Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256355 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 1
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2012, 09:33:06 am »

I open the season trying to stop a pass attack, eh? Well, straight into the fire with me, then! Of course, I'm sure Ank will feel similarly, having to face a relatively heavy hitting team off the top...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2012, 10:38:37 am »

Kobb's Khorne vs. w00t w00t

After all the discussion of my high TV, w00t w00t actually came into the game higher, 1810 to 1790, which amused me.

W1: Khorne elects to kick off, and sets up in Full Frontal Brutality. The kickoff lands right behind Berethorvier, the Wood Elf Passer. A treeman opens up one side of the field, which a wardancer runs down toward the end zone. Berethorvier picks up the ball, and tosses it to a nearby catcher. The catcher runs downfield, but runs too far, too fast, and falls over.

K1: The minotaur has a nearby catcher, who he decides to block. First choice: 2 both down, 1 push. Second choice: 2 both down, 1 attacker down. D'oh!

W2: The wardancer picks up the ball the catcher left lying there for her, and runs it in to score.

K2: TAB goes back to receive the kickoff. A quick snap allows the entire front line to get stuck in. TAB picks up the ball and runs it forward. Two elves go out, including a wardancer with a broken neck.

W3: An unguarded elven lineman runs beside TAB. The remaining wardancer dodges several times and knocks TAB over. The ball bounces into the lineman's hands.

K3: A blitz against the ballcarrier just pushes him back. The Khorne team swarms around the knot of elves.

W4: w00t w00t also runs their players toward the ball. An attempted pass goes awry, and the ball lands just outside the scrum.

K4: TAB picks up the ball, runs forward, and tosses it downfield to NATAB, who runs it yet farther downfield toward the elven end zone.

W5: Some bad breaks on blocks lead to the elves pushing a bunch of chaos players around. A lineman attempting to dodge out of the scrum falls over.

K5: Another elf goes down to injury. NATAB takes the ball to the goal line.

W6: The treeman knocks himself over trying to double-block. (Ank didn't mean to use multiblock here... I'm guessing he needed to turn off the auto-use in a menu somewhere. Kanil has mentioned having that problem with Wrestling.)

K6: NATAB holds on the goal line, while the rest of the team knocks over everything except one wardancer, which, after 3 dice involving 7 block dice, still refuses to go down.

W7: w00t w00t has had enough of the scrum, and stand up their team and start running toward NATAB.

K7: A blitz knocks over an elf, and a foul against a down lineman gets the ref's attention. ndkid is livid at the ref's interference, but he's quite insistent.

W8: A lineman gets beside NATAB.

K8: NATAB knocks over the lineman and runs in for the score.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 w00t w00t

K9: Khorne stays in their previous TAB-back formation. Also, it begins to snow. TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to NATAB. The Khorne team forms a wall around NATAB.

W9: The wood elves collect together and knock over a chaos warrior. The wardancer knocks herself over trying to take out Prehensile Tail.

K10: Khorne knock over some elves and push the ball forward one square.

W10: The wardancer knocks over TAB, getting herself beside NATAB as a result.

K11: The Khorne team decides it's time for blood for the Blood God. One elf gets injured, another one killed, and the ARM6 wardancer goes down to injury, as well.

W11: An attempt by a catcher to dodge fails, stunning him.

K12: NATAB holds on the goal line.

W12: The treeman can't get up.

K13: NATAB holds on the goal line.

W13: The treeman can't get up.

K14: A lineman with block and dodge (also known as a wardancer in training) refuses to fall down.

W14: A lineman injures himself failing to dodge. A catcher gets beside NATAB.

K15: The catcher gets knocked over. The wardancer in training gets knocked over.

W15: The knocked over catcher gets beside NATAB again.

K16: NATAB pushes the catcher away and runs in for the score.

W16:

Final Thoughts: The turn with multiple casualties was the decisive one. Before that, the ability of ank's team to sneak in for a quick punch at my ball carrier and then quickly move the ball back downfield away from me was scary.  I also ended up doing something I *hate* doing with a passion: sitting on the goal line. Twice. This was completely a nod to my respect to ank's offense... I just didn't feel like I could afford to give them two turns at the end of a half with which to score.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2012, 12:48:07 pm »

And we've got the first game of the season completed. Celebrations!

ndkid, you still participating in the side cup? (If so, sign up. :P)

Same question to Xanatos Jr.?

I'm fine with playing it, or abandoning it -- just want an answer.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 08:16:42 pm »

And we've got the first game of the season completed. Celebrations!

ndkid, you still participating in the side cup? (If so, sign up. :P)

Same question to Xanatos Jr.?

I'm fine with playing it, or abandoning it -- just want an answer.
My apologies, I got confused with the cup getting sent out being chased so quickly with the season starting, so I concluded the Cup will be getting set aside. I will sign up presently.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:29 pm »

The Ogrish Royal Guard manages a 2-2 tie against Manner Pylon.

Pylon wins the coin flip, elects to recieve. The kick lands in the mid-field and the thrower moves to scoop it up. Sadly, no one told him that it was 'grease the ball' day, and he manages a 1/36 double critical fail.

The ogres move to take advantage of this, but because of a misclick on my part, the first ogre to arrive on the scene elects to move on the ball, instead of next to it. He doesn't get the 6 he'd need to pick it up, so it goes bouncing away.

The thrower dodges, picks up the ball from under the ogre's nose, dodges away, then hands off to a nearby gutter runner, who runs deep into the Ogre backfield. A rat lineman is KO'd on a both down with an ogre.

The Ogres, having only snotlings back there, attempt to fling a little more muscle to help. A snotling is picked up, but the ogre fumbles him, and he drops to the ground by the ogre's feet, dead. Two snotlings rush the ballcarrier, and a 1d block results in a both down. The brave snotling to do this is KO'd.

A different gutter runner runs in, picks up the ball, and scores. 1-0.

The Scaven kick is long, and the ball is handed to an Ogre. Progress is slow, but rats are being KO'd left and right. Finally, an opening appears, and the ball-carrier ogre with a couple snotlings make a break for the endzone. They get swarmed by rats, who make sure that there's no easy blitz for the ballcarrier that would let him get away without a dodge.

On the second-to-last turn of the half, one ogre hits a rat, pushing the ballcarrier to one side. The ballcarrier hits a gutter runner, killing him. Next turn, a rat goes after the ballcarrier, but skulls out. The ballcarrier blitzes the remaining rat and runs in the score. 1-1.

Halftime, noone wakes up on either team.

Second half, a rat is SI'd off the line. The ball is picked up by a snotling, run forward, handed off to another snotling, who is then picked up, and thrown downfield. He hits a gutter runner, stunning the snotling, but only knocking down the runner.  The ball is picked up by the catcher, handed off to another runner, and run downfield. A snotling and an Ogre move onto the ballcarrier. A linerat is KO'd. The snotling is knocked down and the gutter dodges away and runs far along the line.

Another linerat is SI'd, but the ballcarrier is out of reach. Ballcarrier goes into the far corner. A snotling with the help of 3 friends stuns a runner on a foul. An ogre and two snotlings cage in the ballcarrier. The gutter runner runs it in for 2-1.

1 snotling and 2 linerats wake up - It's 9 Ogre players to 7 rats at the 13th. Kickoff is a blitz for the rats, who move both gutters on to the ball. The ball bounces away from the rats, and on my turn, one of the gutters is KO'd on a blitz and the other goes in the KO box to a 2d snotling block.

A snotling picks up the ball, and, since time's running short, I have a snotling do a 1d block on a stormvermin to clear up the rat backfield. The block works, and things are looking good... right till a line rat dodges away from his ogre, makes two GFIs (needs to reroll the first) then makes a 3d block on the snotling ballcarrier... However, dodge saves the snotling, and we're still good to go!

A 3d block stuns the only rat that's still in position to do me harm, the ballcarrier hands off to another snotling, who runs within easy walking distance of the endzone. On turn 16, TD! 2-2.

The final play sees an easy pass from the catcher to a gutter runner for a SPP.

Great game Jartol!

Overall, I'd say I got very lucky with my snotlings - the only one to get hurt was the one I killed trying to throw. The rest only got KO'd, or even more often just knocked down or pushed. Given how horrible snotling armor is (and the fact that tichy adds to their fagility) I really lucked out there.

I also had the luck that although I got a fair number of boneheads, I never lost a blitz to one.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:33:10 pm by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2012, 04:49:12 pm »

Side cup is underway. OP is finally finished, unless it needs something else?

My game is scheduled for this Thursday. Any word on your match, Charmander/Xanatos Jr.?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2012, 06:59:11 pm »

I... *think* I sent him a PM. Didn't save it if I did, but...

Edit: Arranged for tomorrow. Hrm...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:31:48 pm by Charmander »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2012, 03:55:52 pm »

Last two games were played today, so we're onto the next week!

Matchups for Week Two:
AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard versuss Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads
Jartol - Manner Pylon versus Kanil - Self Inflicted

ank - w00t w00t versus Xanatos Jr. - Lutefisk Legion
ndkid - Kobb's Khorne versus Charmander - Sahagin Stormers

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 4, Week 2
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2012, 05:44:09 pm »

Can you undo that? Charmander bluescreened in our match. We didn't finish it.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2012, 05:54:12 pm »

Unfortunately, I cannot.

I assumed your game was over, for I figured you'd be in contact with me if something had gone wrong.

All I can do now is offer the both of you my apologies.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »

Well, now I feel bad about not-winning.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2012, 07:45:00 am »

AlStar - Ogrish Royal Guard versuss Burnt Pies - Brunch's Big Bads

Pies, I see that you're in an inconvenient time zone - what's your availability look like this weekend?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2012, 08:11:57 am »

Erh... yeah, we managed to play three turns in all - I managed to get the ball to Tyrr, who, while stopped initially, got back up, dodged, picked up and dodged twice to score in my second turn.

And I bluescreened shortly after my kick off... I would have said something but didn't think you'd be so quick in pushing forward. Besides, you had your own game at the same time, and there's not really much I can do if you don't tab-out between the end of your game and the start of the new week...

For future reference, this isn't unlikely to happen again, so... just be aware if I have an unfinished game. Though I would have thought it would have said.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2012, 11:41:56 am »

I'm free all weekend, from ~5PM to 5AM.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 11:46:54 am »

I'm free all weekend, from ~5PM to 5AM.

Sounds good - are you on Steam? It doesn't say on the front page. Otherwise I'll have to check when exactly would be best when I get back home, so that we can meet in-game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 149