Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 790440 times)

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure item quest (adventure succession game)
« Reply #705 on: April 12, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »

I'm really sorry for the huge delay, but this was a really busy week for me, and the fortress was actually extremely complex, and would have been pointless half-finished, since the scope is to provide a challenge with adventurer interactive machinery.
(Please forgive me Kromgar, Bralbaard and everyone else for that matter)

I've uploaded the save here.
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 12, 2013, 12:51:43 pm »

Thanks! no problem. That was an epic turn, and I'm looking forward to someone exploring your fortress :-).

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 12, 2013, 01:46:31 pm »

I'm really sorry for the huge delay, but this was a really busy week for me, and the fortress was actually extremely complex, and would have been pointless half-finished, since the scope is to provide a challenge with adventurer interactive machinery.
(Please forgive me Kromgar, Bralbaard and everyone else for that matter)

I've uploaded the save here.

hmmm... Thats interesting

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 12, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »

Oh no... I'm encountering a bug where I get to the third page where the remaing heroes should be and the game crashes

I tried with a fresh install it still crashes. This is the end guys
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:59:51 pm by Kromgar »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 12, 2013, 04:35:33 pm »

Ow.. that's not good. I can confirm the bug, it crashes for me as well, and the bug has been present for a while, the previous version of the save where pie maker started from, also has it. edit: the save I uploaded, the one that atomic chicken started from, appears to be fine.

I have no idea as to what causes this, maybe one of the adventurers on the list was killed during play by another character, causing the game to crash when it tries to load data on that character?

It is possible to start new adventurers in the civilisations on the first two pages right now, but loading existing adventurers is not possible...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:08:46 pm by Bralbaard »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 12, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »

This happened in the 2012 succession world, in much the same way as it did here. And I'm pretty sure it happened in a few of my private worlds. It seems to happen when you retire an adventurer in a world with multiple pages of adventure-start options. It is a glitch that no one has reported.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 05:28:58 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 12, 2013, 05:43:06 pm »

This happened in the 2012 succession world, in much the same way as it did here. And I'm pretty sure it happened in a few of my private worlds. It seems to happen when you retire an adventurer in a world with multiple pages of adventure-start options. It is a glitch that no one has reported.

Ah hell

Trungdle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 12, 2013, 06:11:30 pm »

oh nooooo pls report it :(
can we use DFhack to fix it? like... resurrect the killed one.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 12, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »

I'm relatively sure if you pick someone from a page you have the ability to get to without crashing, and then cause them to die, thus removing them from the list of start options, it might "fix" the bug. I don't know, however, as I've never experienced this bug myself.

Bloody hell.

The "good" news, I suppose, is that it gives us an(other) excuse to gen a new world and start from scratch when Toady releases the next version. Though I was kind of looking forward to failing epically in this hellish beast of a world you insane people have created. I suppose it's literally just too awesome for DF to handle, so it shits itself frequently.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 12, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »

I'm relatively sure if you pick someone from a page you have the ability to get to without crashing, and then cause them to die, thus removing them from the list of start options, it might "fix" the bug. I don't know, however, as I've never experienced this bug myself.

Bloody hell.

The "good" news, I suppose, is that it gives us an(other) excuse to gen a new world and start from scratch when Toady releases the next version. Though I was kind of looking forward to failing epically in this hellish beast of a world you insane people have created. I suppose it's literally just too awesome for DF to handle, so it shits itself frequently.

Well we absolutely need Toady to fix the bug before we gen a new world... I'm not sure how to report a bug if someone could direct me I will.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:18:24 pm by Kromgar »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 12, 2013, 07:23:38 pm »

DF uses a mantis bug-reporting page linked on the main page. (Direct Link) You'll need to create an account if you don't already have one, but it's free to do so and quite useful.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 06:08:54 pm by Argonnek »

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 13, 2013, 04:03:10 am »

That does sound bad. But, since it only crashes on the third page, the game is still playable, right? I personally did not notice the bug when I started my turn, and still made it past character generation, so the solution is simple:we just avoid the bug completely. That is to say, avoid going on page 3+ . This also means that unretiring adventurers will be impossible.

Also, if the problem is caused by having too many retired adventurers on the list, would you find it acceptable to kill off a number of them for the sake of being able to unretire the rest?
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 13, 2013, 06:37:05 am »

I don't think we can scroll to the existing adventurers. Also, its not strictly caused by the number of adventurers on the list. I took one of the last working saves and started and retired five or six adventurers in that save, it did not trigger the bug.

Kromgar, you could start your turn now with a new adventurer, or we could move your turn down by one slot to see if we can fix this. Laularukyrumo could in that case play in the meantime, he'll be unaffected by the bug because he will need a new character anyhow.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 13, 2013, 11:06:48 am »

Maybe killing the existing adventurers in-world with a new character who then commits seppuku would work? I dunno, I'll have to do some science...

...after my turn. FUCK! Was hoping I'd have at least a bit of time to practice some more. Oh boy. Imma get raeped.

welp. Time to fire this shit up. YOLO
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 13, 2013, 11:31:54 am »

You can start if kromgar agrees to have his turn postphoned for now the old turn order is still effective. Everybody is free to bugtest ofcourse

Killing all adventurers would be a bit drastic and would lead to the same result as the bug: nobody can be unretired any more. As stated above the number of adventurers might not be the problem, since adding a lot of new adventurers to the old save does not cause the bug. It might be a specific bug introduced during stomic chickens turn. I wonder if killing atomic chicken's character would help (if it does, then the game REALLY doesn't want us to acquire vampirism)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:45:45 am by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 162