Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002261 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5085 on: May 16, 2013, 08:37:49 pm »

This has most likely already been asked and answered, maybe even more than once but my searches are not giving me what I want.
I see a lot of people saying they like making the GIANT variations of creatures trainable (and also creature-men? I may have read wrong)

How exactly do I go about making them trainable?
Is there a single file that I can add [TRAINABLE] too, or do I have to do through all the individual creature files and add it to all the giant variations?

Whoever answers this, much thanks in advance!
c_variation_default.txt

In this case it's the ANIMAL_PERSON and GIANT variations (although there are others, such as ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS, that you may want to make trainable too).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

TheTinCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: May 16, 2013, 10:09:26 pm »

In this case it's the ANIMAL_PERSON and GIANT variations (although there are others, such as ANIMAL_PERSON_LEGLESS, that you may want to make trainable too).
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. much appreciated.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: May 20, 2013, 07:53:41 am »

So I'm ripping off the humans and making a sixth race.  They'll be afraid of water.  Just wanted to confirm that by leaving the swims_learned they'll drown by default.  Also wondering if locations were in fact hardcoded (you cant create your own, still non-existent name for them).
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: May 20, 2013, 09:20:54 am »

very hard-coded

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: May 20, 2013, 03:59:36 pm »

So after looking through the wiki and this forum I am pretty sure I know the answer, but thought I would ask anyway.

Is there any way to change a creatures skill levels and/or skill learn rates using interactions/syndromes/df hack?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: May 20, 2013, 04:25:32 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Syndrome

CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST  PERC:percentage:PERC_ON:percentage:  Alters the skill level of a creature. The argument PERC specifies a percentage of the creature's current skill, and PERC_ON the probability of the effect being applied on a particular roll. 

drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: May 20, 2013, 04:27:07 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Syndrome

CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST  PERC:percentage:PERC_ON:percentage:  Alters the skill level of a creature. The argument PERC specifies a percentage of the creature's current skill, and PERC_ON the probability of the effect being applied on a particular roll.

Indeed but that does not take a particular skill

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5092 on: May 20, 2013, 04:47:12 pm »

there is a syndrome CE_SKILL_ROLL_ADJUST that will increase all skills? other then that Skill learn rates are on the "SOUL" level thus no syndrome/interaction/transformation can alter it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:21 pm »

You can sorta adjust soul things with CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE, but the change itself is its own value elsewhere.

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: May 20, 2013, 05:08:33 pm »

I'm trying to make temporary items (around for a while as catalysts, but will eventually need replacing). I remembered that if an item is in a stockpile that has refuse collection as part of the settings, it will suffer wear and eventually disappear.

So, what kind of refuse-type items could I realistically make (and rename) as results of reactions? I know that I can't make bones or other bodyparts, for example, which is a shame. Is there anything at all that can be made which would normally be stored in Refuse piles?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: May 20, 2013, 05:36:16 pm »

no

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: May 20, 2013, 06:52:04 pm »

I'm trying to make temporary items (around for a while as catalysts, but will eventually need replacing). I remembered that if an item is in a stockpile that has refuse collection as part of the settings, it will suffer wear and eventually disappear.

So, what kind of refuse-type items could I realistically make (and rename) as results of reactions? I know that I can't make bones or other bodyparts, for example, which is a shame. Is there anything at all that can be made which would normally be stored in Refuse piles?
It might be a better idea to make the item of a material that will slowly boil away at room temperature.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5097 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:06 pm »

It might be a better idea to make the item of a material that will slowly boil away at room temperature.
better yet heatdam point at room temp, it's doesn't boil, but it will break down

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: May 21, 2013, 02:56:37 am »

A good point. I hadn't been thinking in that direction. However, I do want it to last a reasonable amount of time, rather than disintegrate in a day or two. What's the realistic lifespan for things this way? Can they last a month? (Which would be about right for what I need - you get some mileage, but it's going to need replacing relatively often)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: May 21, 2013, 10:18:26 am »

Why do goblins have no eat and no drink tags?  It cant be because they are immortal, elves lack those tags. . .

Also, I don't see smelting iron or any way to denote iron availability.  Is there any way to ensure a civ cant work iron?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:22:38 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 544