Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Age of Man  (Read 78544 times)

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Man
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2012, 01:21:42 am »

Once we can make masks maybe we can make some sort of armour the same way? Like a chest plate held on with plant fiber rope to defend against spears if the other tribe returns

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »

Once we can make masks maybe we can make some sort of armour the same way? Like a chest plate held on with plant fiber rope to defend against spears if the other tribe returns
+1
And dont make the mistake that the other tribe did. We dont just make one, we make several. we dont just go out with one, our whole party wears it. It conceals who is the main guy.
+1
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2012, 01:25:23 pm »

Over the course of a month go looking for other tribes. Before you start searching however, make 3 throwing spears for everyone in the tribe and try to build up a small stock of food so we can use it in the course of diplomacy. Also try to figure out how to make portable tents. Think of it like expanded cloths. You have put things abovve your head and have noticied it keeps the rain away, and you like the animal fur wrapped around your body, so wouldn't it be nice to have animal fur constantly above your head? (just trying to think about how the first guy to come up with the idea of tents thought about it.)

Also, I hope for this entire time we were procreating. We need some more people.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2012, 02:37:39 pm »

Over the course of a month go looking for other tribes. Before you start searching however, make 3 throwing spears for everyone in the tribe and try to build up a small stock of food so we can use it in the course of diplomacy. Also try to figure out how to make portable tents. Think of it like expanded cloths. You have put things abovve your head and have noticied it keeps the rain away, and you like the animal fur wrapped around your body, so wouldn't it be nice to have animal fur constantly above your head? (just trying to think about how the first guy to come up with the idea of tents thought about it.)

Also, I hope for this entire time we were procreating. We need some more people.

It's largely down to chance.

or rape, if the mood ever takes you... but that does lower respect of the tribe massively.
lol, I just meant increasing the chances.
Sigged
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:39:53 pm by Mr. Palau »

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »

+1 to finding more people

Also, is everyone in our tribe efficient with the throwing spears? We only trained up the old guy as far as i remember, so we should make sure everyone has some skill.
And make some packs from animal skin to carry food in.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2012, 02:18:45 pm »

. . . . those plants are useful. We should see how they grow. examin them, see if any saplings are growing around the ones we found. Or flowers. Or even fruits/berries. Maybe we could grow them to make more armor. even though it will take a long while.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2012, 03:24:47 pm »

+1 to finding more people

Also, is everyone in our tribe efficient Proficent with the throwing spears? We only trained up the old guy as far as i remember, so we should make sure everyone has some skill.
And make some packs from animal skin to carry food in.
FTFY (sorry that was kind of obsessive compulsive of me but I had to do it)
+1 to all the ideas.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2012, 12:59:13 pm »

Update today, maybe?

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2012, 05:01:47 pm »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2012, 06:34:07 pm »

I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 25, 2012, 03:19:07 pm »

Try to cath little animals with spear.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »

(if we can hear speach across this lake it can't be too big) That being the case, travel around the lake, until you are roughly two hours from the camp. This distance is to make sure they don't see us. Sleep until night fall, then begin the trek to the camp of the other village. (if it toke you more than a day to get there, make sure not to set a fire to cook anything, and go to sleep for a day. The next night, begin the attack plan) Make sure the entire tribe is armed with throwing spears, and of course the regular ones, as we approach. See how many people there are in the tribe, if they are smaller than you are announce your pressence and jump out of the bushes. If they are bigger or the same size, first try to just sneak away, and if they notice you before (or during) that, charge on in and fight it out.

Minority

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2012, 05:12:33 pm »

Diplomacy at spear point? I like it, although might it be better to try and make allies? How far away are they from our home?
Idea: surround them but stay hidden, at night so we can hide, and then send one person in alone, claiming to be lost. If they dont act kindly, attack because they will be distracted. It they offer to help, then we know they arent the nasty tribe from before and we can 'be reunited' with our lost member, and make some allies.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:57 pm »

Diplomacy at spear point? I like it, although might it be better to try and make allies? How far away are they from our home?
Idea: surround them but stay hidden, at night so we can hide, and then send one person in alone, claiming to be lost. If they dont act kindly, attack because they will be distracted. It they offer to help, then we know they arent the nasty tribe from before and we can 'be reunited' with our lost member, and make some allies.
This.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

This.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23