Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999405 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4710 on: April 05, 2013, 09:53:21 am »

My kobolds are the opposite of insane. They are designed NOT to tantrum. Since the race is based on many children and throw-away military, I wanted the rest to stay stable and dont freak out when 20 bolds die at a time. If you want insane, you cant copy the kobolds.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: April 05, 2013, 10:39:59 am »

My kobolds are the opposite of insane. They are designed NOT to tantrum. Since the race is based on many children and throw-away military, I wanted the rest to stay stable and dont freak out when 20 bolds die at a time. If you want insane, you cant copy the kobolds.

No, but the kobolds were the first race I came across with personality tags, letting me know that such things exist. :)

What seems to be happening is that, with my civ, I increased their love of order and discipline. They don't really tantrum, but they seem to stay permanently unhappy. They get happy thoughts from talking to nobles, so I may have to increase the number of nobles who go around comforting them. They also get happy thoughts from their surroundings, which is appropriate. I did not realize how much of the happiness of living creatures came from what they were eating and drinking. That seems to offset most of the unhappiness and when you remove eat and drink tags, they spiral downwards significantly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4712 on: April 05, 2013, 12:37:29 pm »

The biggest things are friends, lovers, marriages and kids. The things that are worst are miscarriages, abductions, death of kids, friends and lovers. Pets are also quite important.

EDIt: Oh, and you probably want LIKES_FIGHTING, which gives the "took joy in slaughter lately" thought, after each fight.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:39:07 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: April 05, 2013, 08:07:13 pm »

[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10000]
[BOILING_POINT:5]

Yeah, no. I didn't expect that to really help, and, it didn't. The problem isn't getting the material to dissolve, it's getting it to dissolve in less than two hundred steps. Ideally, single digits, but if that's not possible, well, I'll take any improvement I can get. The other option I guess would be to create some kind of four-armed being, and only use the Poof material with two of the arms, and so it's effectually just a normal creature afterwards, but it doesn't solve the problem of it taking like, six seconds at 100FPS before the arms finally come off. Which is a problem for various other reasons.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: April 06, 2013, 05:10:26 am »

I have adapted a few summoning interactions from masterwork.
Everything work as intended, I am even using truetransform, but the creature is 'friendly' on the unit list.

Typing 'tweak makeown' on dfhack fix that, so I thought you could try to have autosyndrome do that for you but I can't seem to make it work.
Can tweak commands be fired with autosyndrome ?

Here's the last interaction, I am using a duck and a dog for testing purposes :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Another thing : As the name implies, I tried to summon fire imps. But they have no caste and DF keep issuing errors about unrecognized caste token.
I tried using GENERIC, MALE, NONE and nothing as the caste token, how do I handle that besides editing the creature ?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:32:00 am by Boltgun »

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: April 06, 2013, 03:10:37 pm »

Making new creatures with unusual bones... And once again, I'm left grinding my teeth at the BONE STACK BUG.

The only way around it is with making bone bolt-consuming reactions. Apparently, even Meph hasn't found a better solution for it.

I mean, I could make all the creatures who have a certain bone material one size, and use a stack-consuming reaction to create a special tool item from it... BUT THEN, if any creature gets limbs severed, there's more than one stack of bones and more tools than there are supposed to be!

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: April 06, 2013, 11:22:37 pm »

Can you change a creature's immunities to syndromes without transformations? As in, can I change its CREATURE_CLASS? Or alternatively, can I make a creature unable to get a syndrome if it already has a different syndrome?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: April 06, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »

Yeah, with IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: April 06, 2013, 11:28:35 pm »

That's through interaction, I mean directly through syndrome.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: April 07, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »

I've been looking for a while now, and while this is not exactly a modding question I'm not sure where else it should go.
is there a mod (or way to mod back) so that you have the old embark information?
like what kind of deposits(sedimentary etc.) and listing sand and such.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: April 07, 2013, 02:17:40 pm »

No. You can only change which interactions can affect it, not which syndromes can.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: April 07, 2013, 02:25:57 pm »

No. You can only change which interactions can affect it, not which syndromes can.
Damn, I thought there might be some workaround to prevent guys from getting doubly poisoned or something. Alright then, is it possible to add an interaction directly to a material?
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: April 07, 2013, 02:41:46 pm »

No.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4723 on: April 07, 2013, 02:54:10 pm »

Spoiler: Inorganic (click to show/hide)

Could make your poisions self induced interactions, that are aquired through a material, just pick this apart.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: April 07, 2013, 03:05:32 pm »

Right. I'm losing my grips on hoops >_<
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 544