Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 255620 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 1 - TT S6, W1
« Reply #2160 on: September 02, 2015, 09:00:30 am »

Is there anyone who would like a Fumbbl Stunty Leeg tournament? I will manage it if noone else volunteers.
There's a thread specifically for people who play FUMBBL here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125159.0

Not to say nobody here would be willing to join, but the people there are more likely to have accounts and know the quirks of FUMBBL...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: September 05, 2015, 04:22:03 pm »

All matches have been played and the week has advanced!

Week Two Main League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - We move for nobody vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls
i2amroy - The Fools vs Sinistar - Da Grin Party
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS

Week Two Training League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - Cuddle puddle vs Silent_Thunder - Champions of the Ring
SpottedWobbegong - Blackfang Viper vs Kanil - Sapphire Raptors
Sinistar - Krystal Kommandos vs i2amroy - The Mad Hatters!!
Kansa - Da Crushas vs THE_SLAYA - Slip'n'slam

The week will advance next Monday, let me know if there are any issues.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:08:01 pm by THE_SLAYA »

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 05, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »

Is it possible to join the training tournament? I just got the right expansion and the front page seemed to suggest that the tourney is open for joiners.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 06, 2015, 04:00:16 pm »

Is it possible to join the training tournament? I just got the right expansion and the front page seemed to suggest that the tourney is open for joiners.
Sadly once we start a season the people in it are locked (unless someone drops out, which would open up a slot for you to join in that particular tournament), so we don't have any open slots right now. Since this season is only 1 week in it's probably gonna still be a fair bit until the end of the season (probably at least a couple of months). On the other hand you can take this time to play some practice games against the computer and learn the basic rules; the training league may be new teams, but it's still a good idea to at least have much of the basics down before you try to join. (Personally I suggest playing against a "medium" Computer difficulty, since they are actually harder to beat in most cases than the "hard" computers are).

Also I'd suggest taking the time to go read pretty much all of bbtactics.com if you haven't already. Once the season finished we'd be happy to have you join us though, and if someone drops out of a league you are always welcome to get some practice throwaway games in before the season ends (though such a thing would disqualify that team from participating in the training league the following season, so I wouldn't do it with a serious team).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 2 - TT S6, W2
« Reply #2164 on: September 08, 2015, 12:28:57 pm »

Thanks for explaining! I guess I'll try to join next season.

But I won't be allowed to play a team I've leveled up in computer matches right? 

I've had the game sans expansion for a while, so I am familiar with it, just not the new teams.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 08, 2015, 12:45:39 pm »

That's correct, I don't think you can even play games single player then use the team in competitive leagues to begin with, but this league forbids specifically using teams that have played games outside the league...

Feel free to pick whatever team you're comfortable with, or one that sounds fun, most of us aren't pros here.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: September 09, 2015, 11:52:55 am »

We move for nobody 1-1 Shambles 'n' Snarls

The game started with a large difference in TV, Kanil got two Star players and a potion which didn't work, as well as getting a few loners due to only having 7 players. The first half ended up being a huge pileup of players, punches thrown and several injuries to the necromantic team which were regenerated and one injured blocker. The ch dorf team managed to grab the ball and run it halfway to the endzone before the whistle was blown, and the necromantic team never managed to break through the dorf defensive line.

The second half, one of the bull centaurs got pushed off the pitch and the chaos dorfs got spread out thinly. The ball carrier hobgoblin managed to slip past a dodge or two and score a touchdown. The final drive, the necromantic team piled up on one side of the field and smashed through the defense, only for their ball carrier werewolf to be punched out by a bull centaur (the same one that they had pushed off the pitch earlier). The ball fell right next to the endzone, within reach of the other werewolf. With some pushing and a dodge, the werewolf slipped through, picked up the ball and scored.

injuries: 2 MNGs for chaos dorfs, one on a bull centaur and one on a blocker. All the meaningful necromantic injuries regened.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 09, 2015, 05:27:18 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks 2 - 0 Naturan Demanto

A tense match on my end; only a timely bit of Skaven-brand luck saved a 1-0 lead at halftime (both for the score and for the subsequent defense,) while the lack of the right dice at the right time kept the Necromantic team from smashing apart a midfield scrum, grabbing the ball, and tying it up. It could easily have been 0-2 the other way.

No major injuries either way (each side has an expensive player MNG, I think, but that's about it) but the SPP for the Skaven should top off a few levels, including the ST3 Gutter Runner. Not a bad showing against the coach who introduced me to Skaven, I think.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: September 12, 2015, 11:55:00 am »

Slip'n'slam 4-0 Da Crushas

The elves proved surprisingly sturdy this match, only taking a few BH's late in the second half while inflicting a MNG (on a Black orc) and a -MV on the orcs on turns 1 and 7-ish. Other than that, the game went about as one would expect, lots of elfy shenanigans and the orcs were simply too slow to deal with it. The orcs did almost manage to score late in the second half, but the elves managed to knockdown the ball carrier, pick up the ball, run across the field, pass, and run out of any of the orcs movement ranges.

On a side note, my treeman seems to enjoy destroying an enemy on the first block of the game (BH first game, MNG this game) and then kinda stand around the rest of the game.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 12, 2015, 06:09:08 pm »

Champions of the Ring: 1 - Cuddle Puddle: 0
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The match opened with a quick break in the left flank of the Puddle, allowing the speedy elves to quickly run one in, having gone from the front of the Nurgle lines to our of range in one motion. The next 13 turns were of the elves desperatly keeping the Nurgalites from adcanging their ball down the field, which ended in a 3 or so turns at the end where if the Puddle so much as picked up the ball they'd have been able to run it in, but both teams were unable to get the ball up, and the score remained a 1-0.

That said my apothecary is a bellend, as Layton took a MV- injury fairly early, but the apothecary's reroll was a ST- injury, so I had to stick with the first. Not sure what the long term plan with him is now, we'll have to see what the situation is after the next game when he comes off the injury list.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:14:34 pm by Silent_Thunder »

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: September 12, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »

Cuddle puddle 0-1 Champions of the ring

This episode of cuddle puddle is brought to you by Stain-away Elven shampoo. Stain away: it gets the foul stains out!

Due to both teams missing a player, this episode of Cuddle puddle features two guest stars: an elf lineman and a rotter. One of the cuddlebug rotters among the team has stooped to a disappointing low, taking drugs to enhance his performance on the field, but he saw no actual results and has sworn off it for the future. Our special guest star joining the cuddle puddle quickly discovered his bones were made of candy and had to be carried off the pitch. An elven blitzer grabbed the ball quickly in the game and handed it off to a catcher who dashed it to the cuddle puddle's end zone thinking it had been sent to them by mistake. None of the cuddle puddle were fast enough to stop the silly elf. The elves then had the ball handed back to them and sent it back to the Cuddle puddle. A warrior caught the ball on the front lines and the cuddle puddle moved to keep him safe, but failed to actually move forward. Several elves had gotten sleepy during all the cuddling and passed out. The ball got tossed around a bit before a rotter got it and started running for the elven end zone just in time for the ref to call a commercial break.

After the break, the elves tossed the ball back to the Cuddle Puddle and it flew off the stage. One of the stage hands handed the ball to Hoppy the pestigore, who ran to the halfway line while the elves moved to stop him despite their lower player count. Some tussling later, the ball gets dropped a few spaces from the elven end zone after a daring block by an elf lineman. What follows can only be described as embarrassing as both elves and cuddlers waste several turns trying and failing to pick up the ball. Then a warrior easily grabs the ball and tosses it to hoppy once again, and hoppy fails to catch it. Roll credits!

In memory of: loner rotter, we have never lost a new recruit so fast
One elf's leg, if only the apothecary remembered his supplies

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: September 16, 2015, 12:22:57 pm »

SLAYA's SVENS 2-1 Sandstorm Riders

The SVENS pulled out a victory, BUT AT WHAT COST?!?!?! The answer to that question is, A MNG level 3 lineman, a MNG lvl 2 thrower, the 4 STR wolf is now missing one movement, and the 4 STR Runner is now dead. The Khemri escaped with only a lvl 2 skeleton taking a -AV. Other than those casualties, the game was highlighted by tremendous rolls by the riders including 0 failed pick-ups (I believe there were 4 attempts), and 1 (extremely crucial) failed GFI on turn 16 by the ball-carrying thro-ra. This allowed the SVENS remaining 3 players (of which one was a yhetee laying down) to score the game winning TD on turn 16 with a nice bit of skill/luck by the thrower and a berserker.

Plus sides to all these injuries are that Monk won't get any inducements against me (I might actually get free money instead of giving my opponent close to 1 million in inducements for once!! xD) and I only lost one player with tackle.

PS. Both weeks will be advanced tonight.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: September 16, 2015, 01:02:08 pm »

Death to the stat freaks! Death to them all!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: September 16, 2015, 01:52:02 pm »

the 4 STR Runner is now dead.
I'm guessing that isn't the level 320 runner that's been scoring all your points, otherwise you probably would've made a bigger deal of it...

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: September 17, 2015, 12:06:14 am »

the 4 STR Runner is now dead.
I'm guessing that isn't the level 320 runner that's been scoring all your points, otherwise you probably would've made a bigger deal of it...

Yeah, SVEN the magnificent is still up, xD.

All matches played and both weeks have advanced

Main League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - We move for nobody vs SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs i2amroy - The Fools
Sinistar - Da Grin Party vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls

Training League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - Cuddle puddle vs THE_SLAYA - Slip'n'slam
i2amroy - The Mad Hatters!! vs Kansa - Da Crushas
Kanil - Sapphire Raptors vs Sinistar - Krystal Kommandos
Silent_Thunder - Champions of the Ring vs SpottedWobbegong - Blackfang Viper

I'd like to advance the weeks on Monday so try to play your matches by then, I'm completely open to extensions due to the delayed start.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 149