Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002102 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #5100 on: May 21, 2013, 11:45:39 am »

the no eat and drink was due to them being bonecarn, and races that eat only meat/bones sometimes to most of the time starve out. As for Iron it's the permitted job "FURANCE_OPERATOR" even if theey can't mine but have iron in their lands they can "magically" smelt it. same with reactions that produce "bars" they will always have that metal (this is why dwarves even if lacking copper, can still trade bronze)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: May 21, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

the no eat and drink was due to them being bonecarn, and races that eat only meat/bones sometimes to most of the time starve out.

That's kobolds. Goblins have NO_EAT and NO_DRINK because it doesn't fit with the in-game lore--Toady's said that he can't imagine goblins raising livestock or farming.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: May 21, 2013, 12:44:24 pm »

hunh.  well I ran a few worlds, same seed but different tags on my little custom civ.  The world was slightly different when I added the no_eat/drink tags.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: May 21, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »

the no eat and drink was due to them being bonecarn, and races that eat only meat/bones sometimes to most of the time starve out.

That's kobolds. Goblins have NO_EAT and NO_DRINK because it doesn't fit with the in-game lore--Toady's said that he can't imagine goblins raising livestock or farming.
No vanilla goblins have "BONECARN" which for some  reason acts like CARNIVORE thus since goblins "do no have" anyway to get meat at an easy rate or farm at all, NO_EAT and NO_DRINK are needed so they don't starve

so yes, Toady did say that, so for lore, and because of the BONECARN they have those two tags.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: May 21, 2013, 04:06:31 pm »

No vanilla goblins have "BONECARN" which for some  reason acts like CARNIVORE thus since goblins "do no have" anyway to get meat at an easy rate or farm at all, NO_EAT and NO_DRINK are needed so they don't starve

so yes, Toady did say that, so for lore, and because of the BONECARN they have those two tags.
Putnam is actually right in this matter. Goblins have had [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] since the early versions of the game; long prior to the problem with starving to death during world generation. This was because Toady decided long ago that within his lore goblins didn't need to eat or drink (except for occasionally eating the bones of their enemies).

Kobolds, on the other hand, only gained [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] recently, as part of the bug-fix for starving to death, and if the bug gets fixed will probably go right back to eating and drinking.

Both have the same tokens, but for intrinsically different reasons:
Kobolds - were given the tokens to prevent them from starving to death due to a bug.
Goblins - already had the tokens due to the lore, and as a result the starving bug never affected them in the first place.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: May 22, 2013, 01:17:00 pm »

Query on reactions; Is it possible to make an item with an improvement. I.e. can parts A+B be conbined in a single reaction somehow.

E.g.

[REACTION:MAKE_BOLT_POISONED]
   [NAME:make poison bolt]
   [BUILDING:AMMOCASTER:CUSTOM_A]
   [REAGENT:extract:150:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [MIN_DIMENSION:150]
      [REACTION_CLASS:POISON]
   [REAGENT:extract container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:extract]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
        [SKILL:WAX_WORKING]

# A) This would create the bolts
        [REAGENT:metal:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
        [PRODUCT:100:25:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS_FOUR:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:metal:NONE]

# B) This could cover them in poison (required dfhack-itemsyndrome plugin work when hits enemy)
   [REAGENT:object:25:AMMO:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
   [IMPROVEMENT:800:object:COVERED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:extract:NONE]

Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »

I want to select material X of creature Y and remove one token from it. Can I do this in one line without having to bother with creature variations or replacing the material entirely?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: May 22, 2013, 02:50:39 pm »

I want to select material X of creature Y and remove one token from it. Can I do this in one line without having to bother with creature variations or replacing the material entirely?

not 100% sure by what you mean by this, you can use SELECT_MATERIAL and overwrite tags in the material look at DRAGON in creature_standard.txt for a ref on this.

but then all the castes have the alteration

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: May 22, 2013, 04:04:26 pm »

Another question; If i have an interaction on a turret to shoot SOLID_GLOB's do any skills (e.g. ranged combat etc) affect the chance to hit, seems quite low by default and i wanted to raise it a bit.

E.g.
       [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
      [CDI:ADV_NAME:Spit molten rock]
      [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
      [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
      [CDI:MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COPPER_VAPOR:SOLID_GLOB]
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: May 22, 2013, 07:49:52 pm »

Throwing, I think. Archery (RANGED_COMBAT) too.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: May 22, 2013, 08:37:47 pm »

Throwing, I think. Archery (RANGED_COMBAT) too.

Yup those two are used for material emission interactions.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5111 on: May 23, 2013, 08:11:47 am »

Drayath: As far as I know you cant get the item creation and the improvement into one reaction, you need two. Easiest is of course an automated second one to follow up the first.

Throwing/Archery: That is good to know. :) Makes balancing my turrets a bit better.

I dont really have fast/stable internet atm, so I have to pester you guys with some questions, because it would takes ages to sift through the wiki/search here.

1. How would a carbon-copy of the vanilla "mill plants"-reaction look? I want the exact same reaction, that accepts any plant and produces any milled product.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MILL_GENERIC]
[NAME:mill plants]
[BUILDING:QUERN:CUSTOM_M]
[BUILDING:MILLSTONE:CUSTOM_M]
[REAGENT:A:1:PLANT:NONE:NONE:STRUCTURAL][UNROTTEN]
[REAGENT:flour bag:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE]
    [BAG]
[EMPTY]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:MILL:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:MILL]
[PRODUCT_TO_CONTAINER:flour bag]
[PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:SEED]
[SKILL:MILLING]

Does that look about right? Maybe adding a REACTION_CLASS:CAN_BE_MILLED, to all fitting plants and the reaction?

2. Will undeads resurrected by an opposed_to_life, not_living creature attack it? I know the undeads my warlocks raise always cause friendly fire, but if the invading race would be undead themselves... wouldnt that solve the problem?

3. Is there any way to "un-hide" something? I know the hide-effect makes creatures invisible, but interaction casting does not reveal them. Its really bad when you have an invisible spellcaster on the map who attacks you with interactions, but you cant even find him.

4. I would like plants to only grow in depth 2:2 or 3:3, but still be able to be farmed in farmplots. I somehow remember that there was a problem somewhere.. in essence, I want plants that you can only find in the wild to get seeds, and you can not buy the seeds at embark/from caravans.

5. I modded in minecarts with spikes... they are a tool, so they can have attacks. But it seems that the attack is not triggered when they hit anything on the tracks. So even a spiked cart with an edged attack deals only blunt damage. It seems that the attack only comes into effect when a dwarf actually uses the cart as a weapon, hitting someone with it. Is this correct?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: May 23, 2013, 09:59:39 am »

meph@2:

Yes. Somehow, NOT_LIVING does not prevent creatures from being attacked by their OPPOSED_TO_LIFE summons, even when they have that tag themselves. One way to prevent it is to use an interaction that they'll immediately use on themselves when they enter the map that grants them NO_AGING. Or so I've found to have prevented it. This only works for animated (i.e zombie) creatures, as the animated creatures get added to the necromancer's team.

EDIT: Tokens I used:

[CE_ADD_TAG:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:NO_AGING:STERILE:NOT_LIVING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:START:0]

Sterile could probably be removed with no problems, but I did add OPPOSED_TO_LIFE on the interaction itself, instead of the creature directly.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:01:39 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Obsessed

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh no not you again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: May 23, 2013, 03:36:04 pm »

Is there some way to figure out how large a body part, such as converting the number into feet or would basing it off of the human raws be better? Does the size of a body part effect anything, say, you make a person's fist insanely large, does it annihilate everything it hits?

Also, is there a way to make a creature either have more blood or bleed out slower?

Got a few more questions, is it possible to make a creature immune to becoming a were[insert animal here] and is it possible to make digigrade legs?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:59:03 pm by Obsessed »
Not that different to holocausting elves in a magma chamber. We're all already nazis, just in denial about it.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: May 23, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »

3. Is there any way to "un-hide" something? I know the hide-effect makes creatures invisible, but interaction casting does not reveal them. Its really bad when you have an invisible spellcaster on the map who attacks you with interactions, but you cant even find him.
Using a material emission un-hides the user.
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 544