Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 333

Author Topic: Food Thread: Kitchen Chemistry  (Read 481469 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Food Thread: Puenster on Punpernickel
« Reply #2985 on: July 14, 2015, 05:03:24 am »

Ouch, that's tough, bro.

Okay, okay, I'll stop.  :P

But seriously, yeah, unless you're marinating the shit out of it in something like yoghurt to soften the meat, an oven seems like the wrong way to cook lean meat. Good luck though, and keep at it, cause tandoori is fucking boss!

Also, Penguin, I love the title.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 14, 2015, 11:20:59 am »

This isn't related to puns, sadly, but I am here today to bring you some pictures of our new tandoori oven in operation.

...You have no idea how much I want a tandoor oven right now. I'm pretty sure you can make one out of bricks and a big flowerpot.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 14, 2015, 11:23:19 am »

I attempted to make cookies.

I forgot the milk, and the oven couldn't get hot enough because of low voltage.

I am sadness.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 16, 2015, 01:34:11 am »

I am sadness.

Forgetting the milk will be tough, but do you have a pan? Stove cookies aren't all that bad. Heat is heat.

Today I did something that should be illegal. I brined chicken breast for twelve hours, lightly coated in panko dust, then pan fried in uncut salted butter.

Oh. My. God.

I'll be dead tomorrow, but this was a great last meal.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 16, 2015, 02:45:35 am »

You put little balls of peanut butter in the batter, right? :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #2990 on: July 16, 2015, 03:13:01 am »

I just invented caffeinated porridge. Okay, I probably didn't invent it, but as far as I know, I invented it.

Basically, I made coffee in a French Press and used it to make my porridge (it's the "fine" kind that cooks really fast). I also added a big spoon of chocolate powder and a small spoon of soy powder ("cream" flavored kind so it doesn't taste bad - obviously real milk of some sort would be better but I didn't have any). It's pretty yummy, though much sticker than my porridge usually is. And it's definitely giving me a buzz!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2991 on: July 16, 2015, 03:20:48 am »

I'll have to remember that. I've been breakfasting on chocolate oatmeal that basically amounts to making a cup of salted cocoa and boiling oats in it, but including coffee hadn't occurred to me as a serious thought...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 16, 2015, 03:30:45 am »

I am sadness.

Forgetting the milk will be tough, but do you have a pan? Stove cookies aren't all that bad. Heat is heat.

The cookies turned out okay, actually. Nice and crispy, and I had to bake them for half an hour instead of 15 minutes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 16, 2015, 08:39:25 am »

Wrong thread
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 16, 2015, 11:20:26 am »

I am sadness.

Today I did something that should be illegal. I brined chicken breast for twelve hours, lightly coated in panko dust, then pan fried in uncut salted butter.

Oh. My. God.

Pshaw. If that should be illegal, then what the South does to chicken should be a crime against humanity. Try marinating in buttermilk and spices overnight, then flash-frying it in lard.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 16, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

I am sadness.

Oh. My. God.

Pshaw. If that should be illegal, then what the South does to chicken should be a crime against humanity. Try marinating in buttermilk and spices overnight, then flash-frying it in lard.

That's also pretty bad, and by bad I mean delicious - but it doesn't feel nearly as primal as straight-up salt & butter.

I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

I just invented caffeinated porridge. Okay, I probably didn't invent it, but as far as I know, I invented it.

Basically, I made coffee in a French Press and used it to make my porridge (it's the "fine" kind that cooks really fast). I also added a big spoon of chocolate powder and a small spoon of soy powder ("cream" flavored kind so it doesn't taste bad - obviously real milk of some sort would be better but I didn't have any). It's pretty yummy, though much sticker than my porridge usually is. And it's definitely giving me a buzz!
I do the same thing with my soylent these days, though sans creamer (I use hot chocolate powder). Works pretty nicely there, too.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 16, 2015, 02:12:16 pm »

If soylent is people, does that mean chocolate soylent is black people?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 16, 2015, 02:58:28 pm »

I am sadness.

I made chocolate brownies marbled with peanut butter mixed with sugar and milk. Sadly, I am not the smartest at what it means to "marble" but thankfully someone else fixed it for me.

I need to make brownies now. I hate you in the best way.

This may just be enough to get me to start eating breakfast.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 16, 2015, 04:14:33 pm »

If soylent is people, does that mean chocolate soylent is black people?
No, it's Oompa-Loompas.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 333