Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 39634 times)

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] REACTIONS QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2016, 07:17:53 am »

is this thread still active?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2016, 08:14:48 am »

Based on the Reactions page, I'm gathering that there's no way to make a custom reaction that uses a live animal (e.g. a custom shearing or milking reaction) ?

Closest you could get would be to use vermin, since they can be treated as items, but I haven't tried anything like that before. I wouldn't quite know how to go about it, or which hurdles may come up.

Alright, ty~

Since this thread was necro'd recently it seems fitting to put needed input into this question.

You can set up 'shearing' and milking reactions by modifying the creature raw properties. Other notable mod makers and modders in general have worked with this to have created bats (as a subterreanean animal) that have a regrowing shearable skin layer (with high tissue regeneration i think, i could be wrong and they have modified the bats skin to grow in excess like hair) to give off body parts for leather materials.

Wool by definition is a product of [YARN] (its very token specific on what can be allocated, so in some cases you might have to transform one product into another) which is why trolls can be sheared, because they have the same 'rules' as sheep in the reaction that they are based in which looks for a animal with the [YARN] body part tag if it is friendly livestock and removes it. Ill get back to you with the specifics but this is the kind of body part RAW configuration that happens.

Code: ( As part of the 'Body Plan' allocated under 'Standard Materials' on the sheep raw.) [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
[YARN]

A inventive use to put foward for this is to cut off one a tame hydra's heads entirely in order to harvest it (I don't know if you could extract teeth or additional materials from that but its a neat way to cheat leather for the effort of taming one, once you have the head i guess you can set up seperate reactions to remove parts from it by using HYDRA:HEAD or something like that as a reagent.)

Using a similar template from cows, you can also create milking reactions using the same logic as for a specific shearing action on a material. However it will dump the contents into a bucket, which will probably need a separate reaction to empty into a barrel, and the milking regardless of material is periodic rather than re-usable, even if the actual contextual source is infinite.

Code: ( this states the name for identification in the reagent and the subsequent products, (MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000) is the relevant part for conducting the reaction, you could switch out the local creature mat for something else) [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILK:MILK_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frozen cow's milk]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen cow's milk]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:cow's milk]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:cow's milk]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling cow's milk]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling cow's milk]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:CHEESE:CREATURE_CHEESE_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME:SOLID:cow cheese]
[STATE_ADJ:SOLID:cow cheese]
[STATE_NAME:SOLID_POWDER:cow cheese powder]
[STATE_ADJ:SOLID_POWDER:cow cheese powder]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:melted cow cheese]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:melted cow cheese]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling cow cheese]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling cow cheese]

As a cursory suggestion, if you use bucket and barrel materials with a set temperature (such as nether cap retaining a fixed heat temperature) and find a way to package your product into the bucket/barrel very quickly, you can retain the heat/cold of a product indefinitely, in the case that you wanted to make a creature you could milk for a very hot substance or a very cold one (whipped cream magic cows that dispense almost ready to eat, with a little prepping, ice cream anyone?)

My own reactions question, can you extract bones specifically from a corpse? Leaving it as meat and skin and probably collapsing upon itself?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2016, 09:20:13 am »

I'm reasonably certain that you can't remove bones without taking the whole corpse apart/regular butchery. You could probably use one of those 'shearing' reactions but have it produce bones instead.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to remove just the bones?

Edit: Ice Cream Cow
Note: Is untested. I made this in like fifteen minutes as a joke. Use with caution and chocolate syrup.
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:ICECOW]
[DESCRIPTION:A large mammalian chillbivore.  They often bear large horns and the males are chill guys.  They are domesticated for ice cream.]
[NAME:ice cow:ice cows:cold bovine]
[CASTE_NAME:ice cow:ice cows:cold bovine]
[CREATURE_TILE:'C'][COLOR:6:0:0]
[PETVALUE:1000]
[PREFSTRING:ice cream]
[BIOME:GLACIER]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[LARGE_ROAMING]
[LARGE_PREDATOR]
[MEANDERER]
[BONECARN]
[VISION_ARC:50:310]
[BODY:QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF:TAIL:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:MOUTH:TONGUE:GENERIC_TEETH:RIBCAGE:2HEAD_HORN]
[SUPERNATURAL]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HOOF:HOOF_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:HORN:HORN_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS:HAIR]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:PARCHMENT]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:frosted vellum]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frosted vellum]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:100000]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:250000]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:600000]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:20]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HOOF_FRONT]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:KICK:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HOOF_REAR]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:kick:kicks]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:4:4]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[ATTACK:BITE:CHILD_BODYPART_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:BY_CATEGORY:TOOTH]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:HGORE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:HORN]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:gore:gores]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:cow calf:cow calves]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:9070]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:722:545:325:1900:2900] 27 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:MILK:CREATURE_CHEESE_TEMPLATe]
[STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:ice cream]
[STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:ice cream]
[STATE_NAME:LIQUID:melted ice cream]
[STATE_ADJ:LIQUID:melted ice cream]
[STATE_NAME:GAS:boiling ice cream]
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling ice cream]
[MILKABLE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:MILK:20000]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:bull:bulls:bull]
[CHILDNAME:bull calf:bull calves]
[SET_BP_GROUP:BY_TYPE:LOWERBODY][BP_ADD_TYPE:GELDABLE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:HAIR]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1:BROWN:1:WHITE:1:GRAY:1:LIGHT_BROWN:1:DARK_BROWN:1:TAN:1:AUBURN:1:CHESTNUT:1:SLATE_GRAY:1:CREAM:1:CINNAMON:1:BUFF:1:BEIGE:1:CHOCOLATE:1:CHARCOAL:1:ASH_GRAY:1:RUSSET:1:IVORY:1:FLAX:1:PUMPKIN:1:GOLD:1:GOLDEN_YELLOW:1:GOLDENROD:1:COPPER:1:SAFFRON:1:AMBER:1:MAHOGANY:1:OCHRE:1:PALE_BROWN:1:RAW_UMBER:1:BURNT_SIENNA:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:DARK_TAN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:DARK_CHESTNUT:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_DARK:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1:TAUPE_GRAY:1:TAUPE_MEDIUM:1:ECRU:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:hair:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:SKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BROWN:1:BURNT_UMBER:1:CINNAMON:1:COPPER:1:DARK_BROWN:1:DARK_PEACH:1:DARK_TAN:1:ECRU:1:PALE_BROWN:1:PALE_CHESTNUT:1:PALE_PINK:1:PEACH:1:PINK:1:RAW_UMBER:1:SEPIA:1:TAN:1:TAUPE_PALE:1:TAUPE_SANDY:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[MULTIPLY_VALUE:2]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_MELTING_POINT:20000]
[IF_EXISTS_SET_BOILING_POINT:30000]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:47:46 am by overseer05-15 »
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2016, 11:43:17 am »

I hope you have nether cap buckets and a cold-ish room to keep that ice cream cool, nether cap remains constantly cool as long as the object inside the container/bucket is already cold and below the nether caps standard temperature (on what i've read up its only preventative of excessive heat, not proactive in cooling the object inside it)

Mmm, what about nether cap container for ice? (convert ice into a finished product, say crushed ice/explicitly cut ice blocks) then dump the container in a stockpile in the subterreanean biome (cold enough to hold ice out for a little while before melting) and build out of that?

I wanted to fix goblin cannibalism/sentient eating by having goblins using tools, segment corpses into fat (to be turned into soap/wax not eaten if there are still conflicts) skin (for leather) and indiscriminate bones (imperfect if i can't find a way to target a butchery object precisely but whatever, as long as i can get a baseline amount of bones out even if they have no name or identifiable origin)

Therefore i can just recycle trolls and fallen peasants as intended.

The amount i get from it doesn't matter with the reasoning im using carving knives, boning knives and meat cleavers etc for efficiency , and  to good effect, plus additional reason to equip them on my off duty citizens so they can do a job but still form a good militia with small and oft deadly knives (butcher cleaver counts as a axe). I might even mod in a dinky silly little chef hat too.

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2016, 01:08:06 pm »

which file holds 'automation'? examples; catch a fish 'prepare raw fish' job gets queued in the fishery, butcher an animal 'tallow fat' and 'tan hide' and so on. id like to know because id like to complete the other basic automations like spinning from sheared animals then making cloth (i dont think there are any other paths here) and probably making cheese from milk. i havent used milk as a 'raw' cooking ingredient yet. it would be nice to reduce announcement cancellation spams from using the vanilla manager.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 23, 2016, 01:35:47 pm »

The [AUTOMATIC] tag in a reaction does that, applying to just tanning and rendering by default. There's no sensible way of touching the hardcoded jobs.

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 23, 2016, 02:08:06 pm »

awh, thanks for the info. hoping this plea gets heard by someone and make the management a bit easier.

weird, i only see 2 automatic, it might be possible with ☼modding skills☼. as for fishing, how do dorfs magically know they shouldnt eat fish until its been cleaned. achievement get +1 point to IQ

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 23, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »

as for fishing, how do dorfs magically know they shouldnt eat fish until its been cleaned. achievement get +1 point to IQ

The [FISHITEM] tag in the creature raw dictates that it needs to be cleaned at a fishery before it's edible.  Not sure what would happen if you put that on a non-vermin land creature :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 23, 2016, 02:38:48 pm »

awh, thanks for the info. hoping this plea gets heard by someone and make the management a bit easier.

weird, i only see 2 automatic, it might be possible with ☼modding skills☼. as for fishing, how do dorfs magically know they shouldnt eat fish until its been cleaned. achievement get +1 point to IQ

Presumably (don't quote me on this because this is a educated guess because its all hardcoded) fishing kills the vermin by [FISHITEM] in its raws, in which the vermin's corpse is then turned into the FISH product that is eaten whole rather than cut apart (another theory is that it a custom effect of to deliver the 'vermin remains' of the fish at the feet of the dwarf). It can't be butchered or small creature dissected normally because of 'no butcher' tags on the creature.

If there are seperate material definitions, in which [FISHITEM] may have a secret hardcoded one that means that in the reaction it can quote the both fish inedible and edible state via  [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT]  which is mutual to other inedible things being made edible through a reactionary process (like fat and tallow), the prepared fish requires [EDIBLE COOKED] material definition raws in order to be used in a kitchen supporting this theory.

Edit - Ninja'd by dirst lol.

fonzacus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2016, 02:59:04 pm »

IMHO dorfs are the true vermins. wrecking mountains, destroying nature, swimming in lava

all in all, having more automatics should be impossible ATM unless youre willing to break the game. labeling a livestock as a vermin might have a cat attack a 'land vermin', trappers might not be affected. fishers should be fine since fishing means wading in the water waiting for fish to eat your beard. labeling the wool and milk vermin might cause even more trouble than its worth. so yeah, no can do on vanilla, only in dfhacks

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2016, 04:19:46 pm »

Anyone know how to make a creature drop a porcelain mug on death?
I know it works like
[ITEMCORPSE:something:MUG:INORGANIC:PORCELAIN]but I don't know what that 'something' is.

My game giveaway

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 24, 2016, 04:22:01 pm »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2016, 04:25:24 pm »

Anyone know how to make a creature drop a porcelain mug on death?
I know it works like
[ITEMCORPSE:something:MUG:INORGANIC:PORCELAIN]but I don't know what that 'something' is.

Yep putnam's right on the money. Goblet is the core type, it'll be automatically re-named into a mug when converting to a HARD MAT type like that anyway.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 24, 2016, 05:08:10 pm »

Actually it now gives me a 'magma' wherever the creature dies.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:13:11 pm by overseer05-15 »

My game giveaway

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 24, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »

Did you actually make PORCELAIN?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13