Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324208 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

5.19 changelog
Main
- Manual has been updated with DFHack, aboveground plants and pets.
- Library studying works properly now.

DFHack
- Incorporated new DFHack v3 with new plugins and options.
-- Assign weapon racks/armor stands to squad with P key.
-- Activate workflow plugin with Alt-W.
- Changed quicksave to Ctrl-Shift-Q
- Added Dwarfmonitor and Resume All plugins.
-- Ctrl-F lets you monitor your fort activity. This plugin also shows happiness levels in bottom left corner of the DF window.
-- Ctrl-R lets you resume all suspended constructions.

Creatures
- The generalised leather is back.
- Added a bunch of swimming creatures:
-- crab, giant crab
-- great shark, reef shark
-- manta ray, stingray
-- narwhal
-- nautilus, giant nautilus
-- octopus, giant octopus
-- tuna
-- sunfish
-- carp
- Deeper Dwarven Domestication mod by Wannabehero is merged in.
-- Boulder crabs, when butchered they yield a flux stone.
-- Dewbeetles, can be milked to get honeydew which can be brewed into mead.
-- Shaggy badgerdogs, prone to rage dogs which can be sheared for wool.
-- Moleweasels, very fast vermin hunters.
-- Leatherwing bats, their wings can be sheared for tannable leather.
-- Bearded cavernkeets, these birgs lay eggs and can be sheared once per year for beardwool.
-- Cragtooth boars, they have valuable husks which can be sheared and will regrow.
-- Woolly mountain goats, they are large and can be sheared for wool very often.
-- Horned caveturtles, lays big egg clutches and has horns.
-- Mountain tuskoxen, can be milked very often.

Religion
- New druidic reactions have been added to occult grove:
-- clear skies: costs 1 shimmering crystal, sets weather to "clear".
-- rain dance: costs 2 shimmering crystals, sets weather to "rain".
-- winter call: costs 3 shimmering crystals, sets weather to "snow storm".
-- grow forest: costs 5 shimmering crystals, turns all saplings into trees.
- New arena mechanic: you can turn any creatures but dwarves pastured inside arena into enemies.
-- Blood fiends are the only avaliable enemies for now. They drop bloodred crystals.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I get no feedback on my manual which took some time to make :P. What else do you want to see there which will help you with game most?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I get no feedback on my manual which took some time to make :P. What else do you want to see there which will help you with game most?

Your manual rocks it as far as I am concerned, any manual that has a break down of what each building can do and what ingredients each reactions needs gets my vote. More info on the aboveground plants would be great, but I am sure that is coming.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

What info on aboveground plants do you want? They are all in a spreadsheet with all their products, only things missing are seasons (which you can directly see by looking at farm plot) and values of plants and products (which are too tedious to put in a single table).

I think I should explain leather tier system and metal tiers next.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What info on aboveground plants do you want? They are all in a spreadsheet with all their products, only things missing are seasons (which you can directly see by looking at farm plot) and values of plants and products (which are too tedious to put in a single table).

I think I should explain leather tier system and metal tiers next.

Oops my bad, I was looking at Rev 1 of your manual, which looks like it came with the DF download, the Rev 3 that's a separate download has all the info, I will have to go back and look. More info about leather and metal is never a bad thing.

One more thing, I am having lots of game crashes all of the sudden, not doing certain things, once just after leaving the trade screen and the other time just after leaving a workshop. Twice now I have had to basically start my fort over because the game locks up. Never had any issues like this before. Any logs that might tell me whats causing it?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Oops, I forgot to remove older manual version from the graphical archive, thanks!

I never had any lockups, that's strange. What are the last lines in your gamelog.txt?
Also use quicksave, it helps a lot.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oops, I forgot to remove older manual version from the graphical archive, thanks!

I never had any lockups, that's strange. What are the last lines in your gamelog.txt?
Also use quicksave, it helps a lot.

"Merchants have arrived and are unloading their goods."

Thats not were it crashed though, they arrived, I sent my broker out there and my goods, did my trading and it was a few seconds after that it crashed. I did Quick save, so I can go back to that, but even then, its a few months back. Ah well. Thanks!

EDIT: ACK it crashed again on a new machine with a fresh download. Grrr. Merchants had just arrived too. I wonder if maybe I don't build a Trade Depot it won't crash .. hmmmm
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:03:13 pm by Undeadlord »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No, it should be something else. I mean something spawning on the edge of the map. I will go through all creatures and see if I did something wrong, although crashes with big mods like this or Masterwork are really hard to pin down, because they tend to happen in someone's world, and they never appear in another... Which biomes do you have? Any information should help.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Didnt I post here? I clearly remember posting here... maybe I got a 503 error or something...

I just wrote that your ratkin civ doesnt seem to have sprites, and that the manual is missing an entry for the alarm siren. Since I was hacking together a quick spriteset for my skaven, here, maybe it helps a bit. I only noticed yours are missing because I wanted to have a look at them before I do my rat people :P

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, it should be something else. I mean something spawning on the edge of the map. I will go through all creatures and see if I did something wrong, although crashes with big mods like this or Masterwork are really hard to pin down, because they tend to happen in someone's world, and they never appear in another... Which biomes do you have? Any information should help.

Let's see  ...

- First/second crash were in a normal biome, nothing crazy, thrid crash on a different machine did happen in a Artic evil biome. I posted the first/second crash saved game, I started it again this morning and quick saved it right after the merchants arrived and it crashed within 2 minutes. Maybe that will help?

http://www.wyvernscave.us/images/region1.zip

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Didnt I post here? I clearly remember posting here... maybe I got a 503 error or something...

I just wrote that your ratkin civ doesnt seem to have sprites, and that the manual is missing an entry for the alarm siren. Since I was hacking together a quick spriteset for my skaven, here, maybe it helps a bit. I only noticed yours are missing because I wanted to have a look at them before I do my rat people :P

The alarm siren is not in yet, I'm going to add it with the next update (I've been busy with my Fallout community fort, we've discovered that one of our scavengers is The Thing).
Thanks for the full ratkin graphics!

I will check the save ASAP, Undeadlord.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's see  ...

- First/second crash were in a normal biome, nothing crazy, thrid crash on a different machine did happen in a Artic evil biome. I posted the first/second crash saved game, I started it again this morning and quick saved it right after the merchants arrived and it crashed within 2 minutes. Maybe that will help?

http://www.wyvernscave.us/images/region1.zip

Sounds a lot like the crashing issue I was having pre 5.12 :(
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Is it happening using the latest version? I've just checked all creatures in arena and none cause crashes. So unless it's something very specific which happens because of DF instability with total conversions, I will try to pin it down.
P.S. Okay, I can reproduce it... Let's see what can be done about it. Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:43:41 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, I've tested everything, even asked Meph to help... The only thing we could brainstorm is "corrupted world", when a historical figure is broken and when it spawns the game freezes (it very rarely happens in vanilla, but more often in modded worlds because they have much more info).

There's literally nothing in any logs or DFHack, and it happens both pre-mood and post mood.
It looks like the save is broken somehow. Thankfully you did not go too far, please tell me if something like this happens again (it never happened to me myself).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.19b] - small fixes, Phoebus graphics
« Reply #719 on: March 20, 2013, 04:02:24 pm »

5.19b
Graphics
- Graphical version: ratkin graphics.
- Graphical version: fixed vermin tiles.
- Graphical version: added graphical tiles for beholders, fairy dragons and spellbooks.
- Graphical version: added graphical tile for werebeast transformation.
- Graphical version: removed weird symbols from words in all languages.
- Graphical version: fixed some mineral symbols.
Naming
- Fixed leafy bulb naming.
Fixes
- Removed AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE from fallen.

Also Phoebus version:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 108