Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324199 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NOEMOTION removes the ability to have both good and bad thoughts.

So they can't go mad from miasma or tragedy or even failed moods? Sweet.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Is there a point to having clockworks or remade other than to cure vampires? Do they have various no pain, no stun abilities?
And if they are wounded can they be healed by doctors in the usual way?

Remades just have a metal hand and a metal leg. Clockworks are brutally efficient slaughter-machines of doom with
[NO_GENDER][CANNOT_UNDEAD]
      [NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION]
      [NOEXERT]
      [NO_DIZZINESS]
      [NO_FEVERS].
So clockworks can't be reanimated, don't have babies, and are immune to most causes of death and resistant to others. Not sure what [NOEMOTION] does.

Good questions about wounding. Their metallic tissues have a healing rate, and as other dwarven castes they don't have NO_SLEEP and NOSTUN... Except when made from vampires, Deon,    [CE_REMOVE_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST] should also contain NOSTUN, otherwise "cured" vampires will go sleep and never wake up.
Also, I don't know if normal chapterhouse caste transfers will re-set attributes and heal bodies, or not.

EDIT: speaking of which, Deon, does the most recent downloadable version have clockwork transformation fixed, or it'll have to wait for a new release?

Polymorphing will probably not reset tokens/abilities, because of the syndromes being separate and such. Thus, I think that NO_STUN should be added in anyway, because dwarves, by default, can be stunned, so those tokens wouldn't have any effect if the dwarf doesn't have NO_STUN.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a point to having clockworks or remade other than to cure vampires? Do they have various no pain, no stun abilities?
And if they are wounded can they be healed by doctors in the usual way?

Remades just have a metal hand and a metal leg. Clockworks are brutally efficient slaughter-machines of doom with
[NO_GENDER][CANNOT_UNDEAD]
      [NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOBREATHE][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION]
      [NOEXERT]
      [NO_DIZZINESS]
      [NO_FEVERS].
So clockworks can't be reanimated, don't have babies, and are immune to most causes of death and resistant to others. Not sure what [NOEMOTION] does.

Good questions about wounding. Their metallic tissues have a healing rate, and as other dwarven castes they don't have NO_SLEEP and NOSTUN... Except when made from vampires, Deon,    [CE_REMOVE_TAG:BLOODSUCKER:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST] should also contain NOSTUN, otherwise "cured" vampires will go sleep and never wake up.
Also, I don't know if normal chapterhouse caste transfers will re-set attributes and heal bodies, or not.

EDIT: speaking of which, Deon, does the most recent downloadable version have clockwork transformation fixed, or it'll have to wait for a new release?

Polymorphing will probably not reset tokens/abilities, because of the syndromes being separate and such. Thus, I think that NO_STUN should be added in anyway, because dwarves, by default, can be stunned, so those tokens wouldn't have any effect if the dwarf doesn't have NO_STUN.

They normally don't have any of BLOODSUCKER:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST either. But if they are vampires, they have all that, and NOSTUN. And just look up the wiki about the NOSTUN creature token, it's bad news for citizens in fort mode...
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

NOSTUN make it so if they go to sleep they never get up it bad to have in fort mode
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

- Clockwork and remade transformations now work properly for both genders without issues.
- Removed screw press and soap maker's workshop. Soap making moved to alchemical lab, pressing to kitchen.
- New custom workshop sorting menu.
- Finally tracked down and fixed "encrusted with _" error.
- Vulture tile is fixed.
- Magma steam engine is properly avaliable.
- Bronze centurions and utility spiders now are inactive by default. Activate them in automaton factory for 1 soul gem.
- No more bronze centurions and utility spiders arriving as pets with migrants.
- Automaton manufactory has a brand new look and it's 3x3 now.
- Transforming into a clockwork now removes NOSTUN.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yippeeee! Testing it soon ;)

Bug: Wicker bed reaction gives wicker bins instead.
Fun fact: dwarves can outrun the clowkwork transformation syndrome cloud. Better close the door on them ;) Also, I'll test soon if it's possible to transform several dwarves in one go by cramming them into the area of effect.
Question: Are muskets stronger than good old crossbows? They have impressive SHOOT_FORCE and SHOOT_MAXVEL values...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:50:28 am by Tirion »

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure is no option,it comes bundled with Windows
    • View Profile

I have recently encountered this problem when trying to launch the new modloader gui. This is the problem:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would anyone mind helping me out?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Do you have net framework installed?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure is no option,it comes bundled with Windows
    • View Profile

Friend I dont even know what net framework is. Run me through it?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Friend I dont even know what net framework is. Run me through it?
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 if what you need as long as you are running windows
If you're on a mac I can't help you

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Deon, I see there are a few types of leather, but I'm not sure how strong they actually are compared to each other and other clothing materials.
And how do I know if a druidic ritual in the Occult Grove was successful?

...Turns out, Dwarf Therapist doesn't see druids as dwarves. Strange. And is there any way to turn off the combat report lag generated by their liberal use of the Empower interaction?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:57:56 am by Tirion »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Suede is weaker than cloth and cannot be made into armor, leather is vanilla and hide is tougher. Dragonscale is a bit better than copper, so not perfect as armor per se, but remember that dragonscale cloaks, robes and hoods worn on top of armor can save your ass. Also hide is quite good vs animals.

In the next version I buff dragon scales to a level of steel, so killing a dragon with something worse than masterwork iron or good quality steel will be impossible. Treated dragonscale on another hand will be better than steel and flexible, so it will be a great armor.

I'm also adding mimics to caverns which will drop a bunch of stuff, with a chance to drop things like weird metals and even dragonscales, so there will be more ways to obtain it. The new semimegabeast "treasure pile" will have a bunch of dragonscales and a few amazing weapons as a drop as well.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

To save you a bit of time: Dragonscale, steel grade, bit lighter, firesafe.

Code: [Select]
// fake creature for epic armor
[CREATURE:DRAGONSCALE]
   [NAME:dragon:dragon:dragon]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SCALE:DRAGONSCALE_TEMPLATE]
   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:15]
[ARENA_RESTRICTED]
[DOES_NOT_EXIST]

// dragonscale. temperature immune, steel grade, light. perfect leather material.
[MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRAGONSCALE_TEMPLATE]
[MAT_FIXED_TEMP:10067]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:GREEN]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:scale]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:scale]
[STATE_COLOR:LIQUID:GREEN]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:dragonscale bug]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:dragonscale bug]
[STATE_COLOR:GAS:GREEN]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:n/a]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:n/a]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:6:0:0]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:30]
[SPEC_HEAT:500]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[SOLID_DENSITY:1850]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:1980]
[MOLAR_MASS:55845]
[IMPACT_YIELD:1505000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:2520000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:940]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:1505000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:2520000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:940] 160
[TENSILE_YIELD:430000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:720000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:225] 200
[TORSION_YIELD:430000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:720000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:215]
[SHEAR_YIELD:430000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:720000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:215] no data, used 200
[BENDING_YIELD:430000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:720000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:215]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLUE]
[IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL]
[LEATHER]
[ITEMS_LEATHER]

I did it like this in masterwork, but I dont think it will be entirely feasable for Genesis. I replaced all megabeast corpses with itemcorpses, and added a new workshop for it, the slaughterhouse. It always gives 1 trophy (to put in your display stand), 1 legendary skill reward and 1 practical item, like the dragonscales in this case.

[REACTION:BUTCHER_MEGABEAST_DRAGON]
[NAME:Butcher dragon corpse]
[BUILDING:SLAUGHTERHOUSE:CUSTOM_D]
[REAGENT:A:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DRAGON_CORPSE:INORGANIC:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:10:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGONSCALE:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_DRAGON_TROPHY:INORGANIC:BLANK]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_AETHER:INORGANIC:PLATINUM]
[SKILL:BUTCHER]
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

WHy is your SKIN_TANNED of 150 dimension?

That's a good idea, my dragons are intelligent and not butcherable, so I will do it this way.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Because I am sometimes a lazy bastard and copy paste stuff without deleting unnecessary artefacts, like the product_dimension. I dont even know how many of my boulders have that attached to it. ^^ Just delete it, but it has no negative effect.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 108