Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002377 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #8040 on: July 01, 2014, 08:00:31 am »

Are you trying to make is a gas? If so you can try adding SYN_INHALED to the syndrome.

It will spread as a gas - but do you think making it a liquid is better for contact poisons?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: July 01, 2014, 10:10:42 am »

Are you trying to make is a gas? If so you can try adding SYN_INHALED to the syndrome.

It will spread as a gas - but do you think making it a liquid is better for contact poisons?

Gasses don't seem to actually touch anything. Unfortunately, solids melting into liquids just turn into puddles.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: July 01, 2014, 01:18:41 pm »

Might have to make the bomb a liquid then, which is well weird.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8043 on: July 02, 2014, 08:23:44 am »

I have a question.

Can I somehow create hiveable-vermin in a reaction? I know that vermin can be created, and I think I can even put them into animal traps, but I think I remember that the beekeeper would be too stupid to use them.

Should work like this:
 - Buy bees
 - Get bee-item or live bee vermin in animal trap/container
 - Set up hive
 - Have beekeeper plant the bees into the hive.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: July 02, 2014, 11:07:14 am »

Does anyone know how the times in syndromes compare in-game? Can someone at least tell me what a day is in syndrome-time?

EDIT: Nevermind. There are 1200 ticks in a fort mode day.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:10:29 am by TheFlame52 »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: July 02, 2014, 11:37:06 am »

When modding in civilizations is there anything I need to look out for and any tips/tricks to avoid commonly made problems?
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: July 02, 2014, 12:19:15 pm »

Entity_xxyyzz.txt only sticks during world generation. Get ready to make a new pocket world every time you make some changes.

Oh, and with nobles? Hold off on APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH. It does weird shit when it's attached to anyone other than lesser rulers and liaisons.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: July 02, 2014, 01:46:21 pm »

Question:

When using coins in a reaction, is it possible to just specify a value needed, instead of a specific type of coin. For example, can I just say you need to pay 10,000 dwarf bucks instead having three reactions for X gold coins, Y silver coins, Z copper coins? (I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but in case I forgot about something I figured I would ask)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8048 on: July 02, 2014, 01:48:29 pm »

Question:

When using coins in a reaction, is it possible to just specify a value needed, instead of a specific type of coin. For example, can I just say you need to pay 10,000 dwarf bucks instead having three reactions for X gold coins, Y silver coins, Z copper coins? (I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but in case I forgot about something I figured I would ask)
No.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: July 02, 2014, 02:16:05 pm »

Entity_xxyyzz.txt only sticks during world generation. Get ready to make a new pocket world every time you make some changes.

Oh, and with nobles? Hold off on APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH. It does weird shit when it's attached to anyone other than lesser rulers and liaisons.

That's good to know, that might've screwed up a lot of ideas I had..

I can make Entity_X files for each new civilization and it'll load them from the folder right? or is there somewhere I need to call them at?

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: July 02, 2014, 02:23:25 pm »

Sure you can and sure it will. However, they must have the file's name at the very tippy-top as an identifier hook and the appropriate [OBJECT:token] before any of the civilization gobbledygook.

Look at the start of entity_default.txt to see what I mean.

e: Oh! And the game is pretty strict about filenames. The entity files MUST be named entity underscore stuff dot txt.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:25:42 pm by scamtank »

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: July 02, 2014, 02:32:35 pm »

Sure you can and sure it will. However, they must have the file's name at the very tippy-top as an identifier hook and the appropriate [OBJECT:token] before any of the civilization gobbledygook.

e: Oh! And the game is pretty strict about filenames. The entity files MUST be named entity underscore stuff dot txt.

I love you, you just made organizing things a thousand times easier.

Where would I call the Entity junk? Over in the Creature file I assume?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: July 02, 2014, 02:37:32 pm »

Are you mixing something up? Entities (civilizations) have creatures assigned to them, not the other way around.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: July 02, 2014, 02:39:32 pm »

I love you, you just made organizing things a thousand times easier.

Where would I call the Entity junk? Over in the Creature file I assume?
It's the other way around... the entity calls the creature.

You can put more than one creature in an entity, but it doesn't do what you'd expect.  Each time the entity is instantiated as a civilization, it uses one of the creatures available to that entity.  The whole civ will be a single creature type (not counting babysnatching).  An example is how certain Animal Men are handled in vanilla.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: July 02, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »

Ah, gotcha yea was getting it backwards for some reason.

Interesting how the animal men work, so is it not possible to do integrated civilizations with multiple races present at once without babysnatchers?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:56:54 pm by Shadowclaimer »

Pages: 1 ... 535 536 [537] 538 539 ... 544