Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324268 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

De-vampirising a dwarf is actually a neat idea. That is something for my temple/priest of armok :)

Make it a blood sacrifice. All of their blood. This should be a risky business with low survival.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

De-vampirising a dwarf is actually a neat idea. That is something for my temple/priest of armok :)

Make it a blood sacrifice. All of their blood. This should be a risky business with low survival.

Hahaha yes. Nobody likes the vampires anyway. At least on a closer level. I mean, come on, you just treat vampires as lever pullers anyway. :P
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take care with NO_AGE. I wonder if removing that for a 200 year old vampire would make him drop dead next spring.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hahaha yes. Nobody likes the vampires anyway. At least on a closer level. I mean, come on, you just treat vampires as lever pullers anyway. :P

Draining all the "bad" blood and replacing it with "good" blood is dangerous business, especially when you ask for priestly help.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, I've been reading the war Jabberer thread, and I began thinking. What might be the best war animal in this mod? Something with big size, attacks that can latch thus tear off well-armored limbs, and can be bred or manufactured in large quantities?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Probably Bloodbeaks.

Barring that, Centurions are pretty OP, being unfeeling war machines that can be bought quarterly from other civilizations

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably Bloodbeaks.

Barring that, Centurions are pretty OP, being unfeeling war machines that can be bought quarterly from other civilizations

Bloodbeaks are 10 times smaller than vanilla Jabberers  :( So few other cavern animals are breedable :( Is there a reason why Monstrous Spiders (above-ground savage) van be bred, and Deep Spiders can't?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:18:11 am by Tirion »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Has anyone gotten Extract from Plants to produce poisons in 5.23 fortress mode? I've got shadowleaves, fly-agarics, and bitter roots nearby in non-burrowed stockpiles.

Fancypants cancels Extract from Plants: Needs unrotten extract-bearing plant plants.
You need to "process plants (barrel)" to get poisons. Sorry that it took so long to check :).

I'm working on a "fix" release now which fixes all reports in this thread you've posted recently, and then I will work on the new version with new castes and steampunk workshop tree.

Probably Bloodbeaks.

Bloodbeaks are 10 times smaller than vanilla Jabberers  :( So few other cavern animals are breedable :( Is there a reason why Monstrous Spiders (above-ground savage) van be bred, and Deep Spiders can't?
No reason (well they were based on vanilla GCS), I've just fixed that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Hmm, interesting. Will this change the Houses caste, or will it be added on top of the houses, like

[DWARF_ANVIL] = [DWARF_ANVIL_ROBOT]
and
[DWARF_GEARS] = [DWARF_GEARS_ROBOT]?
Nope, there will just be a selection of "loon" castes which are good in specific fields of work, and some "noble" castes which are not that strong/crafty but can take special noble positions.

Remade and clockworks will be a rare caste you get very rarely (like old steel dwarves), but you will be able to make your own.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remade and clockworks will be a rare caste you get very rarely (like old steel dwarves), but you will be able to make your own.

...out of vampires? That would be awesome.
Also, castes that can fill specific noble positions? You can do that? Awesome!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, specific noble positions will allow additional nobles, like multiple diagnosticians or brokers. You will require specific castes for that.

Remade are usually made from gravely wounder dwarves or from criminals. Vampires are an option.

Clockworks are like these:

Remade are still part-human/dwarf as seen on this picture:
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

How do you limit specific noble positions to castes?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope they still drink alcohol  ;D So, the primary use of these cyborg castes is to do something with crippled dwarves. Cool. Can a crippled Remade be Re-Remade?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

No, only turned into clockwork.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 108