Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999456 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #6930 on: January 06, 2014, 07:13:02 pm »

Yes. Or to be more precise: Creatures do not use interactions in worldgen, so just add the interactions, and they will use them in fort mode/adv mode when you meet them.
They wouldn't have been able to anyway, since I added the interaction about a decade after embark (it is in the correct folder). Maybe it'll kick in when the next batch of hatchlings come along? Slayrace / fullheal -r doesn't trigger it. (Edit:nope, new hatchlings don't get it.)

It does seem to be working correctly in the arena -- I added a diagnostic interaction in the form of the cleaning interaction, modified to have [IT_REQUIRES:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:CRAZED]. The dragon can only lick itself if it's done both 'Activate rage' and 'Act on rage'.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:53:52 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: January 08, 2014, 09:37:59 am »

I've got several new questions and i hope somebody could help me again.

1. Is it possible to have playable(in fortress mode) civ with [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE]?
2. Is it possible to make civ members not complain about having no shoes and clothes(they are not supposed to have any)?
3. What could be the reason for civ members appear in the pets/livestock list, but still be fully functional?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: January 08, 2014, 09:55:44 am »

1) Have you tried it yet?
2) Currently, [NOTHOUGHT] and/or [NOEMOTION] are the only ways to stop that from happening.
3) They probably have a [PET] tag or something somewhere.

Vozhban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:07 am »

1. Yes, i tried. Before I changed [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE] to [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY], civ didn't appear on the embark screen. So i am interested, if it is possible to somehow make it playable with [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE].
2. That's not good. And [NOEMOTION] disables (un)happines, doesn't it? Wiki discription is not very certain.
3. Well, only two castes have [INTELLIGENT] tag, others only have [CAN_LEARN]. That shoud be the problem, right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6934 on: January 08, 2014, 11:23:15 am »

It does seem to be working correctly in the arena -- I added a diagnostic interaction in the form of the cleaning interaction, modified to have [IT_REQUIRES:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:CRAZED]. The dragon can only lick itself if it's done both 'Activate rage' and 'Act on rage'.
This is so beautiful, why didnt I think of this before? Abilities that only unlock, when the creature is undead. I can add this to all sapient races, and make their zombies so much more menacing. :)

Are ghosts opposed to life?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: January 08, 2014, 12:29:35 pm »

In interactions, there is the following token: IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS  which causes creatures with that syndrome class to not be affected by the interaction. However, is there a token to make it so only creatures with that syndrome (not creature) class be affected by the interaction? The wiki seems to indicate otherwise, but I thought I'd ask.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6936 on: January 08, 2014, 12:37:12 pm »

In interactions, there is the following token: IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS  which causes creatures with that syndrome class to not be affected by the interaction. However, is there a token to make it so only creatures with that syndrome (not creature) class be affected by the interaction? The wiki seems to indicate otherwise, but I thought I'd ask.
No, sadly this is missing. You can simulate it by affecting all creatures with an interaction, and adding an interaction that blocks that to the creatures you want to have affected. Its hacky, but works.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: January 08, 2014, 08:02:05 pm »

I added itemthief to a civ.  They show up to steal and build towers and all that jazz.  But several forts in, they gave yet to attack.  No ambushes, tho thats due to missing that tag.  but no sieges.  [item_thief] implies an eventual siege, even tho i didnt add skulker?  they have an active season.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 08:19:51 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: January 08, 2014, 09:47:45 pm »

Another option for a 'requires syndrome class' token is [IT_REQUIRES:<combination of tokens found only on valid target>], as shown above.

You may need some extra work to account for creatures who have enough tokens naturally to overlap a syndrome-afflicted creature, either in the interaction (forbid tokens that no valid target will have) or in the raws for the other creature (apply synclass 'accidental target', or remove tokens until no longer a valid target). Generated creatures have suites of tags.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Are ghosts opposed to life?
I think they'd be a lot more violent if they were...

I wonder if [BP_REQUIRED:<upper body>] would be a valid way of separating ghosts from the living?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: January 08, 2014, 10:54:51 pm »

I have searched through this thread and gleaned several useful bits of information, and combined together to produce the following reaction:
To start somewhere with Modding, extra bins are always handy. entity_default.txt has the appropriate [PERMITTED_REACTION:CUSTOM_BIN_GLASS]
tag, and the reaction in the Spoiler above is at the bottom of reaction_other.txt. The Job shows up. in both the workshop and manager, can be ordered and preformed. A Dorf happily runs over to do the job, however takes no item into the shop, and nothing is produced afterwards. I added the [FUEL] tag and reloaded the map so I could check the reaction error.
I see the correct product, and it asks for Sand-containing item. But also Rock. If anyone could help me iron out the quirks I'd be most appreciative.
I noticed just before posting that the sand reagent line still ends in (sand) which is as i copied from here. I tried changing it to SOIL_SAND which is a Tag that all the sand types share, but my guess is that is still incorrect, but I am not sure which one to use.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: January 09, 2014, 03:33:36 am »

Instead of this:
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:sand:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:(sand)]
You want this:
[REAGENT:sand:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SAND]
To make this work, you need [REACTION_CLASS:SAND] in all your sand material definitions.

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: January 09, 2014, 01:16:43 pm »

In my quest to make a small mod, I've run across trouble when making a reaction to make a bone item.

I've tried several variations to see if it would work, but this is the basic concept, however the reaction won't show up in the workshop.

[REACTION:BONEDAGGER1]
   [NAME:Craft a bone dagger]
   [BUILDING:WOOD_WEAVER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6942 on: January 09, 2014, 01:20:39 pm »

In my quest to make a small mod, I've run across trouble when making a reaction to make a bone item.

I've tried several variations to see if it would work, but this is the basic concept, however the reaction won't show up in the workshop.

[REACTION:BONEDAGGER1]
   [NAME:Craft a bone dagger]
   [BUILDING:WOOD_WEAVER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_DAGGER_LARGE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
The reaction looks perfectly fine.

Here is one that I use, as comparison:

[REACTION:WARLOCK_BONE_AXE]
[NAME:Make bone axe]
[BUILDING:BONE_FORGE_WARLOCK:CUSTOM_B]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL][USE_BODY_COMPONENT]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_SERRATED:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: January 09, 2014, 01:23:16 pm »

Did you add the permissions to the entity? [PERMITTED_REACTION:BONEDAGGER1] should go under the entity you play as.

Did you create a new world when you created the reaction? New reactions cannot be added to an ongoing game, though already existing reactions can be altered.

Urist McEngraver

• Bay Watcher
  • I like german.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: January 09, 2014, 01:52:46 pm »

I did add the reaction to entity_default and I did gen a new world, but it won't show up. Is it because I'm playing as elves?
Also, if you've got wooden furniture in the dining hall, you have some big issues anyways.
This is Dwarf Fortress, not the Fluffy Wambler Express.
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 544