a material token due to the fact that its specialness is due to interactions, but you can make new vampire blood that gives a vampire-causing interaction.

how would I do that? look up the syndrome and create my material and attach the syndrome? but how would they get the blood? just add the material onto the vamps as a droppable or something they can put in a bucket or just add the material as something created from my well str-

long story short could you provide me a simple example for how I would do this?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: February 25, 2013, 03:40:16 am »

I just looked at DFHack's readme and it says about being able to mode switch which is what I'm guessing HugoLuman was talking about though the directions aren't very clear. So, can someone give me instructions on how to use it to equip the tamed critter and then hop back to my fort?
You'll be wanting dfusin>tools>change current adventurer, while selecting the creature by putting the (k) cursor over it. Then you >quit dfusion and >mode set to adventure mode. You'll have to save and reload. Do whatever you need to, then >mode set back to fort. Save and reload. You may want to back up your save before attempting this.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: February 25, 2013, 04:26:20 am »

I just looked at DFHack's readme and it says about being able to mode switch which is what I'm guessing HugoLuman was talking about though the directions aren't very clear. So, can someone give me instructions on how to use it to equip the tamed critter and then hop back to my fort?
You'll be wanting dfusin>tools>change current adventurer, while selecting the creature by putting the (k) cursor over it. Then you >quit dfusion and >mode set to adventure mode. You'll have to save and reload. Do whatever you need to, then >mode set back to fort. Save and reload. You may want to back up your save before attempting this.

Since minotaurs become so big at adulthood does that mean they could dual wield dwarf weapons due to them being smaller?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: February 25, 2013, 05:16:52 am »

Weapons don't vary in size by species, only armor does. If by dwarf weapons you mean weapons commonly used by dwarves, though, then yes. They can even easily wield a pike in each hand.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: February 25, 2013, 07:25:55 am »

That reminds me: There was talk in the Future of the Fortress thread about the new combat system coming soon and how it should make Hydras kick ass because they'll be able to attack with all of their heads at once (per Toady). And this also applies to multi-armed creatures:

I am really curious as to how mighty Hydras will be with that release.
****. Hadn't thought of that. 7 bite attacks at once... Hopefully ballistae are back to being powerful again.

Ah, 6/18/12.

[The combat move/speed split will] also clean up some weirdness with rider combat that was exacerbated by the changes of the last week. Splitting movement and combat reactions should lead to some cool side benefits, such as creatures like horses and cheetahs being able to move quickly without getting extra attacks, and things like hydras and many-armed critters being able to use numerous attacks at once.

I was contemplating how downright brutal it might get if each arm of a four or six-armed monster wielded a weapon. Or do weapons not work that way?

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: February 25, 2013, 03:30:10 pm »

Weapons don't vary in size by species, only armor does. If by dwarf weapons you mean weapons commonly used by dwarves, though, then yes. They can even easily wield a pike in each hand.

I was thinking of giving them a steel axe and a silver warhammer so the minotaur would be a 'ready for anything' deal.
----------
Tried out the dfusion thing it appears to have worked though just in case I made a backup of my world save in the event something mooks up. Thanks for the help. :D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:25:14 pm by zlurker »

Soulbourne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:41 pm »

I'm trying to do a minor mod for my game, so I can give my champion a Masterwork Gem Encrusted Gold Banded Steel Short Sword in the future, and I'm curious if this code would be correct for the custom reaction:

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:ENCRUST_WEAPON_GEM]
     [NAME:Encrust Weapon with Gems]
     [BUILDING:JEWELERS_WORKSHOP:NONE]
     [REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:ANY:NONE][PRESERVE_REGENT]
     [REAGENT:B:1:GEM:NONE:ANY:NONE]
     [IMPROVEMENT:100:1:WEAPON:COVERED:GEM]
     [SKILL:ENCRUSTGEM]

Not sure if that'd work or not-any critiques?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:10 pm »

Nope.

[IMPROVEMENT:100:1:A:COVERED:GET_MATEIRAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE]

You also probably want SMALLGEM or ROUGH instead of GEM; GEM refers to large gems.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: February 25, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »

You would need to make a custom workshop; you currently can't make a reaction for existing workshops (unless I'm terribly mistaken.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: February 25, 2013, 06:10:47 pm »

You would need to make a custom workshop; you currently can't make a reaction for existing workshops (unless I'm terribly mistaken.)

You aren't terribly mistaken, but you are mistaken.

The only vanilla buildings that can be used are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, and CRAFTSMAN.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: February 25, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »

While I'm in the room, is there a way to make a metal creature heal?

Let's say I've modded bronze colossuses (colossi?) to be pets.  How do I set them up to heal fractures and such?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:10:51 pm by evictedSaint »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: February 25, 2013, 06:36:52 pm »

Set up their tissue to heal like any other tissue.

Also, colossuses.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: February 25, 2013, 07:10:42 pm »

The historical name would be colossi, same as "oculi" for "oculus". I guess colossuses is possible too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: February 25, 2013, 07:13:03 pm »

Colossuses is the one in the files, so we go with with that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: February 25, 2013, 07:17:48 pm »

Toady One is a matematician, not a philologist ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 544