_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5787755 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1620 on: May 24, 2012, 01:47:42 am »

((Properous, what type of cig did you get?))
Attempt to scuttle around to behind the sentinel and whip it from there.

((I am not entirely sure, but I think it is the kind of cigarette (thank you, I realized I was misspelling it) that turns you into an emotionless but insightful freak))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 24, 2012, 01:54:33 am »

((I am not entirely sure, but I think it is the kind of cigarette (thank you, I realized I was misspelling it) that turns you into an emotionless but insightful freak))

((Hence why I want to know. Nick already lacks empathy (That is, sharing another's emotion, if his emotions are similar to another's, it is because he has his own reasons, which might be the same, but not because of the other having said emotion), so who knows what that cig might do to him?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:54 am »

((Hence why I want to know. Nick already lacks empathy (That is, sharing another's emotion, if his emotions are similar to another's, it is because he has his own reasons, which might be the same, but not because of the other having said emotion), so who knows what that cig might do to him?))

((Aaah, there is only one way to find out. I think Nik should hold on to his ball sack and pay a visit to the AM. She's giving away, drugs, tabacco and liquor like it's nothing))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 24, 2012, 02:00:32 am »

((Aaah, there is only one way to find out. I think Nik should hold on to his ball sack and pay a visit to the AM. She's giving away, drugs, tabacco and liquor like it's nothing))

((Wrong Nick. Mine has the c in it. Nik's doesn't.

Also, I might want an arm that could easily grasp something (I don't want to trust the ones of my tentacles because, as far as I know, they're "Barbed") before going and getting anything.))

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:46 am »

((Wrong Nick. Mine has the c in it. Nik's doesn't.

Also, I might want an arm that could easily grasp something (I don't want to trust the ones of my tentacles because, as far as I know, they're "Barbed") before going and getting anything.))

((Oops, sorry))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 24, 2012, 02:16:14 am »

((The reason we have built in limiters for our bodily reserves is that when the body uses them, it damages itself from the sheer amount of energy output. Remember how faith was injured after she hulked out? Same thing here.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: May 24, 2012, 02:35:09 am »

((Yeah, I remember, but I would attribute that to inefficient control of the energy output. What I'm talking about, however, are the semi-mythical body control techniques which they say are known in the east (you know, the standart stuff). The question here is, however, what is GM's position on those and if any of them survived the interstellar expansion of the humankind. That's why I'm going to have an extensive research on that subject after the training session.
Oh, and there is one more possibility: they are already wide-known (in their true form, much less impressive than it was rumored) and ubiquitously employed, and that just goes without mentioning. That way we'd still have  the option (if not consciousness-controlled) to release the full output, but wouldn't be able to improve our ability to control it any more than it is already possible.
For the record: I don't know if those are real or not (and don't really care in this particular case), but some say they are, and that's enough for me (and for this particular case) (you know, the same goes for the modern-day physics - sure, they say it works that way, and there are the attributed benefits of it, but I don't really know, I'm not a physicist myself, and I even can't observe anything they're talking about, the way it was possible, say, in Ancient Greece or Newton's era). ))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:43:04 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 24, 2012, 02:50:32 am »

((It's not inefficient, it's just that our muscles literally tear themselves apart from the sheer amount of force they produce.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:42 am »

(( Hmmm, yes. I meant that it might be possible to increase the power input to the muscles by small increments and micro-bursts (or something like that) in order to improve the strength without applying too much of it (and thus avoiding the damage of tearing the muscles), really. Say, Faith's berserk mode potential being applied not continiously, but in small 'pulses' if we compare it to firing a laser rifle. Not sure if that would work, though.
Using the less powerful version of the aforementioned berserk mode might also help, by the way.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:09:25 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 24, 2012, 03:09:10 am »

(( Hmmm, yes. I meant that it might be possible to increase the power input to the muscles by small increments and micro-bursts (or something like that) in order to improve the strength without applying too much of it (and thus avoiding the damage of tearing the muscles), really. Say, Faith's berserk mode potential being applied not continiously, but in small 'pulses' if we compare it to firing a laser rifle. Not sure if that would work, though.))

((That's already in all of us. It's called "Adrenaline". I bet the Doc would have something to give you conscious control of it.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 24, 2012, 03:28:17 am »

(( Yep, you're right. Still, I doubt if Doc should be the one I'm going to go to in this particular case. My guess, I'd go with Armory Master. I mean, I don't want to end up like May or Nekarios (no offence, I just don't want those nifty 'upgrades'), and I hope that there's no need for external appendages in this case, having the right frame of mind would suffice. In my book, 'I'm just that good' includes that much :) ))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:33:57 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 24, 2012, 03:49:09 am »

(( Yep, you're right. Still, I doubt if Doc should be the one I'm going to go to in this particular case. My guess, I'd go with Armory Master. I mean, I don't want to end up like May or Nekarios (no offence, I just don't want those nifty 'upgrades'), and I hope that there's no need for external appendages in this case, having the right frame of mind would suffice. In my book, 'I'm just that good' includes that much :) ))

((Actually, now I'm really thinking, I'm going into Tinker when I'm finished with the MEHMRCMS, fully examining the cyber-spider legs and the cyber-tentacle arms, then using those and some other stuff to design my own custom bits. Which I will then have Doc put on me. Whether he wants to or not.))
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:51:32 am by PyroDesu »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 24, 2012, 06:58:01 am »

"Awww. I wanted to see what people were working on. Eh, I should really get to know the people here. And I should go get those extra focusing chambers."

Go to the armory, and get three focusing chambers.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:18 am »

Victor sits there, dumbfounded, for five seconds and then write one word under the picture.
Quote from: word under picture
Common?
If he says yes, write that i am ready. if he says no, Give him a bear hug. With all my strength.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 24, 2012, 07:28:25 am »

((@PyroDesu *grin*  8)
Also, proceeding with the plan to join tinkering space and efforts just after the MEHMRCMS, or after you take care of some unfinished business?

@kisame12794 Why not ask each tinkerer individually? That would, by the way, do us all a great job - I mean, if you negotiate for the sharing the tinker data among all the participants.
Actually, I've already given everyone permission to see and use my research projects (both finished and unfinished)... but I guess it went away with the whole amount of the collected research data :) Still, you know that I've shown my intent to share the research results, so you can start with me, for example ))
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 2101