Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324238 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.33 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1260 on: June 27, 2013, 12:28:01 am »

Yep, sorry about that. And calcinator reactions are coming up, they will be released today.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.33b ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1261 on: June 27, 2013, 01:30:45 pm »

Watching Revocane's stream (http://www.twitch.tv/revocane) of Genesis Reborn made me remember this (wait for the upload of 5.33b).

5.33b
- Fixed elemental gem religious reactions.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 02:02:50 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Matthmatt1213

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Science!! Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 27, 2013, 02:06:02 pm »

I was messing around with the different secrets (pyromancer, wizard, etc) in arena mode, and I noticed something. I'm not sure if it's because it's an arena mode creature that I'm controlling, but spells can be cast anywhere that you can see, regardless of their intended range, excepting burning hands and dragon fire, which can be targeted anywhere you can see but dissipate at their normal ranges, and spray ice and freezing blast, which fail to cast correctly, dissipating one square away. Fireball appears to travel a bit farther than its range, but becomes inaccurate. Also, spells that do not have a target limit specified in the way that spells like chain lightning and shock do (select victim, X of Y) can be cast on all creatures in sight, if they are all selected. These spells are harm, slow, raise pyre zombie, and cast madness, which might explain the large amounts of crazed dwarves some people have reported, since it would allow the demoniac to cast it on everyone in sight, rather than one adjacent dwarf, once per month. Bone spear also does not appear to have any effect, and, as you mentioned earlier in this thread, frost spells also have an effect on the caster, with spray ice sometimes causing minor injury and freezing blast making death likely, if not assured, though I'm not sure that it is possible for that to be changed without giving the spellcaster an immunity to ice, which might not make sense for a druid and general wizard. Spells that have you select victims also cannot be cast on the same creature twice, with corpse-targeting spells being an exception, though it may be considered a different corpse after rising and being re-killed. I do enjoy the spells though, and they definitely add a lot and make sense. In regards to the secrets though, is it possible to be more than one type of caster? For example, if an adventurer were to read the tablet/book of secrets for both a pyromancer and a stormbringer, would they be able to cast all of the spells from each? After all, while that would make that adventurer very powerful, successfully finding and killing two different mages and reading their secrets is difficult enough that I feel it may not be overpowered.
Hmm. Now i've got "mountain goat soap thread" and something like kidney fiber and i've seen roasts made out of leather.
selling elven princess booze to a human shopkeeper will fetch some wild stories.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 27, 2013, 02:09:35 pm »

Oh, definitely. A few versions back I had a vampire pyromancer druid adventurer.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 27, 2013, 02:31:25 pm »

Bone spear should shoot a bone, I will check it.

Also don't forget to go to /data/init/d_init.txt and change ENGRAVINGS_START_OBSCURED to YES. I am not going to reupload the whole thing just because of that, but I will fix it for the next update.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 27, 2013, 11:28:34 pm »

I had a spellcaster dwarf become a wizard in fortress mode. I think it kinda just happened but I am not sure how.  Does anyone know what happened to make my dwarf into a wizard? Or is this just something that happens spontaneously for spellcasting dwarves?

Also are these dwarves able to cast wizard spells at enemies?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:36:38 pm by meowmix »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 28, 2013, 05:01:00 pm »

My first clockwork adventurer had all its limbs severed by a bandit captain with a copper seax. Just saying.
Yeah, that's vanilla bronze vs copper values. Try wearing some armor next time :D.

That's the funny thing, I did. Hide armor, and iron boots iirc. Bastard took all my limbs, then I pushed him to death and retired.

DF forums in a nutshell:

Material durability, bronze weak against copper, metal frames and cases - DUH! UNREALISTIC!
Killing a bandit without any limbs : just okay. move along.

:D  :D

edit2: Why are all the races unable to bite? I can just headbutt.

Now that's a fun thing, thinking about it. My limbless clockwork should still have been able to headbutt, yet he could only push.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Matthmatt1213

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Science!! Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 28, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »

My first clockwork adventurer had all its limbs severed by a bandit captain with a copper seax. Just saying.
Yeah, that's vanilla bronze vs copper values. Try wearing some armor next time :D.

That's the funny thing, I did. Hide armor, and iron boots iirc. Bastard took all my limbs, then I pushed him to death and retired.

DF forums in a nutshell:

Material durability, bronze weak against copper, metal frames and cases - DUH! UNREALISTIC!
Killing a bandit without any limbs : just okay. move along.

:D  :D

edit2: Why are all the races unable to bite? I can just headbutt.

Now that's a fun thing, thinking about it. My limbless clockwork should still have been able to headbutt, yet he could only push.

I guess that you have to run or something in order to get an effective headbutt? Also, I"m not sure why biting a dragon is somehow less realistic than headbutting it, and there are plenty of times it might make sense. For instance, two unarmed humans or dwarves wrestling each other might start biting once their hands are full, and since Sylvians are fine with eating other living beings, I don't see why they would wait until it was dead to start biting it.

Edit: Am I the only one who didn't get the calcinator reactions when I downloaded 5.33b? They aren't showing up for me. Did transferring my save from 5.33 cause it? Also, I seem be having a bit of trouble encouraging my dwarves to drink elixirs (which seem to be misspelled as "elixtirs"). What labor does it use?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:11:33 pm by Matthmatt1213 »
Hmm. Now i've got "mountain goat soap thread" and something like kidney fiber and i've seen roasts made out of leather.
selling elven princess booze to a human shopkeeper will fetch some wild stories.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.33c ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1268 on: June 29, 2013, 03:00:18 am »

Calcinator has no reactions yet because I am finishing them :). The update will be save compatible.

Elixirs (elixtirs, lol) take no skill to be drank, any dwarf should be able to do it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.33c ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1269 on: June 29, 2013, 07:42:54 am »

Are clockworks able to headbutt?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn 5.34 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk ||
« Reply #1270 on: June 29, 2013, 08:49:54 am »

- First cavern layers no longer have big mushroom trees. There're tree roots and fungiwood.
- Second cavern layer gets all shroom trees.
- Fixed "elixtir" typo.
- Elixir consumption labor now requires alchemy skill.
- Third cavern layer gets blue "abyssal growth" for grass and pestilent trees, also all plants are blue too.
- Juggled around creatures between 2nd and 3rd layers; now 3rd layer is more dangerous and 2nd is less so.
- Added Opium Snails to caverns. They can be milked for poison which turns into cheese. They are also dangerous predators and vermin hunters.
- Calcinator can turn bones and boulders into flux.
- Calcinator can make cement blocks from boulders and sand bags.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Rainbows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 29, 2013, 03:05:12 pm »

how common are iron titans? near immediately after the first annoying uber migrant wave one showed up and destroyed the entire fortress while being covered in fractures from ever so slightly inferior weapons.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 29, 2013, 03:07:24 pm »

As common as bronze colossi in DF. Not so much.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 30, 2013, 09:53:49 am »

Okay, the 5.34 clockworks are pretty durable... kind of. After I lost both my hands and the left leg to zombie bears, I was kinda unstoppable - 6 bogeymen tried to kick me to death, but all the attacks glanced off my balls of steel. Well, except the fact they bit out both my eyes, so vision lost once again. Nonetheless, I managed to slay two bears and 2 bogeymen without limbs. Pretty good. The thing that still stands out - it's EZ to lose a hand/foot, but chest, abs and head is effin' diamond. I'm happy. The thing that makes me sad, the crafting menu is like ten times smaller than the previous versions, I can't even craft a waterskin. I guess I have to use adv-fort for that, but I don't like it at all.

And I think that in previous versions I was able to empty a waterskin, now it's not possible
Dabbling Overseer

Matthmatt1213

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Science!! Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 01, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »

How do you update your savegame? I tried moving my saves from the old version to the folder in the new version, but nothing changed, so I tried the "Update Savegames" option. Now, when I attempt to load the file an error window saying "FATAL ERROR" at the top pops up, displaying "Missing Plant Gloss: jungle moss." This crashes the game. Did I do something incorrectly?

Edit: To be clear, I am talking about moving save files from version 5.33b to version 5.34
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:41:05 pm by Matthmatt1213 »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 108