Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 432865 times)

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #2355 on: April 28, 2012, 08:01:37 pm »

*opens door to room and looks out* What... The.... F**K!?!? I sleep for a day and this happens? *promptly turns around and walks back into room and mines a fallout bunker*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:08:07 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: April 28, 2012, 08:06:48 pm »

As I continue to slash left and right, I notice I am starting to fight zombies, which was strange, because the only way that could be is if...

SH*T!

I quickly locate the Necromancer, and I let myself enter the martial trnace once again, simply aiming myself in the general direction of the Necromancer.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 28, 2012, 09:03:04 pm »

time seems to slow down....    zombies are cleaved, and raise up again, in an endless dance of the macabre.

Demon manamaids are kicked mercilessly by flaming camels, and undead puppies and kittens swarm the beasts of fire, salt and frost like a biblical plague.

Like the eye of the storm, a bloody faced monster of madness given form rides high upon a rearing dead unicorn; blood, gore, flesh, and severed bones twist and cry out in pain and terror in a swirling vortex of undeath shrouding the evil sorcerer like a cloak of ghastly black and red silk. A glowing beacon of white flesh, long dark hair, and flowing rivers of blood peircing the blackness of the caverns. A pillar of regal poise in stark contrast to the chaos surrounding him.

He gestures, and the dead swirl and glide at his command. The corpses of the fallen shiver, and walk again and again.

In a clear, terrible timbre, the necromancer sings the dreaded song, as his host of horrors howl and swirl about him...

"For there is just one moon, and one golden sun, and it shines just as brightly for everyone; though the oceans are wide, and the mountains divide..."

IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL!

The final chords come out harsh, vicious and terrible.  The undead creatures voice their own twisted, and horrible version of the song in defiance of the singing of the demons, mocking them, and driving them back towards the spire.

In the fray, a single dwarf with an emotionless expression glides like a kinfe over red silk through the din and chaos toward the necromancer...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:06:37 pm by wierd »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 28, 2012, 09:06:54 pm »

What.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 28, 2012, 09:07:22 pm »

Tath Zagith and Indilwen have gone missing
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 09:09:02 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: April 28, 2012, 10:41:38 pm »

A thief! Kill the.......I thought thieves only carry daggers!

A kobold size longsword OF PURE OCD.

Now, if it ODD that only I am fighting the ultimate evil? And since hes fighting with no true plan, my OCD will not kill him, but give him a plan for taking for THE WORLD!

THROUGH BUISANCE AND LAND-OWNING!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:45:19 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: April 28, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »

Eric Blank cancels be dead; found a really cool opalized wood deposit! And a tiny knapped arrowhead.

I need to figure out when it was made, but I suspect it my not be very old, just becuase it's not very heavily eroded. It's ade of the opalized wood I found all over on top a hill outside town. I intend to go back tomorrow with a shovel and look for the parent log of fossilized wood it may all belong to, but there's always the chance I'm looking at the remains of what some other rock hound dug up, and the arrowhead they knapped while there.

Pics! Because it happened!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The arrowhead is about 1.5cm in length. It's opal, though, so that's pretty damn impressive.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:41:45 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: April 29, 2012, 01:07:41 am »

We must work together if we intend to kill these 3589∞ demons! Wierd, go and re-reanimate Michael Jackson. We need your army of zombies dancing if we intend to live. Corai, I'll need you to take this not-shiny down into hell, place it next to the third eerie glowing pit on the right and press the big, red button. Then get out of there there quickly and start recruiting more kobolds. Preferrably ones that speak gibberish with a russian accent (trust me on this one, no time to explain). If you do this, I'll give you a shiny. ThatAussieGuy, get us a checkerboard, Garry Kasparov and Deep Blue. Loud Whispers, just keep walling these holes shut as they appear. If any new Oliollis come, lead them down here. Girlinhat, we need you to come down here and give us an inspiring speech.

The ‼copper pick‼ implodes for no reason whatsoever!
Oliolli grabs the four-armed brute by the left lower leg with his right hand.
Oliolli strikes the manamaid demon in the head with the four-armed brute, and the severed part sails off in an arc!

How many of you guys are still alive? Orky? Oliollis? Also, how many zombies are we talking about?

Oliolli kicks the steam spirit in the lower body, and the severed part sails off in an arc!

All of a sudden, the ghostly torso of an Oliolli floats through the wall of the adamantine spire, ceasing the existance of every demon it passes through.

You guys didn't memorialize the first Oliolli, did you?

Oliolli strikes the ass fiend in the lower body with the xfour-armed brutex, bruising the guts!
Oliolli loses hold of the XXfour-armed bruteXX
The tumbleweed demon pushes Oliolli in the right lower arm, bruising the fat!
The spinning XXfour-armed brute strikes the skinless monster in the head tearing the skin, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

The XXfour-armed brute has been lodged firmly in the wound.
The skinless monster has been knocked unconscious.
The skinless monster has been struck down!
Orky_Boss hacks the XXfour-armed bruteXX in the head with the ☼adamantine short sword☼ and the severed part sails off in an arc!
the XXfour-armed bruteXX has been struck down!

I've got an idea how I can close another crack in time. I'll just need some time to refine my pl- ALRIGHT CHAPS, LET'S DO THIS! LEEEROOOYYYY...

Oliolli quickly grabs a winged horror to use as a weapon and jumps through the floor of the spire into hell. More sounds of combat can be heard, as 721 new waves of demons appear.

JEEEEENKIIIIINSS!!!

If I wasn't indafangitable
Begin the dentistry.
OOC: Thank you for pointing that out. You seem to be some sort of Comedic Spelling Nazi. You go through everyone's posts with the utmost effort to see errors, and when you spot them, you make a joke based on it.
It sustains me.

He is the Grammar Hammerer. He needs it to live.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:10:40 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: April 29, 2012, 01:17:18 am »

The Grammerer, as it were.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 29, 2012, 01:50:37 am »

Russian accent you say?

Kobolds come in with mini-AK47s and mini-tanks.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 29, 2012, 02:07:18 am »

Fen Valdyr has gone missing! Where his door once stood there is now only a slab of stone.
The slab of stone is engraved.

k I

This is an engraving of a tower and a kobold. This relates to the disappearance of Fen Valdyr in year ??. Under the engraving is carved "At summer home, back when you guys clean the place up a bit."
This space for rent

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 29, 2012, 02:16:15 am »

Fen Valdyr has gone missing! Where his door once stood there is now only a slab of stone.
The slab of stone is engraved.

k I

This is an engraving of a tower and a kobold. This relates to the disappearance of Fen Valdyr in year ??. Under the engraving is carved "At summer home, back when you guys clean the place up a bit."

At summerhome.

Kobold swordsman1: Your required back at the twelth bay, we have orders to cut off your right arm if you refuse.

Kobold2: *Throwing torches at the house*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: April 29, 2012, 03:03:44 am »

* MaximumZero obtains a large quantity of random metals, bones, gems, a barrel of rum and three bolts of spider silk cloth.

MaximumZero is taken by a fey mood!
MaximumZero has claimed a magma forge!
MaximumZero works furiously!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: April 29, 2012, 03:19:20 am »

* MaximumZero obtains a large quantity of random metals, bones, gems, a barrel of rum and three bolts of spider silk cloth.

MaximumZero is taken by a fey mood!
MaximumZero has claimed a magma forge!
MaximumZero works furiously!

Staring.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 29, 2012, 03:19:43 am »

Naryar, Disciple of Spears, Iron and Cogs has been very unhappy lately. He took joy in slaughter. He enjoyed starting a fist fight lately. He has been attacked. He has sustained minor injuries. He had a fine drink recently. He was deeply frustrated about the general state of the fortress lately. He had been satisfied at work lately. He was very pleased with making an artifact. He was angry about being interrupted constantly for insane reasons. He was disgusted by a kobold recently. He was worried about losing his sanity recently. He was disgusted by miasma recently.

Naryar cancels Load Cage Trap : Interrupted by Goblin Spearman

Naryar bashes the Goblin Spearman in the head with his -iron cage-, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain !

Naryar cancels Store item in stockpile : Interrupted by Goblin Axeman

Naryar stabs the Goblin Axeman in the right foot with his -steel spear- and the severed part sails off in an arc !
Naryar bashes the Goblin Axeman in the head with the shaft of his -steel spear-, bruising the muscle through the -troll fur cap-, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain !

Naryar cancels  : Interrupted by Kobold Thief
The Kobold Thief stabs Naryar in the lower body with it's large iron dagger, tearing the muscle and bruising the guts through the +iron breastplate+ !
Naryar is sick !
Naryar vomits !
The Kobold Thief slashes Naryar in the upper body with it's large iron dagger, but the attack is deflected by Naryar's +iron breastplate !
Naryar Zarâkith, the Wrath of Outrage has gone berserk !
Naryar bites the Kobold Thief in the throat, tearing the skin and tearing the muscle !
The Kobold Thief is surprised by the ferocity of Naryar's assault !
Naryar shakes the Kobold Thief by the throat, tearing the muscle !
A major artery in the throat has been opened !
Naryar punches the Kobold Thief in the upper body with his left hand, tearing the muscle, shattering the upper left rib and tearing the heart !
Naryar adjusts the grip of his left hand around the Kobold Thief's heart !
The Kobold Thief gives in to pain.
Naryar rips off the heart of the Kobold Thief's upper body !
The spinning xkobold heartx strikes the Kobold Thief in the head, bruising the muscle !
The Kobold Thief has bled to death.

Naryar goes outside and charges at the goblin ambush.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 214