Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324231 times)

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1440 on: November 04, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »

Please forgive me if this has been asked/answered in the thread and I managed to miss it, but could you add some details about your custom metals to the manual? Such as their value and strengths compared to the other metals. For instance, without looking into the raws, I have no idea what makes voidsteel and bloodsteel different from normal steel. Moonsilver is the weakness of void-people, which can be found in the description of Void Dwellers, but are it's stats vastly different from vanilla silver otherwise? And lastly, I believe that I read that mithril is supposed to be something like a step between the best steel and adamantine, but just how much of a difference is it compared to them as a military metal?

I'm pretty bad at reading the raws, which is the reason I ask if it could be added to the manual :D
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ GENESIS Reborn5.40 ] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk || Hotfix, spell immunity!
« Reply #1441 on: November 04, 2013, 11:26:35 pm »

I think Voidsteel and Moonsilver are good against void-dwellers, moonsilver being denser and therefore better suited for blunt weapons.  Titanite is a step up from steel, bloodsteel is like steel but sharper.  I think Mithril is between steel and adamantine, with a comparable weight to adamantine. 
I'm not sure how accurate this is, this is just from my experience / vague memories from when I asked this a long time ago.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:53 am »

The problem with metals is that they have a lot of different stats, so sharpness/density/shear and yield values are all different for different things. But CptCrunchy pretty much nailed it. I will add it in the next manual version, thanks for the suggestion!

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #1443 on: November 05, 2013, 02:09:57 am »

Deon, have you thought about spicing up adventure mode by giving "adventure classes" special abilities?
I'm pretty sure that it's possible to implement things like "dodge" and all kinds of special attacks with the new interaction system.

Things like that would certainly made the combat less dull and make the mod stand out more. I haven't seen any mod do that yet.

EDIT:
Also have you thought about packaging SoundSense with your mod? Personally, I don't play without it anymore.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 02:31:57 am by Kiberkiller »
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: November 05, 2013, 03:04:56 am »

As a separate download, sure. Otherwise imagine reuploading those X megabytes every time I update :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: November 05, 2013, 05:53:32 pm »

Do the special armors (ancestral gown, etc) work in Adventure Mode?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: November 05, 2013, 06:43:58 pm »

I'm having issues with the temple items.  Civilians always equip the belts, even when I have my military set to use them.

Also, I can't make the warding armor set.  I have metal bars stockpiled right next to it, as well as Earth gems, and even ordering the job through the manager doesn't work.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: November 05, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

Are you sure there are 6 bars of the same armor-grade metal avaliable? I will check it.

Also yeah, adventurers can take items from forts and use them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: November 05, 2013, 11:07:04 pm »

Thanks Cap'n and Deon, I wasn't aware of the voidsteel weakness. I just remember that on the old wiki for one of the Genesis versions there was a rough guide comparing the metals for sharp weapons and blunt weapons and was hoping to see it make a reappearance in the manual :D

Another question that I probably missed somewhere, but does the material and/or quality of the precursor pieces (like the crossbow) have much of an effect on the final quality of an axebow or rivebow? Such as, would I get a better weapon using a masterwork wooden crossbow as the base compared to a no quality steel crossbow? Logic would say "use the best mats all the time", but I know that DF has a silly habit of not following logic when it comes to items that are built out of other items (like traction benches).
Regardless of what I said previously, DF elves don't chop. They merely coax the wood out of a tree in a manner which is probably sexual. So yes, they are terrible, terrible beings.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: November 05, 2013, 11:24:03 pm »

Thanks Cap'n and Deon, I wasn't aware of the voidsteel weakness. I just remember that on the old wiki for one of the Genesis versions there was a rough guide comparing the metals for sharp weapons and blunt weapons and was hoping to see it make a reappearance in the manual :D

Another question that I probably missed somewhere, but does the material and/or quality of the precursor pieces (like the crossbow) have much of an effect on the final quality of an axebow or rivebow? Such as, would I get a better weapon using a masterwork wooden crossbow as the base compared to a no quality steel crossbow? Logic would say "use the best mats all the time", but I know that DF has a silly habit of not following logic when it comes to items that are built out of other items (like traction benches).

The quality of a precursor item has no effect on the new item. The new item will have its own quality, which may be worse than the precursor item. The only exceptions I know of for this would be for cloth being turned into clothing and for gems that are encrusted onto objects. Even then, the only thing it affects is the description.

Materials will matter for the power of the new weapon's melee attacks. Ranged attacks only use the quality of the weapon to determine efficiency, so a steel bow doesn't shoot any better than a wooden one of the same quality.

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: November 06, 2013, 12:25:50 am »

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it didn't affect most things in the game, but I wanted to be sure before I went and did something terribad.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: November 06, 2013, 02:48:39 am »

Are you sure there are 6 bars of the same armor-grade metal avaliable? I will check it.

I have a stockpile of about 20 titanite bars right next to it, and various other metals around (double checked and made sure that I have at least 10 iron bars, in case titanite was the issue).  I honestly don't know whats causing the issue, I can make Barkskin belts with no problem.  Rebuilt the temple a couple times in different locations, that wasn't it.

Also, is there a way to stop random citizens from equipping Titan belts and Barkskin belts before my military can use them?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:50:12 am by CptCrunchy »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: November 06, 2013, 07:05:33 am »

Yeah, that's a problem with belts. It requires a bit of micromanagement, however if you placed a workshop behind a locked doors with all materials, you could move your squad in and lock the door, and tell your military to equip the belts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Valience

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: November 06, 2013, 03:27:13 pm »

Not to be a fuddy duddy, but I seem to be having problems making shadowscales. The action goes through and uses the crystal and leather, but I seem to be ending up with boring old suede. Is this working as intended?

That aside, would it be possible to add in metal knuckles and or katars? Some weapon that relies on the striking skill, at any rate. I kind of want to make a group of assassin dwarves with katars and shadowveils, heh.

Do you have a public wiki set up somewhere that fans can update? Or is that something you don't have much interest in while you're still revising things so much? Taking a look at the raws for the headgears you added revealed some information that I wasn't expecting, and frankly never would have known if I didn't look through the raws :P

Edit:
Code: [Select]
[ITEM_PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_STUDDED_PANTS]
[PREPLURAL:pairs of]
[NAME:studded pants:studded pants]
[LBSTEP:MAX]
[LAYER:OVER]
[COVERAGE:5000]
[LAYER_SIZE:15]
[LAYER_PERMIT:30]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:4]
[SOFT]
[LEATHER]
[STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD]

Is that coverage actually the right number o:? To think, I've been sending my dorfs out near defenseless with just normal trousers....
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:37:17 pm by Valience »

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: November 06, 2013, 04:08:44 pm »

I second the idea of a Genesis Reborn wiki, I'd definitely help maintain it.  I've been looking through the raws for warding armor and not seeing anything that looks off, so its probably an error on my end.  Will investigate further
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 108