Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer - Beta 13 - Updated 4/25/2013 - (It's BACK!)  (Read 165806 times)

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer (Beta 6 - Updated 5/7/2012 - go to?)
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2012, 03:31:26 pm »

The workshop designer looks very sweet!!!
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
  • BradUffner has begun a mysterious construction.
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2012, 03:43:50 pm »

I'm just doing a final round of bug hunting, and making sure it's compatible with the new version of dwarf Fortress released today.  Beta 7 should be available sometime tonight.
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2012, 05:31:32 pm »

Sorry guys, Diablo 3 related delays.
Raw Explorer - Easily navigate and edit your raw files via GUI! - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103360.0
Tile Genie - Merge multiple tilesets - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77724.0

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »

Sorry guys, Diablo 3 related delays.
No worries, you're not exactly the only one ^_^

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »

Haha, I was wondering what was keeping you.  Don't worry, I've been having that problem too ;D
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2012, 11:25:07 pm »

Just a few things:
1) I noticed that you have added a "bodyGloss" type. Currently it gives the exact same list as the "toolUse" type though.
2) I found another thing that it would be nice to have a list of built into the game, Spheres.
3) Idea for dealing with bodygloss raws:
You could add a new category, similar to the "body" or "creature" categories and then have all of the bodyglosses go under that category. That would allow them to be in a seperate, yet still editable, area.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2012, 11:40:35 pm »

Just a few things:
1) I noticed that you have added a "bodyGloss" type. Currently it gives the exact same list as the "toolUse" type though.
2) I found another thing that it would be nice to have a list of built into the game, Spheres.
3) Idea for dealing with bodygloss raws:
You could add a new category, similar to the "body" or "creature" categories and then have all of the bodyglosses go under that category. That would allow them to be in a seperate, yet still editable, area.

I fixed the bodyGlass argument type for the next version.  They are currently managed from the "Library" menu.  I had been considering adding them to the tree view, but they have a strange structure that makes them incomparable with the code that handles the objects there.  I would have to add all kinds of special cases to handle them that way.  I may move them at some point in the future once all the other features I want get added and I get a chance to go back in and refine the program.
I'll add the spheres for next version also.  Just out of curiosity, which tokens takes a sphere as an argument?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2012, 12:02:10 am »

The main uses currently for spheres are with the [SPHERE:XX] token on megabeasts, and the [RELIGION_SPHERE:XX] and [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:XX:X] tokens on entities. I think they might also be used in interactions somewhere right now but I'm not certain on that. They will be used a fair bit more once Toady gets around to diversifying the good/evil areas into "fire" areas and "ocean" areas and whatnot.

Also I found an error when I was trying to figure out the use of the filename type (which if you could illuminate me on would be helpful!). If you put in the filename type and don't put in a subtype then every time that you either right-click on that token or click in the arguments box then you get a box saying "no argument handler found for argument type: filename" and a these details:
Code: [Select]
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Common.ArgumentManager+NoArgHandlerFoundException: No argument handler found for argument type: filename
   at Common.ArgumentManager.getArgTypeHandler(ArgType argumentType) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\Common\ArgumentManager.vb:line 48
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.getGoToList(RawObject obj, Token token) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 1380
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.buildTokenMenu(Token token, GridViewMenu PopupMenu) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 1316
   at RawExplorer.RawExplorerForm.gvTokens_PopupMenuShowing(Object sender, PopupMenuShowingEventArgs e) in C:\Users\bradley.uffner\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Raw Explorer\Trunk\RawExplorer\RawExplorer\RawExplorerForm.vb:line 1308
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.GridView.DoShowGridMenu(GridMenuEventArgs e)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.Handler.GridHandler.DoCheckShowMenu()
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.Views.Grid.Handler.GridHandler.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs ev)
   at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.BaseHandler.ProcessEvent(EventType etype, Object args)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs ev)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraEditors.Container.EditorContainer.WndProc(Message& m)
   at DevExpress.XtraGrid.GridControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RawExplorer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/RawExplorer.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
DevExpress.Utils.v11.2
    Assembly Version: 11.2.10.0
    Win32 Version: 11.2.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.Utils.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.Data.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.Data.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v11.2.DLL
Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/Common.DLL
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v11.2.DLL
DevExpress.XtraBars.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.XtraBars.v11.2.DLL
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
DevExpress.XtraLayout.v11.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/OtherPlayers/Documents/Dwarf%20Fortress/RawExplorer-Beta-6/DevExpress.XtraLayout.v11.2.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
WindowsBase
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.275 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 21, 2012, 12:03:20 am »

Spheres are currently used in interactions with the [IS_SPHERE] token, which is subordinate to [I_SOURCE:SECRET].

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #264 on: May 21, 2012, 12:12:05 am »

The main uses currently for spheres are with the [SPHERE:XX] token on megabeasts, and the [RELIGION_SPHERE:XX] and [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT:XX:X] tokens on entities. I think they might also be used in interactions somewhere right now but I'm not certain on that. They will be used a fair bit more once Toady gets around to diversifying the good/evil areas into "fire" areas and "ocean" areas and whatnot.

Also I found an error when I was trying to figure out the use of the filename type (which if you could illuminate me on would be helpful!). If you put in the filename type and don't put in a subtype then every time that you either right-click on that token or click in the arguments box then you get a box saying "no argument handler found for argument type: filename" and a these details:

Oops, I never actually implemented the handler for that type.  I think it's intended use was for graphic sets where one of the arguments is the filename of the image that the set uses.  It won't work properly until I add the handler though...  Next version.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:25 am »

Found two more tokens that you are currently missing: SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS and SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS. Also I've discovered that tokens can only be edited from places where they have "Allowed on" as a valid thing. For example I noticed that the SYN_INGESTED token was currently only allowed on creatures even though it is usable on plants as well. Whenever I tried to edit the token from a custom plant that used it I got a Continue/Exit error message. Once I went to a creature that had it and set it to allow the token on plants, then it let me edit it on the custom plant just fine.

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2012, 03:09:55 am »

Found two more tokens that you are currently missing: SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS and SYN_IMMUNE_CLASS. Also I've discovered that tokens can only be edited from places where they have "Allowed on" as a valid thing. For example I noticed that the SYN_INGESTED token was currently only allowed on creatures even though it is usable on plants as well. Whenever I tried to edit the token from a custom plant that used it I got a Continue/Exit error message. Once I went to a creature that had it and set it to allow the token on plants, then it let me edit it on the custom plant just fine.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2012, 06:11:19 am »

Congratulations to all! We've managed to drop the number of undefined tokens under 100! (Most of which lack the ability to put their current arguments into the program anyways. :P) Great job to all who have contributed so far and to BradUffner for enabling such an awesome project in the first place! Now we just need to fill in those last few cracks and keep everything else up to date as we go along. :)

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer (Beta 7 - Updated 5/23/2012 - Buildings!)
« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2012, 01:14:42 pm »

Beta 7 has been released!

BradUffner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Gump Studio
Re: Modding Tool: Raw Explorer (Beta 7 - Updated 5/23/2012 - Buildings!)
« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2012, 03:10:20 pm »

I made a mistake when packaging this release.  If you downloaded the file before this message was posted you should download it again.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37