Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 367

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 656560 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1740 on: April 13, 2016, 09:58:23 pm »

One quick thing to note: each material and each tissue is defined at the creature level.  You can use body detail plans to use different tissues at the caste-level, but those tissues need to have distinct names.  That is, you need a special FAT material and tissue for your imps.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1741 on: April 14, 2016, 07:30:54 am »

Two questions about interactions...
1. Is it possible for a verbal interaction to use something like [SPEAKER:TRANS_NAME] so the creature using the interaction mentions their own name?
2. This goes a few pages back, but I couldn't get an answer - is it possible for MATERIAL_EMISSION type interactions to even use the [VERBAL] tokens? I tried but it didn't seem to show any of the lines.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
« Reply #1742 on: April 14, 2016, 12:14:41 pm »

Two questions about interactions...
1. Is it possible for a verbal interaction to use something like [SPEAKER:TRANS_NAME] so the creature using the interaction mentions their own name?
2. This goes a few pages back, but I couldn't get an answer - is it possible for MATERIAL_EMISSION type interactions to even use the [VERBAL] tokens? I tried but it didn't seem to show any of the lines.
I tried the second one due to me having a bit of inspiration from Ianps regenerator mod. But didn't work for me. :/
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1743 on: April 15, 2016, 06:08:43 am »

Hmm, shame...I'm still wondering about the first one.

Also adding to the previous questions - what should I set BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER tokens to so that I don't get descriptors like "obese" or "stout"? I wanted to make a succubus/incubus race but it would be quite unfitting if any of them had descriptors like that.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: April 15, 2016, 06:21:09 am »

Hmm, shame...I'm still wondering about the first one.

Also adding to the previous questions - what should I set BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER tokens to so that I don't get descriptors like "obese" or "stout"? I wanted to make a succubus/incubus race but it would be quite unfitting if any of them had descriptors like that.

I guess you could try setting all values of broadness past median to 100? Broadness is what seems to add so much fat too, hence why I removed fat from my creatures all together as I needed them to be broad but not fat.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1745 on: April 15, 2016, 06:27:59 pm »

That makes sense, I'll try it.

Ok, an entity related question - I get world-gen crashes with dark fort civs if I set their leader/monarch position as...well, anything. Any way to fix it? It seemed to work fine in the last version - I had a demon "thane" with my vrykul civ, I'm not sure what's the problem now.

EDIT: Forgot to ask this - is it possible to have an interaction that can target only females or males, without any specific species?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 06:30:01 pm by ZM5 »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: April 15, 2016, 08:46:32 pm »

EDIT: Forgot to ask this - is it possible to have an interaction that can target only females or males, without any specific species?
Not that I am aware of.  If you only care about civilized races, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to list each CREATURE:CASTE as a valid target.  But if you're picturing Love Potion #9 that adds [CRAZED] to any male from ant drones to zebra stallions, that's not really feasible.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: April 16, 2016, 12:06:35 am »

Not that I am aware of.  If you only care about civilized races, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to list each CREATURE:CASTE as a valid target.  But if you're picturing Love Potion #9 that adds [CRAZED] to any male from ant drones to zebra stallions, that's not really feasible.
If you don't mind changing the vanilla files you could define male and female creature classes.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1748 on: April 16, 2016, 03:29:19 am »

Mm, that seems like way too much stuff to do for a one-off interaction. Thanks for the answers though.

Right now I changed my newer dark fort civ to being a regular fort civ, but I'm still trying to figure out why in 42.xx setting a full set of nobles makes a dart fort civ crash worldgen.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: April 16, 2016, 04:24:43 am »

afaik you cant have any positions with law making responsibility in dark fortress civs because thats the demon's job. having any chat worthy positions other than the demon might also cause it to crash.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1750 on: April 16, 2016, 05:43:24 am »

That would explain it.

Hmmm. I'm still having problems with this civ - instead of crashing immediately after setting civilizations it does so during the "Finalizing sites" phase...absolutely no clue as to why, errorlog doesn't show anything wrong with the civ from what I can tell.

EDIT: Ok, I'm at a loss. I consistently get crashes in the same moment of worldgen regardless of what I do, and I know it's because of this civ since after removing it I could generate a world no problem.

I changed it so instead of dark forts they live in fortresses like dwarves and eventually normal human towns - still crashes.
I removed restrictions on which caste of the demon race can become which position (previously, i.e only annihilan, nathrezim and eredar could become "masters/mistresses", only annihilan could become generals, only nathrezim could become lieutenants and only ered'ruin could become captains) - still crashes.
Changed biomes - still crashes.
Changed things around in the creature file itself so all demons live the same amount of time regardless of caste (previously some would live longer while others would never die of old age) - still crashes.
Copied the dwarf entity file and replaced everything over again so that it'd fit the demons instead - still crashes.

Anyone mind taking a look at this for me? I bet it's something really obvious that I'm missing but I'd be glad if someone else could test this out too and see if they notice anything.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62904003/demonciv%2Bcreature.rar
Errorlog doesn't really show anything conclusive, no entity errors, none of the creature errors appear major in any way (they work fine in arena tests - no crashes).

What's weird is that on larger worlds I always get the same crash during "Finalizing sites". On smaller worlds it sometimes happens but not always - that's another thing that's confusin me.

EDIT 2: Weird, I'm assuming it's to do with the creature itself right now...I copied the human civ and just added the demons without changing anything else, and yup, it crashes.

EDIT 3: Crap, I forgot to add the body parts - updated the file now.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:16:42 pm by ZM5 »

Jokaste

• Bay Watcher
  • hOI!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: April 16, 2016, 03:15:23 pm »

One quick thing to note: each material and each tissue is defined at the creature level.  You can use body detail plans to use different tissues at the caste-level, but those tissues need to have distinct names.  That is, you need a special FAT material and tissue for your imps.

Ugh, that is not something I wanted to hear haha. Well, thanks for the information regardless!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1752 on: April 16, 2016, 03:48:12 pm »

Crap, I think I jumped the gun a bit - genned a world completely without the demon race...still the same crash circumstance. Gonna test a bit more by deleting some of the newest races I made and seeing where the problem is.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: April 17, 2016, 01:33:34 pm »

I myself are trying to pinpoint how to get 'deep clear voice' tag for my Ischrotaurs every time along with the 'broad' body tag. I've tried a few tricks over the course of few weeks and so far I've found out that without the BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH the 'gigantic' tag disappeared completely. The wiki seriously should have more in-depth info about the numbers and what they do.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: April 17, 2016, 02:47:06 pm »

I've tried a few tricks over the course of few weeks and so far I've found out that without the BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH the 'gigantic' tag disappeared completely. The wiki seriously should have more in-depth info about the numbers and what they do.

I personally told you why that happens just last month. And the month before that.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 367