Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324173 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Thanks for including the Advfort walkthrough in manual, particularly the tips for adv mode noobs like "you can't build with stuff in your backpack" :)

You mention that you should build on lairs because the items there get saved.  Are abandoned forts an OK place to advfort too?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I am not sure, I don't think so. Items will definitely scatter, not sure about constructions...

In lairs every single items stays where you left it.

It took me some time to experiment with Advfort, but once you get a hang of it, it's easy to control (well, not much harder than normal DF interface).
I may do a tutorial video about it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jowitz

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm also having the issue with a hangup when the first merchants arrive, and it's happened with two worldgens.  But then again, I'm also using 5.19b, so perhaps the new version will fix it.  If you want, I'll upload my save too, but I guess I should just try again with the new version.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I have a hunch that it could be some ambush of minor races triggering it. I will try to juggle the races around and we will find this one hiccup which breaks the game. Then everyone will be happy again.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Thanks for including the Advfort walkthrough in manual, particularly the tips for adv mode noobs like "you can't build with stuff in your backpack" :)

You mention that you should build on lairs because the items there get saved.  Are abandoned forts an OK place to advfort too?
abandon forts that don't have lair attached to them will scatter items but will keep constructions unlike every where in the world would just keep the items in place but destroy constructions. though this also means you can build any workshop with out fear of it breaking down which means building chests is a good idea for storage. Do note sites will undo any construction damage you brought to it but not any building damage.  so if you remove their well, it's gone for good but you for tear down a building it will come back the next time you unload and reload the site(not save unload and reload I mean travel) though doors are buildings so if you end up ripping the door off a hostile area coming back to the area won't fix that.
have fun explore and build up an empire or secret base.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

But you could declare your fort a lair by using dfhack, then abandon... I know people use this for reclaims... The entire embark squares count as lair then :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

True though it's best to tell others that hey if you dig out a basement in a hamlet the basement will disappear. oh and other news you can engrave outside in grassy areas with out the giant pain of 'soil to soft and not a hard material', just find a boulder near by and you can smooth that down to a floor and then engrave it like in this screenshot
"body swapping and YOU!"

Slots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am having a bit of trouble actually mining into a liar I found. I knapped a stone pick from the x menu and then tried to dig the walls of the layer to open it up a bit. However, when I alt+moved into a wall nothing happened. I was able to clean up the blood from the were creature and harvest some plants above the liar but I was unable to do anything that required the use of a knapped axe or pick.

I am supposed to alt move only once into the thing I want to mine/fell and it should auto complete? If not how do I go about mining into the ground? Would the proximity of a town/keep have anything to do with this?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am having a bit of trouble actually mining into a liar I found. I knapped a stone pick from the x menu and then tried to dig the walls of the layer to open it up a bit. However, when I alt+moved into a wall nothing happened. I was able to clean up the blood from the were creature and harvest some plants above the liar but I was unable to do anything that required the use of a knapped axe or pick.

I am supposed to alt move only once into the thing I want to mine/fell and it should auto complete? If not how do I go about mining into the ground? Would the proximity of a town/keep have anything to do with this?
oh yeah you can't have a pick and axe in the same hand, the new code kinda bugs out and doesn't do the job of both. the only thing that keep/town do is undo all the digging you have done since it reprints the same area and save building places.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Drop the axe, take out a pick. I had that problem earlier too.

By the way, it's not races. I removed all races and it still freezes in the winter. I start to lose my shit, what could cause that freezing during winter... I will find it!

P.S. What was your first version you've got a freeze? Please tell me, someone. I will look at changelog, it may help.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, so 5.18 works fine, it's something in 5.19 which broke it... I wonder if it has something to do with DDD pets not liking some of my changes (because I have no idea which else change could cause it).

P.S. Well, I removed file names with DDD in them and 5.20b ran through three years. Not sure if some animal products from that added mod conflict with something, but try it please.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:51:18 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

5.20c - removed DDD creatures until I figure out the freezes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I the only one around here who thinks
[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CARTILAGE_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_NAME:cartilage:NP]
   [STRUCTURAL]
   [TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:CARTILAGE]
   [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
   [CONNECTS]
   [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
lacks a healing rate?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

It's vanilla thing, I can easily change it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Slots

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Oh I see, I need to have nothing else in my pick hand for it to work. I still had my weapon in my pick hand so it was not mining properly. Got the digging and tree felling working now, thanks guys.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 108