Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002116 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7410 on: March 28, 2014, 08:13:15 am »

Is there a way to make a syndrome's effect activate when a unit is tantruming? I'd love to make my mages turn into berserk dragons and sea serpents when they tantrum.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: March 28, 2014, 08:33:25 am »

I'm pretty sure there isn't.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7412 on: March 28, 2014, 08:42:14 am »

Is there a way to make a syndrome's effect activate when a unit is tantruming? I'd love to make my mages turn into berserk dragons and sea serpents when they tantrum.

Only thing you can get close to that is GROUNDED_ANIMAL_ANGER and I think only animals get this COUNTER, and normally you could probably have it so a mage will need his space and freak out. But like I said, will probably only work on animals. This counter goes on a syndrome CE effect.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: March 28, 2014, 09:09:19 am »

On looking at the COUNTER_TRIGGER arguments on the wiki it appears to be impossible. Darn.

mattychan

• Bay Watcher
  • Less than dabbling DF Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: March 30, 2014, 12:01:54 am »

Hey guys been a lil while since i asked a question but i can't tell if it works it seems to but idk.
anyway is it possible to define learn rates of skills (eg, mining, wood cutting) in caste?
basically people being born to do a certain thing, and if it is, should they show up knowing that skill only or the regular mix.
If I ask a dumb question, please tell me. So we can bond over it.
Clearly egotistical. Moon Elves Rule!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: March 30, 2014, 02:09:16 am »

Hey guys been a lil while since i asked a question but i can't tell if it works it seems to but idk.
anyway is it possible to define learn rates of skills (eg, mining, wood cutting) in caste?
basically people being born to do a certain thing, and if it is, should they show up knowing that skill only or the regular mix.

I don't know if it will affect the mix of skills learned in world-gen, but you can give different castes different learning rates for various skills.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: March 30, 2014, 10:02:14 am »

I don't know if it will affect the mix of skills learned in world-gen, but you can give different castes different learning rates for various skills.

If I set [SKILL_RATES:0:0:0:0] on dwarves, generate a world, remove the token, and then embark:

- Dwarves at my fortress can learn as normal.
- Most migrants are historical skillless peasants or children. Perfect for assigning into whatever professions I want.
- Some migrants (~30%?) are randomly skilled non-historical dwarves with biased professions (mostly farming/fishing types).

So no matter what you do with learning rates, the game will create migrants out of thin air and give them random skills only limited to any skill that the civilization allows.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: March 30, 2014, 10:59:14 am »

I been getting errors from a custom color pattern recently:

Here's the error log line:
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature AFRICAN WILD DOG
Unrecognized Color Token: SPOTS_BUFF_CHARCOAL_DARK_BROWN

and here's the color pattern file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

here's a piece of the creature raw:

Also always when i make a material and apply it to a creature it gives me a error that the material was not found.
And a piece of the material raw:

Same thing with custom tissue templates.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:08:47 am by Magnusen »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: March 30, 2014, 02:34:33 pm »

Does anyone know a way I could look at the raws for randomly generated things, like demons or evil rain?

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: March 30, 2014, 02:40:42 pm »

How do i make MASTERWORK accept my damn Anikki tileset to be used? Seriously it looks awesome. And i have done everything you are suppose to according to tileset repository instructions to get my tileset. YET it wont work. 

ANybody here know how i go about doing this? its 20x20.png

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: March 30, 2014, 05:57:45 pm »

Does anyone know a way I could look at the raws for randomly generated things, like demons or evil rain?
Sorry that's hardcoded (you cannot modify them in the raws)

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: March 30, 2014, 06:06:22 pm »

How do i make MASTERWORK accept my damn Anikki tileset to be used? Seriously it looks awesome. And i have done everything you are suppose to according to tileset repository instructions to get my tileset. YET it wont work. 

ANybody here know how i go about doing this? its 20x20.png
You have to edit the init.txt in data/init folder to make it show up.Find the following entries (i using phoebus as a example):

and replace them with the EXACT name of the tileset file in the data/art folder (in this example i switching to mayday):

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: March 30, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »

This is wrong. They can be easily viewed using DFHack or (I believe) uncompressed saves. Note that TheFlame did not ask how to modify them, only how to view them.

Magnusen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: March 31, 2014, 12:04:19 am »

This is wrong. They can be easily viewed using DFHack or (I believe) uncompressed saves. Note that TheFlame did not ask how to modify them, only how to view them.
Didn't know that was possible.Thanks for the information.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: March 31, 2014, 08:00:38 pm »

What DFhack command so I use? Is it included already in basic DFhack?
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 544