Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002233 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7650 on: May 07, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »

As far as I know that should be fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: May 07, 2014, 06:00:00 pm »

Megabeasts are terribly fickle about crashes, mind.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7652 on: May 07, 2014, 06:11:03 pm »

Adding LAIR:### helps with that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: May 07, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »

Adding LAIR:### helps with that.

Also, if they're missing biomes or pretty much anything else that could cause any problem with placing whatsoever. I'm not sure if having both tokens could be one of those things.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: May 07, 2014, 06:58:39 pm »

If I were to start a fort with the intention of embarking with, say, 20-40 dwarves and no more migrants, what would be the best way to execute a dwarfsplosion?

I assume that putting in a [MULTIPLE_LITTERS_COMMON] and [LITTERSIZE:1:X] where X is an arbitrary number I would settle on before I genned the world?

Also, I assume it's possible to mod dwarves so they reproduce via eggs (not planning on trying it, just asking)?

Actually that would make an interesting fortress. Make it so female dwarves demand nest boxes, and then you'd have to choose between eating dwarf eggs or hoping dwarves hatch.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: May 07, 2014, 07:09:41 pm »

If I were to start a fort with the intention of embarking with, say, 20-40 dwarves and no more migrants, what would be the best way to execute a dwarfsplosion?

I assume that putting in a [MULTIPLE_LITTERS_COMMON] and [LITTERSIZE:1:X] where X is an arbitrary number I would settle on before I genned the world?

[MULTIPLE_LITTERS_COMMON] isn't a real tag, though [LITTERSIZE:min:max] will work.

Also, I assume it's possible to mod dwarves so they reproduce via eggs (not planning on trying it, just asking)?

Actually that would make an interesting fortress. Make it so female dwarves demand nest boxes, and then you'd have to choose between eating dwarf eggs or hoping dwarves hatch.

It can be done, though I wouldn't recommend it. It would be difficult to keep your dwarf on the nest for three months straight.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: May 07, 2014, 07:27:06 pm »

[MULTIPLE_LITTERS_COMMON] isn't a real tag, though [LITTERSIZE:min:max] will work.

It can be done, though I wouldn't recommend it. It would be difficult to keep your dwarf on the nest for three months straight.

Ah. I was browsing through a few raws for the very first time and saw the multiple litters rare tag, and thought that there must be a multiple litters common tag.

and about eggs, yeah.......that would be the trick, wouldn't it?

there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: May 07, 2014, 07:28:15 pm »

Well, not having the tag would be the equivalent of that non-existent anti-tag, wouldn't it?

(such negativity in this post)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: May 08, 2014, 12:11:04 am »

I want to make a creature with nigh-invincible hide, but that dies instantly if it's eyes are damaged. Can that be done?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:48 am »

Make its eyes actually a pair o' brains named "eyes"... or maybe just one brain named "eyes".

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: May 08, 2014, 08:30:59 am »

Make its eyes actually a pair o' brains named "eyes"... or maybe just one brain named "eyes".
I thought an Ettin with two brains could survive on one brain?  In that case a single brain called "eyes" is definitely the way to go.

It will take some finessing to get the facial feature locations to be consistent, but the end should be exactly what Enemy post had in mind.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: May 08, 2014, 12:22:52 pm »

I applied Wanderer's Friend and then changed all the entity site types to CITY. I also added [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to everything. When I start a kobold or goblin character, I'm unable to talk in the town I spawn in, and as soon as I leave and enter another town, I get attacked on sight, even if it's a town from my civilization. It seems to have caused a mini loyalty cascade as well, since one of the kobolds that attacked me died in the fight to the other kobolds from that town. Unfortunately, kobolds have very bad aim, so I got quite a few counter-attacks off on them, making me an enemy of the civilization.

Is there some tag I missed? Is this a bug? I'll upload the save later today, but it was just the changes I outlined here plus the MEDIUM REGION preset with [REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:0] and the seed "Dwarf Fortress".

Edit: Here's the world: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8557
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:50:00 pm by BenLubar »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: May 08, 2014, 12:40:06 pm »

[LOCAL_BANDITRY] causes your problem.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: May 09, 2014, 01:42:46 am »

In a custom race, is it possible to create (a caste of?) Snatchers and Thieves that are children, and restrict the Snatchers/Thieves to ONLY children--no adults as snatchers ever?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: May 09, 2014, 08:34:22 am »

In a custom race, is it possible to create (a caste of?) Snatchers and Thieves that are children, and restrict the Snatchers/Thieves to ONLY children--no adults as snatchers ever?

There's no way to restrict snatcher and thieve jobs to a specific caste, as far as I know.
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 544