Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324185 times)

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.16] - treasure hunters
« Reply #585 on: January 21, 2013, 05:57:05 pm »

You've been playing with default worldgen settings, right? My custom curses reanimate humanoids only.

However EVERY glacier reanimates humanoids, so hue hue hue.
Tried with advanced worldgen settings - went down in 5 minutes again - this time to 3 Void Dwellers that wandered the map. Oh dear.

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.18] - adventure mode update
« Reply #586 on: January 21, 2013, 10:42:40 pm »

Where can i place titanite armor. Is it better than Iron/bronze?

What parts are covered by "iron plate armor" ? Is it better than "dwarfen plate" ?

Thank you !

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21:16 pm »

You can place titanite armor on your upperbody. Titanite is better than steel. Dwarven plate and plate armor protect torso and arms, dwarven plate provides the best coverage. Full helms are best helms.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 21, 2013, 11:26:02 pm »

1. i also found voidsteel and moon silver?

2. red steel = bloodsteel?

3. copper dwarfen plate > iron plate armor? I mean whats more important, type or material?

i found this wiki:

http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals

The metals i mentioned are not in there (except moon silver, which apparently is pretty good).

Sorry for all the questions :P
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:28:38 pm by Maximiliator »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:32 am »

1. i also found voidsteel and moon silver?

2. red steel = bloodsteel?

3. copper dwarfen plate > iron plate armor? I mean whats more important, type or material?

i found this wiki:

http://df-genesis.wikidot.com/metals

The metals i mentioned are not in there (except moon silver, which apparently is pretty good).

Sorry for all the questions :P
Hah, that's a wiki for an old genesis, don't turst that one.

1) Voidsteel is a better steel which harms void creatures (found in evil regions) and void dwellers. Moon silver is good vs undead.

2) Bloodsteel is a special steel you get via deep furnace, it's sharper than steel.

3) I'd say iron plate armor is better, because there's more of a chance to hit critical spots when you are in plate armor vs dwarven plate, but overall protection of iron is better.

Whenever an Anubite priest flings a fireball in adventure mode, it renders my adventurer unable to move by either numbers or arrow keys. I still have my speed rating. Throwing things, saving and quitting, reading announcements and all, I can do just fine. My companions can move and attack. Everything, in short, works as normal except for actually moving.
I haven't had anything else shoot fireballs at me yet, but I suspect that's where the problem lies, rather than with the creatures themselves.
Edit: As soon as the priest was killed, the problem went away.
That's because of the smoke, you cannot normally move in it (but you can hold alt and press movement directions to alt-move, the same way you move in/out of water).

So after finding out that the IRC channel for this is dead, things happened:
Code: [Select]
/join #Genesis (Because why wouldn't you try.)
[16:49:08] <Bloax>: What's this channel about?
[16:49:52] <@Gradius>: =+- It's a scifi/fantasy erotic RP taking place aboard a giant space colony with an underground maze loaded with monsters taking up the majority of the core.
[16:50:07] <@Gradius>: =+- I defy you to diagram that sentence, but that's what it is.
[16:50:20] <Bloax>: oh
[16:50:26] <Bloax>: Looks like I wandered off a bit.
[16:50:43] <@Gradius>: =+- What do you mean?
[16:50:47] <Bloax>: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109846.0
[16:50:49] <Bloax>: *Cough*
[16:51:13] <@Gradius>: =+- Oh dear.  How awkward.
[16:51:16] <@Hal_Emmerich>: ... YEP. Just slightly

You have mail though:
Code: [Select]
[20:11:58] <Zswords>: Hey Bloax, tell Deon I said hi! :D
[20:13:53] <Zswords>: Though I don't think Deon remembers me anymore. :(
Heh, that was awkward. I visit Genesis Reborn IRC channel when I sit at PC, and I remember Zswords (although I think he was Zsword, but I may be mistaken). He's also often a dwarf in Let's plays I watch.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 22, 2013, 09:52:22 am »

I watched lwCoyote's let's play and noticed a few typos and minor things I want to fix, so expect a release soon.

I wish there were more let's plays or community fortresses (if any) of my mod, it would make it much easier for me to update it properly (and it would motivate me more :D).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 22, 2013, 05:18:10 pm »

I watched lwCoyote's let's play and noticed a few typos and minor things I want to fix, so expect a release soon.

I wish there were more let's plays or community fortresses (if any) of my mod, it would make it much easier for me to update it properly (and it would motivate me more :D).

I currently have been streaming it a lot, Certainly a lot of questions from myself have been arisen in them while trying to figure things out haha.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 22, 2013, 05:53:03 pm »

I'll play a community fort if somebody sets one up ;D
(Also are you feeling a lack of motivation? Don't! A lot of people enjoy this mod and its a source of inspiration for many other mods on the forum too!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 05:55:17 pm by Godlysockpuppet »

jcannon98188

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:41 pm »

First off, excellent work Deon!

Second, IIRC the old Genesis had fully working races for everything. I.E. I could drop the civ_controlled or whatever tag in the human race and play as them in Fortress mode. Does that work for Genesis Reborn?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 22, 2013, 10:10:10 pm »

It's like that, but you won't have many new workshops, so unless you copy permitted buildings and permitted reactions, it's not recommended (but yeah, you can just replace civ's PERMITTED_BUILDING and PERMITTED_REACTION list with the one from dwarves and it will be fine). You will miss dwarven castes though :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Maximiliator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 23, 2013, 01:42:49 am »

wow, i really love this mod ! I just read a book about druid-magic. I can have plant armies now, and transform into a direWolf . Is there any more magic one can learn??? If yes, from which books?

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:36 am »

Question if I may, Mr Deon sir!

I notice that the Sawmill cuts a log into 2 wood blocks. Doesn't the carpenters workshop already do this? If so, whats the point of the Sawmill?

Also, can coarse iron be converted into regular iron at a magma smelter? or only at a finishing forge?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:33:26 am by lwCoyote »
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 23, 2013, 04:02:09 am »

Question if I may, Mr Deon sir!

I notice that the Sawmill cuts a log into 2 wood blocks. Doesn't the carpenters workshop already do this? If so, whats the point of the Sawmill?

Also, can coarse iron be converted into regular iron at a magma smelter? or only at a finishing forge?
1) Carpenter's workshop used to make 1 block out of 1 log, I need to rework that with the new blocks output mechanism, thanks for reminding me.

2) Only at finishing forge :). You have to work for your iron!

wow, i really love this mod ! I just read a book about druid-magic. I can have plant armies now, and transform into a direWolf . Is there any more magic one can learn??? If yes, from which books?
Currently there are blight prophets, druids, necromages, pyromancers, stormbringers and wizards as possible learnable secrets. I plan to rework it for the next version by changing existing ones and adding 3 new ones though.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

koter

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Write Post: taken by mood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 23, 2013, 07:07:31 am »

Nevermind. Mod looks good.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:22:23 am by koter »

eggthief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:12 am »

It's like that, but you won't have many new workshops, so unless you copy permitted buildings and permitted reactions, it's not recommended (but yeah, you can just replace civ's PERMITTED_BUILDING and PERMITTED_REACTION list with the one from dwarves and it will be fine). You will miss dwarven castes though :P.

I actually did that with an older version of genesis on the serpentfolk. With the more recent versions however, I noticed that they don't have their castes anymore and go depressed because they have no legs and feet to put pants and shoes on. I tried copying the creature tokens of this older version over the current ones but it only makes the game crash. I also don't understand why they go depressed over being exposed as in this older version they had no lower body clothing either and the same emotional rating as dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 108