Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002279 times)

vityav

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6570 on: November 20, 2013, 11:28:13 am »

Are you sure your temperature is on?
Double and triple checked, though I imagine it wouldn't make magma if it wasn't. The only thing I can see different between this same thing in Masterwork and my test-case is he also includes an "announcement" product which makes autosyndrome say something every once in a while, but I can't see anything in those raws that would remove magma.  Though in his, each reaction is accompanied by a flash of purple smoke. Mine, though saying the material should boil and be purple, just turns to magma.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: November 20, 2013, 03:27:17 pm »

'Bout the dragonfire-proofing: I'd appreciate just a bit of general starting advice to set me in the right path. The rest I'll try and do myself, hopefully it'll be a learning experience since I haven't done much bodyparting/materials stuff yet. Might pop some additional questions here though, if I get stuck for an evening or two.

Basically, you need to move all of the body detail plans and associated stuff to caste-level, then make copies of every material the creature uses and modify them to not have heat damage or ignition/melting points.  It can all be done within the creature file, but it's far more efficient to use templates if you ever plan to do anything like it ever again.

Here's an example from one that I did:

Spoiler: not-fireproof caste (click to show/hide)

There are a couple of unnecessary repeats in there just to illustrate what stays the same - i.e. the blood material is defined twice and doesn't need to be.  What I did for the fireproof caste was to copy EVERY body material template, add "_FIREIMMUNE" to it, and modify the material properties so as not to be damaged by heat.  I then copied the STANDARD_MATERIALS body detail plan, replaced the materials with the new, fireproof ones, renamed it FIREIMMUNE_ADDITIONAL_MATERIALS, and called it.  I did the same for tissues, though I can't remember exactly why and what was different about the fireproof ones that I felt compelled to do that, so that probably isn't necessary.

Please note that if you plug this into your game as-is, it will throw you an enormous errorlog because you're missing all of my templates and detail plans.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: November 20, 2013, 04:18:03 pm »

Is it possible to make an Interaction that transforms a corpse into a friendly creature of a specific creature/caste?

I'm not certain if reanimation or resurrection would be more likely to work, though I'm leaning towards reanimation followed by a transformation effect. Would that work?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #6573 on: November 20, 2013, 04:51:26 pm »

Hm, I have this question. What happen if you transform pregnant female creature into male? Or even otherwise married creature into same gender of theirs spouse? I am reaaaaally curious about this...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: November 20, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »

Miscarriage, probably.

I've seen what happens when you transform a female creature into another female creature when they're pregnant.

They give birth. To babies of the transformed creature.

She had 3 children.

They were golden oozaru, which feature [CRAZED] and are 500 times as large as a normal saiyan.

And that was when I removed super saiyan giant monkeys from my mod. True story!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: November 20, 2013, 05:03:50 pm »

I believe Toady said that pregnancies are simply cancelled in the cases where a pregnant creature transforms into a non-female creature.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: November 20, 2013, 05:15:55 pm »

General question here, which stuff can I change 'on the fly' or while the game is running or does everything require at minimum, a game restart?

I know some things require a worldgen, but is there anything that can be changed and have the changes be applied while the game is running.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: November 20, 2013, 05:34:33 pm »

You can change anything that isn't entities without a regen. Adding or removing anything is a no-go.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: November 20, 2013, 05:43:29 pm »

You can change anything that isn't entities without a regen. Adding or removing anything is a no-go.

So, nothing can be done on the fly and have take effect while the game is running, correct? Like for example, you add [FLIER] to dwarves while the game is running (probably have to edit the save raws though), save the raw file and have it take effect right there.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:45:27 pm by smjjames »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: November 20, 2013, 05:56:41 pm »

The raws are loaded when the save is loaded.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: November 20, 2013, 06:13:03 pm »

The raws are loaded when the save is loaded.

Oh I see, so an application restart isn't actually neccesary.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:30 pm »

No, just a save+reload save.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: November 20, 2013, 06:50:31 pm »

Hm, how do I have a breath attack that is molten rock? I'm trying to give the modded armok one since I've decided that I don't want to splatter magma over everything I attack all the time. Well, I COULD, but there might be times where I don't want to.

I basically copied the magma crabs breath attack and while I did change it to gabbro or obsidian, it doesn't come out molten or anything. Checking out the other breath attack types though.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:57:52 pm by smjjames »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: November 20, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »

LIQUID_GLOB?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: November 20, 2013, 07:09:21 pm »

LIQUID_GLOB?

Tried, but it still says spinning obsidian or gabbro, not spinning molten obsidian or gabbro or whatever. Though I heard that there was a bug with the tag in that its not actually liquid since the magma crab is supposed to spit liquid globs but it doesn't actually spit molten basalt.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:53:04 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 544