Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3859360 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #13200 on: March 28, 2013, 02:14:43 am »

push lars into a volcano  build a pumpstack   go fishing for magma carp

walk around and use echolocation to map the area, maintain minimal safe distance from thermal vents and other such things.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13201 on: March 28, 2013, 03:25:13 am »

Keep following the leader
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13202 on: March 28, 2013, 03:59:21 am »

((Aren't even MkI's essentially insulated against heat to such a degree that you could take a bath in molten metal without adverse effects?))

Anton waits. Help doesn't arrive, apart from a likewise inadequately protected Mesk. "Might as well be watching paint dry. Translucent, radioactive blue paint." Flint's transmission reaches him just as he's about to try something stupid, like shooting one of the grains with a laser to see what happens. "Roger that, Flint, and thanks. Should come in handy." Leaving Mesk to watch the artifacts, Anton goes back into the base.

Go to the Labs, find a few sample containers labelled "Radiation-Shielded". Failing that, just grab anything opaque and metallic that looks like it can do. Go to the Garage and get into Flint's exosuit. Familiarize myself with controls and walk back out to the infirmary umbilical, sample containers in suit's manipulators. Proceed to stuff artifacts into containers, if possible without touching them. If containers not adequate to reduce radiation levels, move them away from the base until Mesk reports that radiation levels are acceptably low for the infirmary to function. Keep a watchful eye on the artifacts(or containers, if opaque) at all times.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13203 on: March 28, 2013, 04:33:58 am »

((Considering we are back at base now...))
Find those blue beady things and use slingshot on them (something to do at least)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13204 on: March 28, 2013, 07:47:43 am »

"What? Why? Oh fuck it."

Scan anomaly with weirdvision, don't fall in.

((And yes, the MKI's are insulated enough to take a bath in molten metal. Or at least enough to make a cast from it.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13205 on: March 28, 2013, 08:14:06 am »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Gates of horn and ivory, in base

((I'm a bit surprised red team came back to base, since Michael [Corsair] is the only human there.))

"Hey, can anybody write a program for these drones so that they 'throw' themselves through certain points, if you have the time for it? You know something like bwoosh" Flint made a small fence with his one hand and a fist with the other. "tschoou" He then tried to imitate the sound of an engine cut-off as the fist flew in an arc over the fence. "bwoowoo" he said as the fist reactivated its engines and continued flying. "A system to detect anomalies would also be great from you MacGuyver people. Something like a rock thrower or even a spraycan attached on the drone so that it can tell where motion anomalies begin." ((Basically an IC way of requesting projects ''Drone anomaly sensor upgrade","Spraygun" and "Fast zone mapping drone" from my notes to be completed whenever you have the time. Later though, since the Medbay repair takes priority.))

Wake up. Place full sample containers in the vault. Refill equipment (Sample containers,Food and drink for 4 people for 2 days,4 automapping drones, cans of spraypaint). Examine the Manual Powered Vehicle (MPV). Look around for any camping equipment, like those self assembling tent things they sold on the sword. ((Some exploring while I wait for Anton to finish playing around with my exosuit.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13206 on: March 28, 2013, 08:52:46 am »

Brother Lars looks around, happy that his squad is filled with holy energy.  "Onward, men, in the name of Steve!  We shall trek deep into this anomaly!  May Cog-Azaon grant us understanding of this world!"

Head deeper into the anomaly, toward the center.  Don't fall in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13207 on: March 28, 2013, 10:21:50 am »

Bishop wakes up feeling somewhat uneasy from the bad dreams, stretches a bit and puts his suit back on before heading to the garage.

"I suppose I best get ready to fix that hole I noticed earlier. It's not going to fix itself."

Get the required supplies to fix the hole and after the strange crap is gone, take a good look at the hole to see if there's anything left over. If not, fix the damn thing already.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13208 on: March 28, 2013, 11:44:28 am »

Find those blue beady things and use slingshot on them (something to do at least)

((Sorry if you feel bored. Maybe I'm being too careful, but once the experimenting starts you'll have enough to do for sure.))

"If anyone would like to try and grab one of those residual glass-like object, I'll leave my pliers here. Best try not to touch those, I reckon."

Leave pliers in barracks. Then, try to program a drone so that it can directly stream its video signal to my suit, and so that I can control it remotely. Once that works, get back to the visual anomaly and try to map the edge of it using the drone.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13209 on: March 28, 2013, 12:41:01 pm »

((Basically an IC way of requesting projects ''Drone anomaly sensor upgrade","Spraygun" and "Fast zone mapping drone" from my notes to be completed whenever you have the time. Later though, since the Medbay repair takes priority.))
((You do know that IC, those projects have already been suggested. And Bishop has already promised to build a dust gun. So you don't actually need to talk about it as if this idea has just come into your head, since we already discussed it.))

"Bishop, I understand that sealing this hole is important, but I wonder what happens if you get stuck. Because I feel this could drag on for a while. Maybe not in this case, but some other time. In those situations, should we just leave without you? Also, this doesn't apply to our current situation, since as Flint reminded us, we should probably get those projects built first."

Refill Supplies. Help Flint with looking around for stuff.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13210 on: March 28, 2013, 12:55:18 pm »

"It shouldn't take too long, but if it looks like it is, feel free to head out anyway. I'll catch up with you when I'm done."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13211 on: March 28, 2013, 02:27:15 pm »

"Bishop, I understand that sealing this hole is important, but I wonder what happens if you get stuck. Because I feel this could drag on for a while. Maybe not in this case, but some other time. In those situations, should we just leave without you? Also, this doesn't apply to our current situation, since as Flint reminded us, we should probably get those projects built first."
"Well, no need to do these things like RIGHT NOW. I'm just putting the idea out there. Our objective is to make a scouting run, remember? Green team and red team have already started exploring their second sector and we're still on our first. Granted, ours is one of the most dangerous, but that's all the more reason to not delay and find a safe path through zone 3."

((Basically an IC way of requesting projects a|''Drone anomaly sensor upgrade",b|"Spraygun" and c|"Fast zone mapping drone" from my notes to be completed whenever you have the time. Later though, since the Medbay repair takes priority.))
((You do know that IC, those projects have already been suggested. And Bishop has already promised to build a dust gun. So you don't actually need to talk about it as if this idea has just come into your head, since we already discussed it.))
((1)I remember the b| (spraygun/dustgun/whatevergun) was discussed but I do not remember the other things coming up, neither IC nor OOC. The idea for c| was a result from my rock throwing/drone wrecking experiments and a| came to me when I was thinking of ways to allow the drone to continue exploring the motion anomalies on its own, since there's a chance its signals may become scrambled or change frequency when it's in the anomalous zone. So the drone goes in the zone and starts using an appropriate detection method that will come up from project b|along with a motion tracking program to detect anomalies and avoid them or jump through them with method c|.

2)The part you quoted showed nothing about me claiming these ideas as my own. I simply said that those projects were also noted in my notes so that people can see them and remember what the proposals are. Which is the exact purpose of noting them down in the notes. I do not claim ownership of what is written there.

3)Please read the above in a non-offensive tone. I am simply making a statement and trying to understand. Just saying, since it has recently come to my attention that such misunderstandings can arise when communicating through text.))

((Completely irrelevant, but I just realized the green team would have finished mapping zone 6 quicker and much less irradiated if they had just sent a drone to map the edge of the blue glow. Then again, if they had sent a drone and then left, they wouldn't have seen the anomaly brake off from the center and as a result the base team would have had much less time to prepare for the anomaly.))

((EDIT:Fixed spelling errors and post layout.))
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:03:07 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13212 on: March 28, 2013, 02:38:27 pm »

((Could you split your wall into paragraphs, or at least new lines, especially the a/b/c and 1/2/3 bits? My eyes want to escape every time I try to read it. No offence to you personally. PS: a key for a/b/c would also help.

To be continued when I actually read it and formulate a responce.

))
"Well, no need to do these things like RIGHT NOW. I'm just putting the idea out there. Our objective is to make a scouting run, remember? Green team and red team have already started exploring their second sector and we're still on our first. Granted, ours is one of the most dangerous, but that's all the more reason to not delay and find a safe path through zone 3."
"One, this is not a race. Two, the reason were behind is because we bumped into the Red's anomaly while exploring. The drone you sent mapped their sector, and plenty of it too.

And the dust gun in particular would actually ease things up a lot, even if Piecewise does not reflect on it. I don't know about you, but at the grand age of 46, my back is very sore from bending down and picking up those rocks. So I would appreciate anything that would allow me not to bend down to pick something up every 5 meters. And you over 60 aren't you? Shouldn't it be worse for you? Maybe it's your mining suit, or maybe you're just more fit..."

((Ok, I think I understand better what you meant. I must have been thinking of something else which we did mention or discuss. And I specifically avoided accusing you of claiming these ideas as your own, since you didn't actually say it. But since you mentioned it, remember that you always have to filter that stuff through the lens of our DM. I don't know if the ideas are actually worth much, or if it's the person who makes stuff who makes them who's the winner, but it's also may be who's the loudest in talking about it.... Still not accusing you of anything.

And I think you don't think you really have to worry about the tokens at this point. You're probably getting a bonus for excessive notekeeping.

PS: Regarding me mentioning Piecewise in my dialogue. Yes, I broke the fourth wall. Yes, I will do it again when I feel it fits. No, it will not be as bad as Homestuck. I am aiming at something similar to the Order of The Stick, but significantly tamer. Basically I am
a): trying to avoid saying something in a convoluted way, and then having to attach an OOC explanation, and
b): sometimes I may do it for humor. ))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:05:07 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13213 on: March 28, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »

((Paris:  While that's true, I was reading about the time dilations at the time and was paranoid of sending a drone into the unknown.  Also, I get the feeling heavy radiation would be bad for the drone.  As for this zone, we're going for the center for just that reason.  Assume the worst is at the center, and if we can go there (or reasonably close) then the drone is safe to send.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13214 on: March 28, 2013, 03:55:08 pm »

((Sorry if you feel bored. Maybe I'm being too careful, but once the experimenting starts you'll have enough to do for sure.))
Well It is something to science do you want me to edit my action somewhat?(and the reason for using my slingshot is because it hasn't had much opportunity to do much beyond slinging rocks anyway).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:57:53 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 879 880 [881] 882 883 ... 1256