Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1247092 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #9930 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53:40 am »

I don't think we're arguing, me and UXLZ were just curious about the motive, since Truean is, AFAIK, the only person on these forums that ask no to be quoted. A simple link to that other post would have satisfied me.

Although now I'm wondering, you got hate mails for that request here on Bay12, or was it somewhere else? Because I expected much better from this community.  :-\

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: April 22, 2015, 08:58:32 am »

Yeah, this ^^^ This right here is the beginning of why I don't explain myself anymore. Don't blame me. I'm not gonna debate whether it works or not when I have attended classes about this very subject recommending what I'm asking for about not being quoted. I'm not gonna apologize for trying to inform people with the express purpose of helping them for free or not kissing their butts.

I don't want my inbox flooded with hate mail again.

Drop it. For the love of God. It isn't about you. It was never about you. Don't take it personally. WTF are you doing?

I'm no longer going to ever "explain" myself again on this, because it never ends well. It isn't about anybody or anybody's feelings, or whatever. Leave me alone.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:03:36 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: April 22, 2015, 09:03:10 am »

I don't think we're arguing, me and UXLZ were just curious about the motive, since Truean is, AFAIK, the only person on these forums that ask no to be quoted. A simple link to that other post would have satisfied me.

Although now I'm wondering, you got hate mails for that request here on Bay12, or was it somewhere else? Because I expected much better from this community.  :-\
This^ I'm also curious about this.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: April 22, 2015, 09:05:01 am »

No idea, I got a lot of hate mail.... I don't know and I don't care who or how or whatever.

Somebody wants me to say "You win" out there to keep this shit from happening again? Cool

You win.

Happy? I don't care. Post whatever the hell you want. I just don't want quoted. I just tried to help people, for free. Aren't I just a little shit? How silly of me. Just do whatever you want when you post shit everywhere. I don't care. I don't need this shit. Hate mail = not good. I don't want it. I tell the world, "Hey, this could literally ruin my life or perhaps even end it by violence against me." The world doesn't care, because it's ego is hurt from no fault of mine.... You might die? O well, you aren't kissing my butt, so meh.

P.S. This kinda shit happens all the time when I tell people they can't do something because it's illegal. I'm just trying to warn them and that's it. I'm not "bossing them around" or "condescending," or whatever. Once again, I'm just the damn messenger. DO NOT SHOOT. I'm not responsible for any of this stuff. I didn't do it; I didn't make it; I can't change it. Don't blow up at me. It won't do any good. There's nothing I can do. You're barking up the wrong tree and just blowing up because you're pissed. You don't like something? What do you think yelling at me will change about that? ... Nothing. I can't change it....
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:19:23 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: April 22, 2015, 09:13:53 am »

Truean, I'm sorry if you feel like I'm pestering you or something, it was certainly not my goal. I'll of course respect whatever you ask, I was just curious, because I had not seen your previous explanations. And I'm equal part sorry and surprised you had to go through shit for what is after all a simple and reasonable request, if a rather rare one on these forums.

Please don't be mad at me. :/

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: April 22, 2015, 09:47:31 am »

Not mad at you Sheb. I don't think you sent any of those or caused them to be sent.

Please don't quote me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: April 22, 2015, 12:20:18 pm »

I'm responding because I think the advice you're giving to other people about staying safe online is unhelpful - if someone does discover your online name then they can easily save a copy of what you've posted.

I don't think it's fair to try and seize the last word like you did in #10091 (especially if you're going to continue to make posts on the subject), and I also think you're trying to intimidate me with this display of (largely unrelated) outrage.  I don't know if this is intentional, but it's creating a tense atmosphere in this thread and it's not surprising that it spills over sometimes.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: April 22, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »

I'm responding because I think the advice you're giving to other people about staying safe online is unhelpful - if someone does discover your online name then they can easily save a copy of what you've posted.

I don't think it's fair to try and seize the last word like you did in #10091 (especially if you're going to continue to make posts on the subject), and I also think you're trying to intimidate me with this display of (largely unrelated) outrage.  I don't know if this is intentional, but it's creating a tense atmosphere in this thread and it's not surprising that it spills over sometimes.
You are not obligated to take heed of anyone's advice, but it's usually considered good manners to oblige a simple request without demanding an explanation. If someone politely asks you to move over in a bus, do you start interrogating them about the underlying rationale of their plea?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: April 22, 2015, 12:51:23 pm »

This has been me giving up. This is me flat out saying to the rest of the world, "You win," and practically begging for this not to happen again. 

Leafsnail is right and Truean is wrong. <--- is that what you want? Please take it. I don't care. Just leave me alone.

What else could anybody possibly want? I'm flat out surrendering and this is being called intimidation?

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: April 22, 2015, 01:01:30 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:30:46 am by penguinofhonor »

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:11 am »

On the shirt thing a few pages back. I personally think as long as the rules are clear beforehand, stuff like that CAN be okay.

But they shouldnt half-ass it. Either take everything political out, or nothing at all.

On my yearbook photo before I finished school, they blurred my sweater because it had an Iron maiden Cover on the front. At first I didnt mind, but after seeing other photos, also with bands, Rappers and the like unblurred, I complained to the Direx.

It may seem nitpicky, or overly dramatic, but I think schools in particular should try to treat everyone the same.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: April 23, 2015, 04:52:54 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/22/pregnant-popeys-manager-fired-after-robbery_n_7120690.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Somebody robbed the store at gunpoint, and got away with $400.

The company demanded the shift manager pay the $400 the robber got away with, again, on camera, at gunpoint....

The company blamed her for having more than $50 in register, as a bullshit excuse, about violating policy.

It gets busy, and you can't just constantly empty the register. Companies WANT money going to their cash registers.

Think of a busy day and orders averaging $10 (or more) an order. She could easily have $400 in the register. It starts out with $50 already. Then to make $350 in sales, that's just 35 customers and lunchtime rush may very well have waaaay more than 35 people in line, who do not want to be told to wait while the cash is put in the safe. Also in the real world, places like this are often understaffed and can't get everything done on time anyhow. They pay minimum wage and expect miracles, while essentially blaming their employees for being robbed at gunpoint.

Yup, looks like they'll fire you for anything, and your life isn't worth $400....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/22/steve-king-supreme-court-marriage_n_7120558.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Wow, and the bigots march on.... Totally unconstitutional and would never pass. Jesus, this would be the end of pretty much everything if it DID pass. Congress, bought and paid for by lobbying, could just go to any issue and say courts couldn't review it. Wouldn't matter how right or wrong it was either. If this guy is right, then he and other congressional reps could just say that courts couldn't consider anything their donors didn't like: environmental regs, torts (car accidents, etc), insurance claims, anything. It would gut what's left of the already gutted court system. The underfunded courts are about the only thing even trying to keep the corruption in check by eventually throwing some of it in jail. Take that away and we've got nothing.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:14:26 am by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: April 23, 2015, 04:57:48 am »

The unfortunate repercussions of capitalism. It is seemingly a system that while initially beneficial inevitably spirals further and further into disease and corruption.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: April 23, 2015, 06:40:44 am »

Yup, looks like they'll fire you for anything, and your life isn't worth $400....

The ironic part is that now any robber at a Popeye will know to demand you open the safe when asked: "I know you can open it bitch! I read the stories!" Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to keep the register down to the required $50. Assuming she did in fact have direct access to the safe to fulfill her job requirement of keeping the register empty, she must have lied to the robber, at risk of her own life. How much more was in that safe, going by company policy?

So, in this case you can risk your own life to save the company some money, but it's still not enough. If the robber gets away with one cent, then you're expected to pay back whatever was in the register if it exceeds $50, which you should have clearly put in the safe, yet you're also expected to risk your life lying to armed robbers and not open the actual safe when asked. It really is a case where they don't give a fuck how well you did or what risks you took, you're still a nameless pawn to be exploited.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: April 23, 2015, 06:48:17 am »

I'd like to read a list of bills that are hilariously unconstitutional and would never be passed in congress, but were seemingly proposed just to make a point.

I've literally heard every argument in the book, and there's literally no reason for gay marriage not to be legalized. It's gotten to the point where some people are arguing that gay people can't marry because marraiges are how the state keeps track of children for tax purposes, which is hilariously retarded and so full of holes I can pair it with a nice wine.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 759