No
- 1 (3.6%)
It was fun for a long time but towards the end it just started to drag
- 6 (21.4%)
I wish I could have joined in.
- 17 (60.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 306

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued... FULL DISCLOSURE  (Read 253021 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall, continued...
« Reply #4500 on: February 15, 2013, 12:02:40 am »

[Maybe the deranged squirrel is it's true form. The undirected, life-warping magic probably had a remote possibility of causing superhero style mutations, this rodent just got the 1 in several million chance.]

[The only sure-fire way to kill it I can think of is dumping it into an eerie glowing pit, erasing its existence.]

Eric, Gizogin, Lana, Vemini, and Ironblood hurled the shrouded form into the circle. Instantly, it sprang to it's feet and began to charge once more, but another instant later it vanished inside an inky black dome. Everyone was visibly relieved.

After a few moments, Eric simply said "...the fuck?"

The android looked at the shield, looking for any energy signature suggesting breach. Nothing. "That was close..." said Gizo X.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:14:51 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: February 15, 2013, 12:13:13 am »

[Or drawbridge it.  It's not big/heavy enough for that to fail.]
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: February 15, 2013, 12:18:40 am »

[Or drawbridge it.  It's not big/heavy enough for that to fail.]

[Only that no longer completely deatomizes things, just pancakes them. But perhaps it doesn't require complete annihilation to die permanently, and a heavy drawbridge would crush whatever liquid cells it's made of. Only Zanz knows, for now.

Also, updated previous post.]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: February 15, 2013, 02:37:46 am »

[Cells? Clearly it is composed of pure magic!

I prescribe acid baths.]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: February 15, 2013, 02:48:32 am »

[Cells? Clearly it is composed of pure magic!

I prescribe acid baths.]
[Maybe it loses all stability of form after a while and just dissolves into smelly squirrel vapor.]

[Acid baths? We are not becoming the SCP; keeping all the dangerous things of a dwarf fortress world locked in one place is just begging for an improbable series of coincidences to let them all loose at once. Maybe acid baths would actually kill it. I think that's a bit inhumane, though. Something faster, if possible. Magma?]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: February 15, 2013, 02:52:57 am »

[Inhumane? What are you, an elf?

But I suppose magma would be dorfier. Just gotta smother the bubble in a box full of magma and then deactivate the shield let the magma drown all our problems away~

And then only to find out that magma makes it stronger or something, and now we ruined the only proper containment field available.]
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: February 15, 2013, 02:59:41 am »

[We must euthanize it, we haven't the resources to contain it right now. And since it changes shape at will, tricking it into a weaker shape by having someone with no great fears or former enemies attack it won't work.]

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: February 15, 2013, 03:19:46 am »

Oliolli got up. The beast had tossed him away like a rag almost instantly. Quite a blow on his self-esteem, but he would cope. Turns out he had landed on the wrong side of the walls. The gate was wrecked, however, and was easy enough to enter through.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: February 15, 2013, 03:39:44 am »

[agreed. It needs to be euthanized in some fashion. Maybe Lana could "eat" it to death?  Perhaps archie? Archie eats pure lifeforce afterall. Theoretically, it shouldnt be able to revive and reform with no lifeforce, since it isn't undead. I would suggest asking archie if it is up to the challenge first though. It might say no because of the potential risk to its host, and its own risk of destruction....]

[as for not being the SCP warehouse.... I think we already are!  Wierd has a teensy vial of olliollitus contaminated blood, X has fluffballs in glass jars... Archie is a keiter class all by himself, X is a euclid (possibly keiter) class, Wierd is DEFINITELY keiter class, Hugo is Euclid class, Lana is DEFINITELY Keiter class, We have keiter (arguably euclid) class rats running around, and our nearest neighbors aren't much better! We *LIVE* at SCP ground zero! All we need is to introduce the Flesh that Hates and the "very hard to kill reptile", and we are par for the course! Hell, A zombie giant sponge man would be a near dead-ringer fit for "Very hard to kill reptile"! LOL!]

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:09 am »

[Reudh is a SAFE class :D

I would think that Archie would be willing to try, but would be wary. Dwarves and the members of the fortress are safe to him to feed on because of their mundanity (Yes, I know Lana, Wierd, X, and Hugo at the very least are not mundane, but you know what I mean). I'm unsure how he'd react to a strange being like this; to prevent him from being godmoddy he needs some limitations.]

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: February 15, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »

[Presumably it's not godmody if it has to be restrained for this to work. And we do have it restrained.]

[We're not the SCP because we don't go out into the world actually looking for things to make our problem. And we use our paranormal stuff if we can. We're more like a typical wizard campus, a bunch of weirdos who happen to have a collection of strange and dangerous things lying around.]

[BTW, headed to a convention for the weekend. I'll probably still have internet access though.]

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: February 15, 2013, 01:05:27 pm »

[agreed. It needs to be euthanized in some fashion. Maybe Lana could "eat" it to death?  Perhaps archie? Archie eats pure lifeforce afterall. Theoretically, it shouldnt be able to revive and reform with no lifeforce, since it isn't undead. I would suggest asking archie if it is up to the challenge first though. It might say no because of the potential risk to its host, and its own risk of destruction....]

Of course, eating the life-force is the same as killing it, so it might go after either one of their greatest fears...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: February 15, 2013, 01:23:43 pm »

Of course, eating the life-force is the same as killing it, so it might go after either one of their greatest fears...

But would that be killing it in a way that would end it? We can't dump it into an eerie glowing pit as we haven't opened a path to the HFS at this site.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: February 15, 2013, 01:34:09 pm »

But would that be killing it in a way that would end it? We can't dump it into an eerie glowing pit as we haven't opened a path to the HFS at this site.

Wasn't it stated that the pits are rifts in space-time?  If so, then it could either be destroyed, or be sent back in time.  This would be funny if putting it in the pit caused it to first go to the wreck and send it in our direction.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: February 15, 2013, 07:12:30 pm »

[The slashdiver was landing here anyway. Maybe if we sent it back and it landed in the engine and caused a meltdown. But then that suggests a level of manipulation from the Big Bad that creeps me right the hell out...]

"Gizogin, any way we can have a look at it without letting it out?"
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 306