Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256363 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 5 - TT S6, W5
« Reply #2190 on: October 03, 2015, 12:59:13 pm »

Da Crushas 0-0 Cuddle puddle

This episode of cuddle puddle was made possible by contributions from viewers like you. Thank You.

We have two special guests for this episode: one rotter and one orc lineman from Lonervale. The cuddle puddle caught the ball sent from the orcs and tried to push forward. Early on the cuddlers had the orcs pinned, but when a cuddlebug and the special guest for the cuddle puddle got squashed things started turning against them. A blitzer knocked the ball from hoppy's hands and the orcs piled up around it, managing to grab the ball just before half time. Both hoppy and cloppy fell asleep before half time and didn't wake up for the rest of the game.

The second half started with orcs recieving, things looked bleak for the cuddle puddle with only 7 players, but they ran forward early and caught the orcs by surprise. The orcs quickly started knocking over cuddlers, but realized how hideous adorable squeezy is and decided not to punch him... four times in a row... The thrower got knocked over by a lucky hit from Huggles' babysitter (rotter) and dropped the ball after crossing the halfway line. The special guest for the orcs was actually here for comic relief, as seen when he repeatedly fell over trying to run past cuddlebugs and failed to pick up the ball. A rotter grabbed the ball and made a successful pass to a warrior on the last turn, impressing the entire audience. Roll Credits!

In memory of: The guest's legbone, and one of the cuddlebugs

On the next episode of cuddle puddle: A new warrior joins the group, and they will still need a special guest.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 5 - TT S6, W5
« Reply #2191 on: October 05, 2015, 11:09:19 pm »

Main league has advanced.

Week Six match-ups are:
Sinistar - Da Grin Party vs Aslandus - We move for nobody
Jartol - Naturan Demanto vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs i2amroy - The Fools
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks

I'll be advancing the league next Monday, let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 6 - TT S6, W5
« Reply #2192 on: October 07, 2015, 12:28:11 pm »

Da Grin Party 1-3 We move for nobody

Chaos dorfs received first, and got an early lead by crushing the fanatic and getting a few lucky breaks when the wizard failed to knock down the ball carrier, followed by a few blocks by a troll merely pushing the side-stepping hobgoblin closer to the end zone. The goblins got the ball, then failed to hand it off resulting in a huge pileup of players in the center as they fought over the ball. A bull centaur got the ball and ran for the end, but was stopped by several goblins who snatched the ball away.

The second half, the goblins got smacked around by the dorfs, and the sure hands hobgoblin got the ball. He ran it through the line and scored again. The goblins scored a 1TTD, with a handoff, throw and GFI. The goblins kicked again, the ball flew offield and was handed to a block hobble, who ran it in while the goblins desperately made a -2d block to stop him. It failed, and the block hobble scored. Some fouling was also done during the second half, one of which resulted in a broken neck on the looney which was cured.

Notable injuries: 2 dead goblins

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 6 - TT S6, W5
« Reply #2193 on: October 09, 2015, 12:28:19 am »

Apparently in my busy week I didn't actually advance the training league until just now, xD.

Week Six Training League Match-ups:
Kanil - Sapphire Raptors vs Aslandus - Cuddle puddle
i2amroy - The Mad Hatters!! vs Silent_Thunder - Champions of the Ring
THE_SLAYA - Slip'n'slam vs SpottedWobbegong - Blackfang Viper
Kansa - Da Crushas vs Sinistar - Krystal Kommandos

I'll advance the week not this Monday, but next (10/19) Monday. Let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

Just realized the wrong week had been posted. This is the proper week, xD
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:19:23 am by THE_SLAYA »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 6 - TT S6, W6
« Reply #2194 on: October 10, 2015, 12:42:26 pm »

Monk's Mountebanks defeat Sandstorm Riders 2-0, but the victory did not come without its price.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's a dead Rat Ogre, a couple MNG Gutter Runners, a -MA Thrower (probably retired after the playoffs) and a -AV Lineman (skilled, but his career is over.) Hopefully I can get through the season finale Goblin showdown with enough rats to fill a roster!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2195 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:35 pm »

Oh... oh my. And here I was thinking about picking Skaven for the next season, because I would finally like to play with a team that can at least pick the damn ball. Skaven or Amazons. But AV7 makes me uncomfortable. Hrrrmph, humans maybe? Orcs are definitely my favorite still, but I'm looking for something a bit more mobile/agile the next season and I'm not picking elves because screw them. :P
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: October 10, 2015, 02:29:57 pm »

Oh... oh my. And here I was thinking about picking Skaven for the next season, because I would finally like to play with a team that can at least pick the damn ball. Skaven or Amazons. But AV7 makes me uncomfortable. Hrrrmph, humans maybe? Orcs are definitely my favorite still, but I'm looking for something a bit more mobile/agile the next season and I'm not picking elves because screw them. :P

If you want a team that can play the ball and has AV8, go with High Elves.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: October 10, 2015, 07:26:41 pm »

One nice thing about amazons: they're cheap and start with dodge, so when they die, they're easily replaced and don't need a ton of SPP to be decent! No AG4 unlike elves and skaven, but they're a pretty good team IMO.

Also, don't go with high elves, play dark elves if you want AV8 elves. Never play high elves, they fit into a stupidly small niche between dark elves and pro elves, and you should pretty much always choose one of those two teams instead. I guess if your only goal in life is to throw the ball to your catcher and you want to die a little slower, then HE can work... but I really can't recommend them.

Seems like the playoffs are going to feature the two top ranked teams bleeding players left and right matching up against a pair of bruisers. The skaven and norse keep winning, but perhaps they can be pushed to their breaking point?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2198 on: October 11, 2015, 11:05:48 am »

Nuuuuuuu, I dun want no stinky pointy ears! >:W

One nice thing about amazons: they're cheap and start with dodge, so when they die, they're easily replaced and don't need a ton of SPP to be decent! No AG4 unlike elves and skaven, but they're a pretty good team IMO.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I'd basically like a team that can play a decent ball game without much need for character skills. I mean, I'd also like someone who has some bash-y potential, but can also run, but it's not a squishy team, but it doesn't need much skills... Basically, I need an all around OP team, heh. But in the end I've came to the same conclusion as you, yeah. Still thinking skaven because of their rat ogre and mutation is also nice, but I'll see, I might pick me some the booty in the end.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: October 11, 2015, 07:48:43 pm »

Yeah, that injury box I posted is not an uncommon occurrence for my Skaven; it's unfortunate I gave up so many hits on my positionals, but sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

Humans and Amazons are both good options for those criteria; good starting skills and good skill access at the cost of great stats and cute tricks. Humans have a little more armor and a little more raw speed (and a pretty reliable Big Guy,) Amazons have that nice Dodge for mobility and protection (holds up against everyone who isn't a dwarf.) They both get a lot of character from +Stat rolls too. I usually think of both of them as bash-first teams, unless they get some good +AG rolls to make the passing game more reliable. Feed those blitzers and get some Guard!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: October 14, 2015, 01:07:04 am »

All main League Matches have been played and the final week is upon us!

Week Seven Match-ups are:
THE_SLAYA - SLAYA'S SVENS vs Aslandus - We move for nobody
SpottedWobbegong - Sandstorm Riders vs Jartol - Naturan Demanto
monk12 - Monk's Mountebanks vs Sinistar - Da Grin Party
i2amroy - The Fools vs Kanil - Shambles 'n' Snarls

The play-off teams have been decided but there could be some slight jostling in 2nd-4th positions (The SVENs locked up the first place with a victory over the fools this previous week)

I'll advance the league next Monday. Let me know if there are any issues.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 7 - TT S6, W6
« Reply #2201 on: October 14, 2015, 12:38:05 pm »

Welp, after going into last week's matchup with 15 players I was down to 8 before roster management. I cut some perms and got myself back up to 10 and a loner for this week's Goblin game, but it's still scary to play with only 2 Gutters, no Rat Ogre, and no bench. On the plus side, my TV is waaaaaay down for this one!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: October 15, 2015, 02:20:43 pm »

Sapphire Raptors 1-0 Cuddle puddle

This episode of cuddle puddle is brought to you by Slatz's Scrubbers, the favorite scrub brush of Lizardman teams.

This episode features a special guest: a loner rotter, as well as help from Speedy Run-run's agility potion supplier for the lizards. The game started with Lizards receiving. The cuddle puddle hastily repositioned, and the Saurii bashed a few rotters, almost never breaking armor. A skink got the ball and stood behind the front line while the saurii shoved the overzealous cuddlers out of the way. A warrior, a rotter, and a pestigore fell asleep from all the cuddling, only to wake up later. A carnival of ineptitude quickly followed partly due to a lack of luck supplements. The Lizards failed to hit Bailey the warrior several times in a row due to sheer horror unwillingness to touch such a pretty face. A skink finally got the ball and scored after much shoving.

The second half, the rotter and Pestigore woke up and rejoined the game, And the lizardmen quickly lost two skinks to injuries. The ball was caught by a warrior, who handed it off to a pestigore. The pestigore promptly dropped it when he got grabbed by a Saurus, and a big pileup started as Saurus' joined in to assist while cuddlers picked up and dropped the ball. The last skink was squished by Huggles, and the lizardmen never managed to pick up the ball even with two +AG Saurus'. Nothing else really interesting happened except more punching. Roll credits.

In memory of: Good luck (So many skulls)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: October 18, 2015, 02:29:08 pm »

SLAYA'S SVENS 1-0 We move for nobody

I'll admit I made a few mistakes this game, but SLAYA definitely played well. For the first half, the chdorfs were receiving and moo cow got badly hurt in the first turn as he recklessly got himself stuck near a 4 str blodge sidestep blitzer, then got punched by an ulfwerner. The Ulfwener soon got a broken collarbone from a bull centaur, but was apothecaried back to health. The Chdorfs took the opportunity of half the SVENs being stuck near the edge to rush up the field, but I made another tactical error (which in hindsight probably cost me the game) in attacking the blodge sidestep SVEN runner when he was near my ball carrier with a no skill hobgoblin. The runner sidestepped, blocking the runner in with tackle zones and giving the rest of the team time to fill in around him. The half ended without anyone scoring, but with a blocker and hobgoblin badly hurt, and one SVEN lineman getting broken ribs.

The second half, the SVEN thrower caught the ball on kickoff, then began advancing as the yeti and a few players tied up my skilled bull centaur and one of my better blockers. The ball carrier broke through with the 4 str berserker and both ulfweners bodyguarding, but a lucky blitz by a hobgoblin knocked him over past the line. The hobbo grabbed the ball, and was promptly stomped flat by an ulfwerner. SVEN the mighty runner grabbed the ball, hogging more SPP from his fellow players and stalling until the last turn to score. Repeated fouling of the yeti did not yield any injuries, and trying to mark the runner with a hobgoblin only resulted in the hobgoblin getting badly hurt.

Injuries: MNG on SVEN lineman, nothing else of interest (somehow)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: October 18, 2015, 02:39:57 pm »

I believe that makes the SVENS the first team to win every single game?

Let's see if they can get the last two...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149