Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 323816 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.1)
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »

I think if you want trade and siege, just take away their snatcher tag, and make their ethics quite different  from dwarves. This way you might have allies, you might have foes.

Why would you align the graphics to the raws, just for overall cleanlyness ? (hope that is indeed an english word) And I think its funny that you suddenly show up now. I have only 10 days left till my return to germany, and wanted to start on my MDF2 then. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.1)
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:20 pm »

Deon I had a thought.
How about two orc races!
Feral orcs-seige
civil orcs-Trade goods
or something like that.
There's no orc race anymore. At least for now. There're barbarians which consist of different subraces, including orcs!

Why would you align the graphics to the raws, just for overall cleanlyness ?
Because I try to organize everything as much as I want for now, for easier tweaking in future.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.2)
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:54 pm »

Genesis 4.2 is out.

- Removed animal people (before adding new minor and major races).
- Minor tweaks here and there.
- Phoebus graphical version.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:14:32 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.3) - fix, ironworks, draugrs
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2012, 04:57:53 am »

Genesis 4.3 is out.

- Anatomical theater, alchemical workshop, library, scriptorium and training crutch are avaliable now (I forgot to add them to dwarves).
- Ironworks is back: crucible, finishing forge and charcoal furnace, and new ways to make steel.
- Coarse iron is back too: iron from ore is coarse and cannot be used for weapons or armor. Hammer it in finishing forge to get weapon/armor-grade iron.
- Material rebalance. Metal values have been tweaked, to return the old Genesis feel.
- Different pewters are simplified to a "pewter".
- Added moonsilver, an alloy of silver and aluminum. It has qualities of iron.
- Undead race has resistance to most materials and has weakness to moonsilver.
- New semimegabeast - draugr. It's an undead who lives in cold climates in barrows, wields weapons and hunts those who disturb his sleep. It has great resistance to most materials and weakness to moonsilver.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Wait a bit please, DFFD is weird and times out. I will reupload it as soon as it's back up.

[EDIT] It is back again, you can download now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.11] GENESIS 4 MOD (ver. 4.4) - spriggans, wendigo, fallen.
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2012, 01:29:10 am »

4.4 is out.
- Undead race is now called "fallen".
- Fallen have  common, revenants, liches and shamblers.
- Revenants can cast a "lifebreak" ability which disorients an enemy and brings pain.
- Cooldowns on lich spells (curse and reanimate dead) are greatly increased.
- New graphics for fallen.
- Added spriggans. They can turn into a tree for a short period of time to fully regenerate.
- Added wendigo. They are undead, so moonsilver should work great against them too.
- Fixed enormous spawn rates of giants in glacier/tundra.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:31:11 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2012, 08:04:33 am »

You be pump'n em out, cap'n! Keep up the good work!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2012, 08:23:28 am »

deon I salute you and your mod
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2012, 12:46:28 pm »

Sorry for being slow, as I said I have a lot of work and my job is tiring, but nonetheless I spend my breaks and free time on DF again now :). I need to add tons of fantasy creatures. Griffons, hippogriffs, different insectoids and all sorts of enemies I had before, rebalanced. That's the reason I culled mundane wildlife and removed all too specific animals: it may be interesting to hunt great horned owls, chinchilla men and copperhead snakes, but I'd rather have some wolves, deer, cows etc. as a wildlife for your hunters, and fill the rest of the wandering creature list with forest spiders, treants, centaurs and the like.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2012, 01:10:58 pm »

I like treants and ents too. The Wren Men and Thrips Men are just really boring.
I'm currently chopping dingos and wolves and raptors, testing my OldGenesis balance.

Deon, have you read my OldGenesis changelog, any of those changes getting ported over to Genesis 4? My current raws are http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8967397/OldGen%20ironhand%20inprogress%20raws.zip
for example,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My not-yet-released changes' changelog entry:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:16:30 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2012, 02:27:38 pm »

Oh how I've missed you when I worked on the basis of Genesis 4 :).

I will get most of your tweaks which do not touch something which is not yet in (wagons, bones, bumping dogs etc).

For the next version I have:
- New vermin: moths, you can breed them in hives like bees and they produce coccoons which you turn into silk thread (in craftsman's workshop).
- Griffons.
- Treants for temperate forests.
- Chief medical dwarf is called "sage".
- Psychiatrist.

I will call psychiatrist different, but I don't want a tribal feel here (dwarves are more civilized, even while being raving mad maniacs). I think I will call him philosopher.

I'm about to start working on castes for dwarves, nords and dalesmen. Then I will probably release it and start working on dragonsteel and more dragon varieties.
I also need to add more undead (probably to evil regions, what do you think?) to make moonsteel more attractive to make.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:10:33 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2012, 02:45:29 pm »

Oh how I've missed you when I worked on the basis of Genesis 4 :).
I'm a right fountain of ideas, I am :´]
Not so good with 20-hour projects.

I'm about to start working on castes for dwarves, nords and dalesmen. Then I will probably release it and start working on dragonsteel and more dragon varieties.
I also need to add more undead (probably to evil regions, what do you think?) to make moonsteel more attractive to make.
So... two sieging undead civilizations methinks. A weaker one(skeletor, zombi-gnome) that comes early, and an armored undead army(hellknight, ghost, that wendigo) that comes at 140+ population. I'd also like quicklings (halfling of 4x speed). http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Quicklings_%283.5e_Race%29
For jungles, a plant-material beast that is a tangle of vines. (Roper, grimeling etc.)

Beasts that are only in good or evil biomes often play a too minor role in fort mode. There one has to choose to embark in evil area.
Gonna make beneficial potions from plants that dorfs herbalize? "mushroom salve" speeding up healing... "mucus flower" "sli-mellion" "lion's tail" "tiger petal"(sharpens the senses)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2012, 02:55:46 pm »

Hmm, the undead are quite armored now, but not too much. They are like "walking corpses", so no skeletons or something. The lore is that there's a dark influence which can bring anyone affected to life and make them to slowly lose their memories and become mad. At first they were put together in reservations, which led to a forming of undead kingdoms which decided to "recruit" more members by attacking the living, their former nations which are now forgotten for them.

I agree about only good/evil creatures rarily showing up, that's why I make griffons, treants and the like to appear everywhere. Evil areas will have a lot of undead, and good areas will have magic-casting creatures.

I plan to rework farming and alchemy a bit later, with different potions and food with effects.
We think in the same direction :).

I also should start working on caves. The first layer should be fairly tame, with slimes and strange greatures. Pekyt will probably appear again. The second layers should have undead and dangerous creatures, and the third should have crystal creatures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2012, 04:33:07 pm »

Speaking of dragons, this is the list of "DnD Dragon Deities" which inspires me into making a lot of different dragon types: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_deities .

I still haven't decided the full process of making of dragonsteel, it should probably require magma and some alchemy work. It will be a strong alloy potent against dragon, since dragons are another major threat after undead.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2012, 05:15:47 pm »

I hope we'll see some tweaking in vampires, and clouds/weather too. Like beer rain in good areas in Masterwork mod.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 108