Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 530 531 [532] 533 534 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 999537 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7965 on: June 19, 2014, 03:32:00 pm »

Note that you can't add anything without making a new world.

Also, you definitely need that and if you actually have that "not sure" thing in the file it might be doing something odd.

urist nazushvel

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Blood O' Lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #7966 on: June 19, 2014, 03:38:48 pm »

Thanks both of you guys and I figured no with liquids seeing as no one had made a blood mod oh well I will just have to figure out a new idea thanks for the advice.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7967 on: June 19, 2014, 04:32:22 pm »

Thanks both of you guys and I figured no with liquids seeing as no one had made a blood mod oh well I will just have to figure out a new idea thanks for the advice.
you can make LIQUID_MISC, which is stored in containers, or new blood DRINKs that are used instead of booze, but you cant make an actual liquids that flows around the map like magma/water.

In theory you can turn temperature off, and use insolors string dump replacer to change magma to blood. :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7968 on: June 19, 2014, 07:18:30 pm »

Considering that this has over 500 pages, please forgive me if this question has already been asked.

Is it possible to mod in a new biome?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7969 on: June 19, 2014, 08:06:49 pm »

No.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7970 on: June 20, 2014, 09:41:31 am »

For one reason or another, my race (the Risens from my mod) sometimes show Tired and complain of being tired, despite having [NOSTUN], [NOEXERT], and [NO_SLEEP], as well as some other, less-relevant things. Is this a byproduct of anything else?
I can happily supply their entire file if that would be helpful.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen with the Fallens, although I haven't done extensive testing of them yet (the Risens are much newer).

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7971 on: June 20, 2014, 02:11:55 pm »

If you have more than one [MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL] on a plant will it produce all of the products, only the last one, or a random one?

e.g.

[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL_1]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL_2]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL_3]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7972 on: June 20, 2014, 02:37:27 pm »

If you have more than one [MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL] on a plant will it produce all of the products, only the last one, or a random one?

e.g.

[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL_1]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL_2]
[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL_3]
I am curious as well. I have never gotten multiple drink/mill materials to work.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7973 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38:10 pm »

Say I add [NOFEAR] to a creature's raws in a save file. Will the token take effect on creatures already born and created during the whole worldgen process or will it only apply to creature made after the change was made? I seem to recall hearing something like that happened.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7974 on: June 20, 2014, 03:40:27 pm »

All of 'em in most cases.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7975 on: June 20, 2014, 03:49:11 pm »

This gets to the idea of just how much is stored about a historical figure.  Obviously a non-historical figure generated on the spot will use the new creature tags, even if it is nominally older than the Rule Change.  But since tags can be changed by various methods, would it apply to already-historical figures?  And if it does, does that mean only "tag changes from standard" are stored?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Mirkrali

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7976 on: June 20, 2014, 03:56:00 pm »

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here but, in trying to create a new civ, I've ended up with a useless lot that apparently cannot even pick up their tools. In the current job list, all of my members show up as "tame". Could someone check this out and tell me what I've done wrong? I've scoured my raws for ages and cant tell what's up

Creature
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Entity
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7977 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:55 pm »

This gets to the idea of just how much is stored about a historical figure.  Obviously a non-historical figure generated on the spot will use the new creature tags, even if it is nominally older than the Rule Change.  But since tags can be changed by various methods, would it apply to already-historical figures?  And if it does, does that mean only "tag changes from standard" are stored?
Well, if I'm not mistaken, the starting 7 are always historical figures, and I forgot to add [INTELLIGENT] to my race once, added it, and it worked. I assume (almost) all changes work instantly upon reload.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7978 on: June 20, 2014, 07:38:18 pm »

Tags aren't stored in the unit/hist fig at all; there's nothing about a unit that says it can fly. Everything is stored in the game's copy of the raws, which are read upon game load. Even the syndrome-changed tokens are their own special couple of structures that have flags for whether or not the token is added/removed, which I assume is checked alongside (probably before) the creature raw's data on it.

bughunter

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is like a baby, it has layers.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7979 on: June 21, 2014, 11:57:20 am »

Note that you can't add anything without making a new world.

Also, you definitely need that and if you actually have that "not sure" thing in the file it might be doing something odd.
No, the "not sure" part I added afterward.
Anyone else here want some kitten leather thongs?