Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2220344 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (34.11)
« Reply #7530 on: February 05, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »

14th Granite, 210

During a lull in negotiations Simon Tam asked if he could have a brass chest put in his office. Since he's done such a wonderful job as mayor, I've put a request in down at the forges, but I told him it may be some time before anyone gets on it. Well, isn't that some initiative! Simon went and made the chest  all by himself! Says he'd like another though, so maybe when we get to the request making I can order plenty of brass for the fortress's favorite mayor.

16th Granite, 210

I grow tired of this liason. And the elven diplmat I may well simply beat to death to vent frustration. Mostly because I had Rose lock all my throwing mugs in her room so I wouldn't be tempted to brain the liasons from home with them. I put out an order for all mug production to cease. I've put the fellow who became a grown dwarf during my second reign, a strong looking dwarf named Cog, along with Blackbird and Cabo, on bolt production. Barring an unforeseen complication' we'll have the munitions to absolutely decimate whatever fell beasts live below.

We've also begun running low on wood, so I figured I may as well make the elf waiting in line weep some tears to be collected in a bucket and given to Fischer. Because Elf tears are of course the best of fuels, even compared to our fine wines and beers.

Rochia was also complaining about patrol duty. PATROL DUTY OF ALL THINGS! We don't even have a set system of outside patrols, and the regulars patrol the fortress itself! As punishment for undue crab assery, I'm ordered her booze share be halved for the remainder of the month. Lying about patrol duty. Bitch isn't even on active duty...

17th Granite, 210

-The following appears to be some incomprehensible string of obscenities written in old dwarven directed at several diplomats-

-this appears to be added later-

One of the diplomats appears to have dropped dead in our dining hall.... not uh.... Not really sure what to make of that honestly. He did look fairly old though...

I also decided that Lefton needed to kill something. So I had him kill the elvish diplomat. The best part? No-one even batted an eye. Now if this stupid prat would just quit it with the small talk I wouldn't be tempted to strangle this bastard to death.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: February 05, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »

What nation? hope it wont kill us.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: February 05, 2013, 03:17:31 pm »

Dwarven. Leftover from Reudh's actually I think, unless we got some kind of bizarre migrant.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: February 05, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »

oosh. well, atleast we wont get another war...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: February 05, 2013, 04:48:08 pm »

Yay! Murder! Scindite is pleased with this offering of blood.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:35 pm »

I made another version of my previous audiolog, because the 'quality' of my last attempt was driving me nuts. I sound better in general in this one, I think, though the fact that my entire body was shaking from performance anxiety made it somewhat-difficult to get the words out -- if it sounds a bit forced anywhere, it's probably because I was straining to keep myself from hyperventilating.

For the record -- I intentionally kept some of the weird inflection from my previous attempt, as I felt it suited him. As always, though, I'm interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on it, preferably with some advice if there's any to give.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 07:21:10 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: February 05, 2013, 10:11:55 pm »

Huh. Comical but in a good way. It does seem a little forced in general sound, but otherwise it looks like you kept a good even tone and even managed to sound a little bored, as if you were working on something at the time which suits the character. I think you actually sounded more gravely than before too, but I'm not sure. Kinda like you just woke up or something.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: February 05, 2013, 11:02:10 pm »

But really that does seem to be Froggish anyways. Bored and half asleep whenever he's dealing with the dwarves.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: February 05, 2013, 11:09:28 pm »

Huh. Comical but in a good way. It does seem a little forced in general sound, but otherwise it looks like you kept a good even tone and even managed to sound a little bored, as if you were working on something at the time which suits the character. I think you actually sounded more gravely than before too, but I'm not sure. Kinda like you just woke up or something.

Heh. This is the first time I've seen the phrase 'you sounded bored' where it probably wasn't an insult :p  I was going more for 'emotionally-detached', though. In any case, I'm happy to hear that I successfully kept my voice more-or-less even under the circumstances.

I definitely sound more gravelly in this one. Not sure why, but I think it sounds better, so I'm not complaining.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: February 05, 2013, 11:13:11 pm »

Mission accomplished then good sir.

Also: Upon observations in my extra fort, it seems all that armor plating is holding Dauros back, like it so they might get to live if they decide fighting is a bad idea. In terms of raw physical might overall I actually think he's the physically strongest mofo in this game world. Fischer would probably get him if it came down to raw battle experience (Or sheer luck) though.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: February 06, 2013, 08:35:33 am »

Niiiccee... I like it. It seems to suit him a little more, which I like. You don't sound nervous so much as, like Splint said, bored with the trouble of having to make an audio log, and wanting to get back to whatever it was your were doing. You also seem slightly fed up with the dwarves, particularly Talvi. I remember that entry... it was one I particularly liked (even if partially because Talvi got mentioned in such detail).

It's definitely even deeper this time - it's just barely at the bottom of my register. I'd struggle to keep up with you. As someone who sings bass, I can say that's quite an accomplishment. :P I think your voice may be a lot lower than you realize. Maybe everybody has a deeper voice up there, and you're judging by comparison? lol (joking, but seriously... that's deep. Contrabass deep, even.)

Advice: I don't really have any. :\ It sounds good, and I don't hear any of the issues you mentioned. I just envy you - I wish I could regularly go that low. My voice starts to cut out when I drop that far down, and if I go any lower at all, it cuts out completely.

Splint - what would you say to the Spearbreakers-ans becoming aware of the timewar around halfway through your reign?

edit:
While I'm here: I think I've finally gotten all the snarls out. There were a few things that didn't quite mesh, but it all works now. Vanya's story will end before the fortress falls, instead of right as it does. Somehow I didn't think of that. Thanks, Mr Frog, Splint - you guys are awesome. The rest of the snarls involved timelines and an annoying-but-critical issue involving a PEA, but I got that worked out, too. The someone-attacking-Katie plot will come to a conclusion soon. Hopefully I'll be getting updates out with a better frequency - starting with today.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:49:31 am by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: February 06, 2013, 10:23:16 am »

Shameless double post. Vanya's next chapter, fixed up without any issues. I don't want to keep her off her feet for long, and I'm further developing the plot as I go. She'll be up and running by the next entry, though she'll walk with a slight limp for a while. Ankle sprains don't heal easy.

Vanya's Journals, Entry 55: Stuck at Home
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: February 06, 2013, 10:41:59 am »

On becoming aware: I wouldn't have any problem with that. In fact as a precaution I wanna get the invasion of hell over with and would like to ask if you guys mind if I autodump the remains and such outside so I can hurry up with the invasion (I wanna do something memorable y'know?)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: February 06, 2013, 11:44:04 am »

Hmm... I don't think I'd have any problem with it, honestly. Six months ago, yeah, but I think we're past that point now. You should probably wait to get other people's opinions, first, though. I might be alone in that respect. :P

Also - you mentioned something artwise... working on anything I might be interested in seeing?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:48 pm »

When and I can draw things by request. I still have a bunch of past-due drawings to do ( I feel ashamed in saying I might never deliver on those old poll drawings) But in the meantime if you want something drawn i can give it a go.
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 815