Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 256307 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Week 7 - TT S6, W6
« Reply #2205 on: October 18, 2015, 06:14:03 pm »

Question, what's the playoff format for the training league if there is any?

Also as usual my match report in image form. Nothing long lasting, but I just couldn't keep enough elves on the pitch to stop that final score.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: October 19, 2015, 12:46:37 pm »

I believe that makes the SVENS the first team to win every single game?

Let's see if they can get the last two...

I thought your elf team with no real players won every single game. Was that in the training league, or did they tie a few?

In other news the training league has advanced a week.

Week Seven Training League Match-ups are:
Aslandus - Cuddle puddle vs i2amroy - The Mad Hatters!!
Kanil - Sapphire Raptors vs THE_SLAYA - Slip'n'slam
Silent_Thunder - Champions of the Ring vs Kansa - Da Crushas
SpottedWobbegong - Blackfang Viper vs Sinistar - Krystal Kommandos

The final week will advance next monday, let me know if there are any scheduling issues.

Question, what's the playoff format for the training league if there is any?

Training league play-offs for this season are the same as the main league playoffs. Single elimination, top four teams make it in.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Final Results
« Reply #2207 on: October 19, 2015, 02:25:53 pm »

Final Results from Season 13
Spoiler: Results and Standings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:45:57 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: October 19, 2015, 10:20:54 pm »

I thought your elf team with no real players won every single game. Was that in the training league, or did they tie a few?

Not even close, 4-4-2. Wood elves are good, but they're not that good.

I looked back and I was actually thinking about your pro elves who went undefeated. They had a few ties but a much longer season.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: October 20, 2015, 04:11:35 pm »

My match with Sinistar yesterday was unfortunately aborted due to connection issues on the goblin's side, which is unfortunate because they had a fair chance (for goblins, anyway) to pull off a 1-1 draw. Today's rematch was much less kind to the little green folk, ending 3-0 in the Skaven favor. It wound up being quite fortunate for me as not only did the Skaven suffer zero CAS, but all those TDs went to the newest Gutter Runner for his second levelup, a Blitzer pounded on goblinfolk until he got a level, and a completion and lucky MVP went to the new Thrower for his first level in his first game.

All in all, it's everything I wanted heading into the playoffs; they're as healthy as they're gonna get, and they aren't too far down on skills. I'm calling it now; Monk's Mountebanks will not play next season, so it's now or never for them!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Semifinals - TT S6, W7
« Reply #2210 on: October 23, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »

THE TIME FOR PLAY-OFFS IS UPON US!!!!!!!!

SLAYA'S SVENS (1) vs We move for nobody (4)

After a narrow 1-0 victory in the final week of the season, the SVENS managed to finish the season undefeated. The only remaining question is, can they extend their win streak one or two more games? Not if the Chaos Dwarfs have anything to say about it!

Monk's Mountebanks (2) vs Shambles 'n' Snarls (3)

The Mountebanks narrowly defeated the Snarls in their regular season match, but will they be able to repeat the performance and bring Monk to yet another finals appearance? The undead will be looking to crush more than just the rats dreams this game.

PS. Sorry for the delay in getting these started, its been a strange week.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2211 on: October 24, 2015, 11:43:41 am »

Huh, it's playoff already? Why did I think we have another week to go, I wonder. No matter, I'm actually glad. This season was a complete torture for me... BUT this was something I brought upon myself. I've said it I'll probably hate myself for playing goblins and underworld, and I do. :P

Good luck in the playoffs, everyone!
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: October 24, 2015, 08:32:10 pm »

Cuddle puddle 1-0 The Mad Hatters!!

This episode of cuddle puddle is brought to you by decay. Inevitable, and oh so useful.

Today's episode features Borak the Despoiler and a loner rotter. Huggles discovered his old pal Silver the Minotaur was playing for the mad hatters and they refused to hit each other for most of the match. Cloppy was handed the ball after the clumsy dorfs kicked it off the field, but after advancing past the midfield line was knocked over by a centaur. Huggles' babysitter abandoned his charge (as many puddle fans know he does almost every game because he's a terrible babysitter) and grabbed the ball, dodging away from the centaur and running the ball in post haste. The dorfs tried to smash through the defenses of the cuddle puddle in response, but their hobgoblin fell asleep from running too fast and ruined their (admittedly rather small) chances at a counterscore.

The next round, Silver decided to actually participate and helped break through the LoS, only to find himself isolated and surrounded by cuddlers because his team didn't follow him. Bailey the warrior sung a little lullaby and tossed him back into the chdorf lineup. The standoff quickly turned into a mess as the dorfs tried to push through the line and the cuddlers got tangled up with them. The ball carrier hobgoblin got knocked down and after the ball bounced all through the crowd, silver managed to catch it. Of course, Silver immediately got hit by a warrior and lost the ball, which got caught by a dorf, who then got tackled by an overzealous Huggles and the ball was not picked up again. Tune in next time for the season finale of Cuddle Puddle! Roll credits.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: October 26, 2015, 11:40:44 pm »

TRAINING LEAGUE PLAYOFF TIME!!!!

Slip 'n' Slam (1) v. Sapphire Raptors (4)

A 4-1 trouncing last week has to have left a bitter taste in the lizards mouths. Will that be sufficient motivation for the lizard team to succeed or will the elves extend their win streak by one more game? Should be a fun match either way!

The Mad Hatters!! (2) v. Blackfang Viper (3)

The first real meeting between these two teams should prove to be an interesting one. The Hatters will be out for blood after taking their first loss of the season in the final weeks, but the elves will be looking for another high-scoring performance like their last 4-1 victory. Will the elves manage to avoid the dwarfs and pull off the victory, or will the dwarves grind the elves into the pitch on their way to victory? It'll be a fun match no matter which style prevails.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: October 27, 2015, 07:53:19 pm »

Anyway been a fun ride, but with the playoffs in swing I must bow out permanently. Managing my own league consumes enough time, and I have the playoffs for THAT one to worry about. That said, it's been fun, and if anyone ever wants to set one up for FUMBBL and needs an non-playing admin, I'd be more than glad to assist.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 13 Semifinals - TT S6, SF
« Reply #2215 on: October 30, 2015, 12:05:58 am »

I played both of my semi-final matches today.

There's not a whole lot to say about the ML game, Monk lost 6 players in the first 8 turns, including his most dangerous strip ball GR. It's reasonably straightforward to win with that large of a numbers advantage. The skaven still managed a TD, but the game ended 2-1 in my favor.

In the TT, the lizards really didn't have the skills to contend with the wood elves. Slaya did a good job farming SPP over the course of the season, and it's simply a tough matchup for the lizards even with equal skills. Still, I got much luckier than I could have ever hoped for, and on the last turn of the half I had both of Slaya's WDs KO'd, was up 1-0, and was looking at playing 11 vs 6 in the second half. Then he got all four of his KOs back. Eventually their leaping might prevailed, but a 2-1 loss is much better than I had expected.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: October 31, 2015, 04:50:57 pm »

Main League finals will are:

Aslandus v Kanil

Anyone wishing to play in either league next season should post in the forum to let us know what race you would like to play. New members to the league should also state steam ID (if you have one) and timezone.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: October 31, 2015, 07:29:33 pm »

I'm astounded the Norse didn't repeat. Grats to Aslandus!

I'll be setting my Skaven on the shelf for next season in favor of the Vampire team I ran a couple TTs ago. I don't think I'll run a TT team this go around.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: October 31, 2015, 07:59:05 pm »

I'm astounded the Norse didn't repeat. Grats to Aslandus!

There was no actual match, I'm just too busy to actually play atm so I took a forfeit. But now we'll get to add a new team to the champions tournament, should we ever have another season of that. :p

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #2219 on: November 04, 2015, 01:04:22 pm »

Anyone wishing to play in either league next season should post in the forum to let us know what race you would like to play. New members to the league should also state steam ID (if you have one) and timezone.
Put me up for amazon team in training league, albeit this decision is kinda tentative; somewhere between deciding which team I should play a though of skipping a season altogether slipped in... but I guess I do need some BB in my life after all? I'm sure no main league for me this time though, unless there will be some serious need for additional player.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149