Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999459 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6435 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06:59 pm »

Adding [CON_CAT:xxxx] to all the vanilla parts I was using inexplicibly fixed it. Well okay! Thanks much!

Naturally, since I was working on another creature while I was waiting for this, I have another question.

This guy is not showing up in the arena, and as a result, presumably not spawning. All of the appearence factors are set up as they are because he's a historical figure and I'd like his appearence changing as little as possible, but if that's, for some reason, the issue, it can be waved off.

Spoiler: creature (click to show/hide)

Thanks yet yet again! I just can't seem to get creatures right the first time around.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6436 on: November 14, 2013, 09:10:24 pm »

Code: [Select]
creature_tengu_megabeast?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6437 on: November 14, 2013, 09:32:32 pm »

UAGAUHAUHRGUAHRGUAHGURHAUGHGUHRHU

I am facepalming. >:(

oh, it wasn't quite that obvious, still pretty dumb, wasn't aware you absolutely NEEDED creature in the name of a creature raw. Well good to know!

Thanks very much fella.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:36:21 pm by Seriyu »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: November 14, 2013, 09:40:01 pm »

The game is super fussy about the actual filenames, too. I was pulling out my hair with creatures not finding anything about my custom body detail plans until I renamed "custom_detail_plan.txt" into "b_detail_plan_custom.txt".

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6439 on: November 14, 2013, 11:26:28 pm »

The game is super fussy about the actual filenames, too. I was pulling out my hair with creatures not finding anything about my custom body detail plans until I renamed "custom_detail_plan.txt" into "b_detail_plan_custom.txt".

Probably worth keeping an eye on capital letters and such too, then, thinking about it. Good to know!

Final question on creatures! Hopefully for a while because I'm beginning to feel like I'm getting the hang of this entire thing.

I've got a creature, and I want the skin on his upper body, lower body, and head to be all steel, along with his head (subject to change, but that's irrelevant, like a lot of little details I point out in these posts). However it's coughing up this at me.

Spoiler: error (click to show/hide)

So, the steel token is in the wrong place on the line, but where else would it go? And some auxilary questions, will changing the relative thickness in the creature file make the skin thicker, and as a result more durable, should he not be as durable as I want? I doubt it'll be an issue, but I'd like to know ahead of time so I can give you people some peace. :P

Spoiler: Creature (click to show/hide)

Thanks for hopefully the final time for a little bit! :D

EDIT: Metal tissue in the RAW now bolded because I forgot to do it the first time.

Figured it out, made all his skin steel, for anyone curious, change "TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY:STEEL" to "TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:STEEL", and erase the other lines. Not sure how to get localized steel skin on bodyparts but I'm pretty happy with this honestly.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:36:56 am by Seriyu »

CryptoCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6440 on: November 15, 2013, 11:09:41 am »

There currently not really any way to fix/workaround the bug wherein a stack of x produces only a single y, right?

(In this case I was working on expanding the hair/wool textile industry, but it's kinda useless if I can only produce one thread from an indeterminate amount of wool.)
[REFERENCE]Creature Errors - Starvation, immortals, unbreedables, pet problems:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136374.0

My unofficial Modest Mod update:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105871.msg5021367#msg5021367

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6441 on: November 15, 2013, 11:12:56 am »

I use a workaround in which specific creatures give specific threads, which can not be used in the "spin wool from thread" reaction, instead I use my own reactions, with a specific amount of cloth created. For example shearing sheep gives "fleece thread", and spinning fleece thread gives 3 units of cloth.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CryptoCactus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6442 on: November 15, 2013, 11:16:56 am »

Mmm, delicious. Good thinking. Thanks!
[REFERENCE]Creature Errors - Starvation, immortals, unbreedables, pet problems:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136374.0

My unofficial Modest Mod update:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105871.msg5021367#msg5021367

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6443 on: November 15, 2013, 12:06:51 pm »

Can the [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:X:X] token be transmitted by syndromes? I want to make dragons blood impart high damage resistance on anyone it touches.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6444 on: November 15, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »

Can the [MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:X:X] token be transmitted by syndromes? I want to make dragons blood impart high damage resistance on anyone it touches.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Syndrome

Yes it can. Just add [CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT: MATERIAL :#:#] to the syndrome.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6445 on: November 15, 2013, 12:58:26 pm »

Much appreciated. :)
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6446 on: November 15, 2013, 09:41:20 pm »

How is wood defined as a reagent for a custom reaction if I want any kind of wood to be used? Everything I've tried so far has just allowed the reaction to happen with no reagent and crashes the game afterward, I suspect because it tries to inherit its material from nothing. I am trying to make a splitting block to make 8 wood blocks from logs for construction purposes.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6447 on: November 15, 2013, 09:50:35 pm »

How is wood defined as a reagent for a custom reaction if I want any kind of wood to be used? Everything I've tried so far has just allowed the reaction to happen with no reagent and crashes the game afterward, I suspect because it tries to inherit its material from nothing. I am trying to make a splitting block to make 8 wood blocks from logs for construction purposes.

[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]

[PRODUCT:100:8:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6448 on: November 15, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

Thanks!
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #6449 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:22 pm »

What tags specifically effect what plants can grow (in a farm plot, not wild) in which biomes?

My plant changes have resulted, in the shrubland biome at the very least, only a couple of plants being growable period.

EDIT: For surface plants, to clarify, I know all underground plants are always growable anywhere anytime.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:57:54 pm by Seriyu »
Pages: 1 ... 428 429 [430] 431 432 ... 544